Closed Thread
Page 130 of 154 FirstFirst ... 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 ... LastLast
    TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Okay, but what does Trump ordering businesses to stop working with China in September 2019 have to do with the virus?
    Yes, if it's not obvious to you China is an existential threat to the western world of democracy. The virus just highlighted how dependent we have become to an actual tyrannical government, something Trump admin seeks to reverse. I know hindsight is 2020, but Nixon worst move was to recognize China and expecting it to become a liberal society by 2015. It's 2020 and it's just as tyrannical is ever, mass murder and concentration camps are a norm. It also uses it's power and influence to go after political enemies outside it's borders, there are very many examples how china threatens one media company or another to fire some or take down an article. Not just in US either, all over the western world. Look at what happened to WHO.

If the west allows China to keep going like this, you can just say goodbye to all progress the west has made in the last 100 years. Slavery, book burning, stoning gays and political prisons will be back on the menu.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Those things are already pushed by the right in America.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    Yes, if it's not obvious to you China is an existential threat to the western world of democracy. The virus just highlighted how dependent we have become to an actual tyrannical government, something Trump admin seeks to reverse. I know hindsight is 2020, but Nixon worst move was to recognize China and expecting it to become a liberal society by 2015. It's 2020 and it's just as tyrannical is ever, mass murder and concentration camps are a norm. It also uses it's power and influence to go after political enemies outside it's borders, there are very many examples how china threatens one media company or another to fire some or take down an article. Not just in US either, all over the western world. Look at what happened to WHO.

If the west allows China to keep going like this, you can just say goodbye to all progress the west has made in the last 100 years. Slavery, book burning, stoning gays and political prisons will be back on the menu.
    Okay, so what examples did you pull from of BG rewriting the history on this?

How does this at all relate to the current administration's failure to combat a global pandemic that they knew about before it made landfall in the US? He could have stopped travel as a "guys this is fucking real threat" back in December/ early January or so to both play his hand at bitchslapping China and also showing the American people he was trying to combat it. It was a weak effort, as anyone can tell you that if you only do a simple travel ban from 1 country..people will just reroute their flights.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...131306831.html

However, reasonable AMERICANS expect the federal government to do little. Travel restrictions, federal funding and resource assistance is about the extent of what the feds are allowed to do.
    The entire point of a federal government is to help it's citizens, especially in times like this. Also according to Trump he has the power to push shit onto the states doesn't he? He's been saying that all this time. So are you saying he's lying and has little to no power?

"Keep the gov't out of my life....but if you could toss my company a few million as a bailout plz i'd appreciate it kthx"

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post

The entire point of a federal government is to help it's citizens, especially in times like this. Also according to Trump he has the power to push shit onto the states doesn't he? He's been saying that all this time. So are you saying he's lying and has little to no power?

Again with the revision of history.

Tax relief, money deposited directly into bank accounts for small businesses and individuals, hospitals built and supplies delivered and the worst hit regions got military medics. Turned out the virus isn't as bad as originally predicted, hospitals aren't overwhelmed, so that's been cut back. Now the admin is focused on reopening the country.

Wtf more do you want, federal agents to show up at your door and do your dishes?

BG Level

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Turns out the virus isn't as bad as originally predicted," lmao

BG Level

Guartz you card

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Turned out the virus isn't as bad as originally predicted, hospitals aren't overwhelmed, so that's been cut back. Now the admin is focused on reopening the country.
    Isn't as bad, where the fuck have you been these past few months? Hospitals were overwhelmed in the major population areas, but that has lowed as people recovered and others died off. Now we are seeing new outbreaks in rural counties. Also, the admin, who shifted the responsibility of reopening to the states, is now coming down hard on states for not opening faster than their own recommended timelines.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Also,

Okay, so what examples did you pull from of BG rewriting the history on this?

BG Level

Meanwhile in reality;

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...m_campaign=npr

But hey, the research was taking place in China, so fuck 'em, right? Why would we ever need to study the potential for new Coronavirus outbreaks in China

BG Level

Also I think guartz just leaned into the camera and said "you ain't American!"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Tax relief, money deposited directly into bank accounts for small businesses and individuals, hospitals built and supplies delivered and the worst hit regions got military medics. Turned out the virus isn't as bad as originally predicted, hospitals aren't overwhelmed, so that's been cut back. Now the admin is focused on reopening the country.

Wtf more do you want, federal agents to show up at your door and do your dishes?
    Is that why states had to hide the fact they were getting supplies because the feds were taking them away?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/arielsh.../#70c7bfd375d3

Also tell the families of the 100k dead it wasn't as bad as predicted. I'm sure they're all breathing a sigh of relief at that. I don't know if this is your weak attempt at trolling or you've drank so much of the kool-aid you've drowned in it.

BG Level

My state had to order supplies from South Korea and hide them to prevent confiscation by the feds.

?
    Where did I revise history in that quote? Trump has stated multiple times he would enforce bans on states or force them open when he wanted them to be open...but hasn't. You saying your boy is a cuck when it comes to Cuomo and NY?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...us/5189613002/

FEMA canceled 100k N95 respirator masks heading to Iowa after Trump invoked his authority to give the federal government priority for obtaining and distributing those supplies.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...esL9zJZWqjeuF8

FEMA seized testing equipment from Minnesota and diverted PPE meant for the state back to the federal stockpile.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...le/2996256001/

FEMA seized N95's from a Delaware supplier that were meant to go to nursing homes in Delaware and to the state of Michigan.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/n...cated-by-fema/

FEMA seized PPE meant for nursing homes in Colorado and redirected to the federal stockplie.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

You TDS people are so wrong all the freaking time it's sad, and this thread is actively rewriting very recent history.

but of course it's drumpf's fault.
    “China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus,” Trump wrote in a post on Twitter. “The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Further more, in America, religious freedom is a guaranteed right, states can issues recommendations but should have no legal authority enforce it. I know it baffles you commie brains, but that's the tithe we all pay to guarantee against tyranny.
    This is easily my favorite complaint to hear. Because every time the person espousing it completely ignores the separation between church and state. Always need to get that gubment out of my religion but it’s totally fine to have my religion in your gubment.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Don't forget, that only applies to Christian religious freedom. Just imagine if a group of Muslims posted an armed perimeter around their mosque in defiance of shutdown orders.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Armed Muslims are clearly terrorists. Everyone knows that!
    /s

Banned.

BG Level

Isn't as bad, where the fuck have you been these past few months? Hospitals were overwhelmed in the major population areas, but that has lowed as people recovered and others died off. Now we are seeing new outbreaks in rural counties. Also, the admin, who shifted the responsibility of reopening to the states, is now coming down hard on states for not opening faster than their own recommended timelines.
    no.
    only NYC was "overwhelmed" and they didnt even use the Mercy or Javits center.
    We (the medical community) have never been truly overwhelmed from this pandemic.