Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

{COVID-19} Coronavirus Pandemic II: Easter is Being Rescheduled to July 15th

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    You want sobering news? Even trump is saying we are looking at 100k casualties in the states as a best case scenario.

The virus response coordinator, Dr. Birx, says it's more like 200k if we handle it perfectly, which isnt happening.

https://news.yahoo.com/dr-birx-predi...115800421.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    That number seems incredibly high.
    Per the press conference, the data will be released tomorrow.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Fauci expects the virus to re-emerge this fall, but less catastrophic.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Posting so I can keep reading in here

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

@dimmo

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...still-unclear/

The expert consensus is that COVID-19 will cause 246,000 deaths in 2020, higher than last week’s estimate of 200,000 deaths. The consensus estimate ranges, though, between 36,000 and 1.1 million. That’s quite a span, with major implications for American society tucked into that uncertainty.
    100K dead domestically is on the lower, not higher, side of the estimates. a few are more optimistic, but not many.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I could see globally. If that's nationally, then we will all know someone that will die.
    You are neither an epidemiologist nor a numbers guy, Dimmy. We don't all know a thousand+ people; yes many of us will know a covid death but nowhere near all until millions die.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    Posting so I can keep reading in here
    Ya know there's a subscribe button right?

Spoiler: show
    Which I'm avoiding clicking by chastising you for not clicking it

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

the subscribe button is the one that says post quick reply right

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-...ost_type=share

Addressing the US mask shortage, President Trump says new equipment to sanitise masks will be sent out to the regional hotspots.

Each mask can be disinfected 20 times and the new machine can take on 120,000 masks per day, Mr Trump says.

Two disinfecting machines are now in Ohio; one is in New York City; two more are being shipped to Washington DC and Seattle.

President Trump says private companies working with the government are soon going to outpace the nation's needs.

He says 8,100 ventilators have been sent out thus far. Four hundred more are going to Michigan, 300 to New Jersey, 150 to Illinois, 150 to Louisiana, 50 to Connecticut.

Mr Trump adds that the Ford Motor Company will be producing 50,000 new ventilators and doing so "in less than 100 days".

Nine other companies are also working on ventilator production.

"As we outpace what we need, we'll be sending them to Italy, we're going to be sending them to France, we're going to be sending them to Spain where they have tremendous problems," Mr Trump added.

The president says the US will specifically be "sending $100m-worth of things - surgical and medical and hospital things - to Italy".

Trump says he thinks the US will be in "very good shape" supplying states with ventilators and other medical supplies by the time the outbreak "peaks" in two weeks.

"We have now 10 companies at least making the ventilators and we say go ahead," he said at his daily White House press briefing.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So most of those companies would be doing it anyway, but it's nice to see some people/corporations pulling together in the right direction.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

These briefings...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Florida public schools will remain closed until at least May 1st.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    So most of those companies would be doing it anyway, but it's nice to see some people/corporations pulling together in the right direction.
    money talks, since those companies cant sell shit atm with their regular products. Of course they will move in that direction where the money currently can be made

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

FBI agents arrested a Brooklyn man Monday suspected of price-gouging doctors desperately seeking masks and other protective gear, charging him with assault for coughing on agents and claiming he had coronavirus.

The charges were announced by New Jersey U.S. Attorney Craig Carpenito, who has been leading much of the Justice Department’s efforts to crack down on people trying to profit illegally from the pandemic.

Officials said Baruch Feldheim, 43, used a messaging app to sell N95 masks and other personal protective equipment, and agreed to sell a New Jersey doctor 1,000 masks for about $12,000, a roughly 700 percent markup from the normal price.

The doctor later told the FBI that when he and Feldheim went to an auto repair shop to pick up the masks, he saw enough equipment to stock a hospital. Officials also said that Feldheim received a shipment last week of eight pallets of medical masks.

When FBI agents questioned Feldheim about the supplies Sunday, Feldheim allegedly coughed in their direction without covering his mouth, and when the agent told him they believed he possessed large quantities of protective equipment, Feldheim told them he had coronavirus.

Authorities also say that Feldheim lied to the agents about his business selling personal protective equipment, falsely claiming that he worked for a company in that business, and never personally possessed such gear. In addition to the assault count, he is charged with making false statements to the investigators.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-latest-news/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Wrapping up an almost hour-long briefing, Donald Trump said while a nationwide stay at home order had been discussed, such a measure would be "pretty unlikely".

"If we do that we will let you know," he said, adding that the order would be "tough" to enforce.

Asked why the US remained behind countries like South Korea in terms of the testing rate per capita, Trump said he should be congratulated on his administration's progress - and repeated earlier comments that the US is testing faster than any other country.

The president also doubled down on assertions from Sunday that states were "hoarding" critical medical supplies.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm still curious about how some people are asymptomatic, some have mild flu like symptoms and some people get hammered.

I saw a marathon runner had it bad, lost her ability to taste, but survived. Originally, people thought only old people or people in poor health, or people with lung issues. But now I'm hearing people with blood pressure problems and even people with sleep apnea. WTF? Why is it so random. I need more data. Are certain races or sex more susceptible?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Re: this

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    A couple days ago Trump's task force was estimating 200k-300k.
    I could see globally. If that's nationally, then we will all know someone that will die.
    ya dimmy we all will know someone who will die from this. People aren't freaking out because it's a joke, haha. My company has a thousand people and we're almost certainly going to at least one, probably more like 5.

I am still down for 350k dead nationally from coronavirus by EoY, largely because I don't think we're done seeing the mismanagement of this crisis. 350k is a ~50% infection rate and ~2% mortality rate. I hope I'm wrong.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post

Mr Trump adds that the Ford Motor Company will be producing 50,000 new ventilators and doing so "in less than 100 days".
    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...to-parts-plant
    https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...-100-days.html

Production will start in late April at Ford's Rawsonville Components Plant in Ypsilanti, the automaker said Monday. Output will ramp up over time, with the bulk of the 50,000 devices being built in June.

Ford, working in collaboration with GE Health, will be using an existing design from a small medical technology company called Airon. Ford is also, separately, working with GE Health to ramp up production of a more complex, fully featured ventilator.

A union representing GE employees has pushed for the company to use existing staff — who are facing layoffs — to build ventilators, rather than using auto workers.

However, Ford says the government has not finalized agreements to purchase those ventilators.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 154 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast