Page 5 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Tapatalk be wilin'.

HC don't you go fucking dying on me.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    The current morality rate in America is 1.92%. 1-3% was the estimated mortality rate when all this began.

Also to dive into this further, the age demographic of mortality in SARS went as follows:

less than 1% for people younger than 25
    6% for those aged 25 to 44
    15% for those aged 45 to 64
    50% for people 65 or older

You can assume this will be similar.
    Mortality rate here right now is with adequate medical care. Guess what we wont have as our providers get bodied by this mess?

That's when you get numbers like Italy, only magnified for our larger population.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well looks like boss is thinking about shutting or semi shutting down the business at least until things get less crazy... some of it I understand since many of businesses are just either shutdown or saying they don't want us to show up for a bit. But also going to convince others to wait until a later date and deny a lot of call ins... so like some kind of weird skeleton operations

I don't think he realizes how long at least some measure of restrictions will be in place (especially here in the bay area). Or the fact half his employees live paycheck to paycheck at best

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Fuggin hell my brother and I play Nazi Zombies all the time since world at war... please no!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://news.yahoo.com/group-28-spri...181005494.html

28 Texan spring breakers who recently returned from Los Cabos, Mexico have tested positive.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

There's a video floating around Facebook of the FBI loading a uhaul with n95s.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Russia's total went up 500 yesterday to today. 2337 total, 1613 of those in Moscow

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

US death toll is at 3,415

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Spain on Tuesday announced 849 coronavirus deaths over the past 24 hours, marking the deadliest day so far in the country’s outbreak that has now cost at least 8,189 lives, amid mounting questions about how long a tightening lockdown is sustainable.

Meanwhile, the number of confirmed cases in Spain totaled 94,417 on Tuesday, growing by around 11 percent — a slower rate than a week ago.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-latest-news/

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Confirmed cases of the coronavirus and related deaths continue to rise in New York, where the state recorded 332 new deaths Monday for a total of 1,550, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) said Tuesday.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://news.yahoo.com/days-funeral-...123120318.html

A funeral in Albany, GA with 200 attendees last month led to 600 positives and 24 deaths.

BG Level

That's fucked up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You guys move too fast so not sure if already posted but...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...141715106.html

So yeah China sending a ton of bad supplies. So among other things any country who got test kits from them (particularly Spain) might have many more cases they have confirmed.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Nearly 500 people in France who contracted coronavirus have died in the past day, health officials said Tuesday, bringing the country’s total death toll to 3,523.

The official French government count, which included 499 deaths since Monday, only included deaths recorded at hospitals, meaning the toll could still increase.

The number of newly confirmed cases also sharply increased by 7,578, likely in part because a growing number of people are being tested. The country’s total number of confirmed cases has now surpassed 52,000.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-latest-news/

Was sent this trash earlier and asked if it was legit since I work at NASA...

Spoiler: show

It was a comet all along, our government's just care so much about our family time they orchestrated a...deadly...pandemic.

i'm personally thinking the death toll in the US is probably going to be more like 20million all told, from the late jump we got on, to people being terrible at social distancing, to the fact that no one has immunity yet except for those who got sick (maybe, as some seem to have gotten reinfected?), and the fact that our hospitals havn't even gotten overwhelmed yet except maybe new york city and our supply chain is woefully inadequate to the task.

then take into the account that our labor force is going to start getting sick/dying off as this crawls on and gets worse, compounding the supply issue, and our skilled labor (read: nurses/doctors) will be doing the same, and they are one of the most critical resources we can have and not easily replaced at all, taking years or decades, and the hospital overcrowding issue will get worse. and as this is occurring, all the usual accidents and medical issues will be occurring - people will still be having heart attacks and strokes and gunshot wounds, although perhaps a bit less due to a falling population and stay at home orders that hopefully will be enforced. then again, people might start getting cabin fever, so we might wind up with the opposite after a while, an explosion of problems from people acting out from mental health issues arising from isolation as social butterflies become starved and strained families are forced to coop up with each other for extended times.

this, while people are facing the highest unemployment rate since... well, not even the great depression will compare. is this the Greater Depression? we may see a jump in desperation crimes if congress doesn't get its act together and fast to keep the populace well fed and rents paid till the crisis is past, and helps people on their feet after - and we know the likely hood of congress acting either together or swiftly. this will strain our police and already strained hospitals even further, and likely even our grocery stores will see people rioting and breaking in to steal food if congress really fumbles the ball on food stamps/payments to the poor/rent relief/unemployment.

all told, this is just the opening act. i've little confidence in our current congress to navigate through this tricky mess they've made by being slow to act. my only comfort is that there's likely going to be a lot of good change that will come out of this, provided people are vigilant about the wording of any new bills passed through congress afterword. thanks to the internet and the age of information, such things are much more difficult to do... provided we still have an internet running after this mess.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

20,699 cases and 615 deaths so far today in the US and New York hasn't even posted its second update of the day yet.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh boy here come the Italy numbers

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    20 million dead in US
    20 million ey?

the coronasaurus rex will really have to take to them 'murican lungs to achieve this

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast