She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Psion; me, I admit I've been using my moisturizer more than usual. It's Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula, and it smells like chocolate; I use it anyway where the plasma folks STICK me to try to reduce scarring, but I've been using it on my hands lately too. I strongly suggest to avoid dry hands, you just find a scent you like since not all moisturizer smells the same.

Anyway I wonder sometimes. Yesterday we got a Wal-Mart delivery; I'd left the delivery person a little present. I took some bottled water we had around and left it in the freezer a couple hours (Little icy and cold!) and then left it in a bag hanging on our screen door with a note stapled to it. Guess what? The delivery gal had brought her kids! (Whaaat?) It might of been since she had no child care, but that was weird..

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/pelosi-...ne-11585609787

How can they honestly even write this?
    Rupert Murdoch owns the WSJ.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52103066

As Trump proclaims that the U.S. has more than enough supplies, Montana gov Steve Bullock says the state is nearly out of testing kits.

However, Montana Governor Steve Bullock is heard to say his state does not have adequate numbers of kits.

"Literally, we are one day away, if we don't get test kits from the CDC [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention], that we wouldn't be able to do testing in Montana," he says.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52106321

Twitter & Facebook removed social media posts by Brazilian Pres Jair Bolsonaro & Venezuelan Pres Nicolás Maduro for spreading misinformation about Covid treatments.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-...ost_type=share

A 12 yr old Belgian girl is now the youngest victim in Europe. The previous was a 16 yr old girl in France. Portugal has also had a death of a 14 yr old.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

6souls recognizes the brand is strong!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I'm not one to complain about people's beliefs on social media, corrections sure, but not complaints, but I have an uncle who has been a Licensed Practical Nurse for most of his life. The later part of his career has been spent working for ICE which has unfortunately shaped his views quite negatively. Lately if he is not posting memes to "own the libs," he is posting his "professional opinion" (copy/paste from wiki & reddit) about why the current pandemic is no worse than the swine flu and repeated exposure is a good thing for healthcare workers.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

trump so powerful he can change the date of resurrection of our lord and saviour. impressive

China's number's still haven't changed...none of them.

BG Level

everyone so critical of them finding a cure smh

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Roosevelt is going poorly.... https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...h-15167883.php

Captain understands the problem. They can not distance, 4000+ individuals on a god damn carrier.

Here's the result of no support to the Roosevelt:

Abandon, AoE, where ya'll at better not say USS TR

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    The Roosevelt is going poorly.... https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...h-15167883.php

Captain understands the problem. They can not distance, 4000+ individuals on a god damn carrier.

Here's the result of no support to the Roosevelt:

Abandon, AoE, where ya'll at better not say USS TR
    I got nothing to say. The Navy's gonna Navy though. Stubborn as shit until someone gets hurt or someone breaks protocol. I've told my dudes still on the boat, if one person gets it, the whole boat's getting it so please be careful.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    I got nothing to say. The Navy's gonna Navy though. Stubborn as shit until someone gets hurt or someone breaks protocol. I've told my dudes still on the boat, if one person gets it, the whole boat's getting it so please be careful.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've been following that because our unit is going underway in less then 3 weeks (leaving from Seattle).

We've already been told we can't pull into one our regular port calls, and the entire plan the command has come up with is completely fucked if a single person brings the Rona with them.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Re: this

ya dimmy we all will know someone who will die from this. People aren't freaking out because it's a joke, haha. My company has a thousand people and we're almost certainly going to at least one, probably more like 5.

I am still down for 350k dead nationally from coronavirus by EoY, largely because I don't think we're done seeing the mismanagement of this crisis. 350k is a ~50% infection rate and ~2% mortality rate. I hope I'm wrong.
    Uh, hate to be a downer, but 50% infection rate is 175,000,000 people. 2% death rate is 3.5 MILLION people in the US alone.

Somebody please tell me I am doing this math wrong...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Civilian here checking it to say I had no idea that carriers housed 4000+ servicemen, I thought it was a few hundred at most. That’s wild. Y’all are basically a floating city of death.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Civilian here checking it to say I had no idea that carriers housed 4000+ servicemen, I thought it was a few hundred at most. That’s wild. Y’all are basically a floating city of death.
    A few hundred?

Dude do you know how huge an aircraft carrier is?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Clearly not. Lol

For that matter I don't really have a proper scale of one in my mind either.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner View Post
    Uh, hate to be a downer, but 50% infection rate is 175,000,000 people. 2% death rate is 3.5 MILLION people in the US alone.

Somebody please tell me I am doing this math wrong...
    This, plus assuminng it gets as worse as 175,000,000 infections you may expect repeat cases where the result would be much worse than 3,5M.

Not to mention, 2% is way optimistic compared to what Spain and Italy is current having. 175M infections would seriously strain the hospital capacity (even if you assume the number spreads throughout the whole year) and ultimately reduce the quality of care people receive. With 100,000 you run out of toilet papers..imagine 175M. Then 2% would be a really optimistic scenario.

A more optimistic view would be people obeying the quarantine rules, virus slows down in summer and we develop a method to deal with it by the next attack. Crossing fingers for this one.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Dude do you know how huge an aircraft carrier is?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast