BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

yeesh

BG really dunno maths huh

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I was being sarcastic jesus christ did you get COVID of the brain
    Replying to Guartz too much and you got caught in the cross fire. My bad

Lets say I contract the virus today and I'm tested for it. Ok, I now know that I have covid-19. I'm now released upon the world and chances are I'm still going to accidentally infect a dozen other people simply by having to stay alive as a human being, which does require various forms of contact even if they are indirectly. Whether I know I'm sick or not does not lessen or increase the exposure rate of other human beings from my sickness. I'm still in the population and not taken out of it in no way or form.

If you've been doing anything close to attempting to self-quarantine this entire time, whether you're tested or not should not effect how you're experiencing this pandemic. But don't kid yourself. It's impossible to fully limit contact with others, whether it be airborne or physical, at a 100% success rate. Even if you're doing everything right. Hospitals are proof of that.
    Why do you need to be in contact with people and infect them? Self isolate, using our amazing healthcare system take time off from work, get groceries ordered in or have a friend get you some stuff. WEAR A FUCKING MASK if you go out. Simple steps.

It's not about limiting it by 100%...it never has been. It's been about containing it as best as possible and having testing numbers plays a major role in that.

But you're right, I value your opinion as the BG resident doctor + epidemiologist

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Do you even work in a hospital?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    I do not. However I do know that my city has experienced more community spread from hospitals and the staffers than the general populous has given the general populous because I'm given those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    I do not. However I do know that my city has experienced more community spread from hospitals and the staffers than the general populous has given the general populous because I'm given those numbers.
    What are those stats and the data to back them up?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

And those numbers would be worse if hospitals didn't take any precautions at all.

Fucking hell

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    What are those stats and the data to back them up?
    institutional outbreaks and their origin points (this means these cases know their origin point) vs community outbreak numbers (unknown origin point).

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    And those numbers would be worse if hospitals didn't take any precautions at all.

Fucking hell

who the hell said anything about not taking precautions? we're talking about the viability of mass testing and it's actual worth to individuals. what are you even talking about? are you even paying attention?

BG Level

the old angry strawman, gotta love it

Lets say I contract the virus today and I'm tested for it. Ok, I now know that I have covid-19. I'm now released upon the world and chances are I'm still going to accidentally infect a dozen other people simply by having to stay alive as a human being, which does require various forms of contact even if they are indirectly. Whether I know I'm sick or not does not lessen or increase the exposure rate of other human beings from my sickness. I'm still in the population and not taken out of it in no way or form.

If you've been doing anything close to attempting to self-quarantine this entire time, whether you're tested or not should not effect how you're experiencing this pandemic. But don't kid yourself. It's impossible to fully limit contact with others, whether it be airborne or physical, at a 100% success rate. Even if you're doing everything right. Hospitals are proof of that. Hospitals have globally been spreading this thing like crazy, and they're in the business of knowing how to deal with viruses.
    So... if you knew you had COVID, you are saying you wouldn't change anything about your life right now? Guess we shouldn't bother testing for STD's either, because once people know they have HIV I think we all know the 1st thing they would do is jump on tinder.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

The number of official US deaths has passed 100,000.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

institutional outbreaks and their origin points (this means these cases know their origin point) vs community outbreak numbers (unknown origin point).
    Where is the data? Link it/show it/explain your rationale behind it.

who the hell said anything about not taking precautions? we're talking about the viability of mass testing and it's actual worth to individuals. what are you even talking about? are you even paying attention?
    Seemed to work for SK/Iceland pretty well.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    So... if you knew you had COVID, you are saying you wouldn't change anything about your life right now? Guess we shouldn't bother testing for STD's either, because once people know they have HIV I think we all know the 1st thing they would do is jump on tinder.
    these are completely different concepts though. the world is currently treating the entire world as though everybody has covid. nobody goes into a relationship as though their new found partner has hiv unless you're getting into something pretty skivvy. if you haven't been going through life in the past 3 months like you yourself are sick each and every day you've failed this pandemic pretty hard

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Disney World planning to re-open Magic Kingdom+Animal Kingdom July 11, Epcot July 15

SeaWorld planning on June 11

Universal Studios planning on June 5

these are completely different concepts though. the world is currently treating the entire world as though everybody has covid. nobody goes into a relationship as though their new found partner has hiv unless you're getting into something pretty skivvy. if you haven't been going through life in the past 3 months like you yourself are sick each and every day you've failed this pandemic pretty hard
    We are treating everyone like they have COVID because of the lack of testing... If we had access to easy testing for everyone, things would go back to normal pretty fucking fast. If we could make it so easy and quick to test that people could just get weekly tests, lockdowns wouldn't be needed and trace tracking would be really useful. Should also note that if testing checked for antibodies, wouldn't that allow people who just got it and didn't know to pull back? Without a vaccine, testing is the quickest way back to being normal.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I can't find where he got the 5,185 from pneumonia stat from.

If that's what is being reported there's massive misreporting though, Florida only has ~3,000 pneumonia+influenza deaths per calendar year.

Yea, I need to see more info before i call that. Just because it is pretty fucked up and I want to give them a benefit of a doubt.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Russia will no longer include asymptomatic coronavirus patients on their daily virus count

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Looking at the CDC site myself, https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm, it shows that Florida currently has 5549 pneumonia/flu deaths (5248 pneumonia only) which is already way higher than the 2.6k-3k yearly pneumonia/flu deaths Florida has going back as far as 2005 based on CDC data, https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/s..._pneumonia.htm.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

New Zealand has gone 5 days straights without a new case and no longer has any Covid patients in the hospital.

https://twitter.com/radionz/status/1265448829593063425

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

oh Jacinda, do it right baby