BG Level

God I hate that fucker.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    COVID is forever anyway, probably.

Human-cat and cat-cat transmission for multiple species of cat implies cat-human is likely and that housecats are likely susceptible. I guess we will find out shortly, but maybe this will finally get people to keep their house cats in the fucking house.
    I will fight you to the death.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

My cats only go out on leashes, but that's because of where I live.

Where my mom lives there's nothing wrong with the cats being outdoors.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I will fight you to the death.
    i mean... 3 types of cats. House cat, cat, outdoor cat.....
    at this point, it seems pretty clear if you have cat, or outdoor cat, you need to not be around them. If you got a house cat, then you gucci.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    i mean... 3 types of cats. House cat, cat, outdoor cat.....
    at this point, it seems pretty clear if you have cat, or outdoor cat, you need to not be around them. If you got a house cat, then you gucci.
    SHEP

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    SHEP
    Hey brother I miss you dude! I hope your staying safe in flo-rida, my stupid ass is in afghanistan cause i make poor life decisions oh and a had a human last year :

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

also that corona-chan video made me miss you cause I smiled so big lmao!

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hey brother I miss you dude! I hope your staying safe in flo-rida, my stupid ass is in afghanistan cause i make poor life decisions oh and a had a human last year
    Congrats!

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Since plaquenil is getting highly politicized and the media is contributing to that without good explanation, there's a few things I feel needs to be said.

1. Just because it's not FDA approved for this treatment doesn't mean it cannot or should not be used. Drugs have what are called "off-label" uses. Using this as a part of the treatment plan under the supervision of medical professionals is appropriate.

2. Fauci is absolutely right the drug hasn't been proven. And has every right to push back on Trump's adamant claims that it's some cure. It's not. But there id not sufficient evidence to claim it's useless. The studies have small n's and not of high quality. There's just not enough data to make any bold claims in either direction.

I feel like people's beliefs on this drug's efficacy are partisan. But it shouldn't be. While we pretty much know it's not a magic wand cure, it's also completely appropriate to use this as part of a treatment plan with medical supervision while we continue to collect more data. With supervision, the side-effects of the drug can be monitored and mitigated. Trump pushing it in the manner he continues to push is not beneficial and just leads to pressure in the medical community to inappropriately prescribe medicine that could be harmful.

BG Level

absolutely. i wish someone would tell my coworker that in a way he'll believe, because he's adamant it's a cure and this isn't a big deal anymore and i wish i was making this shit up.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Stay safe broskis :<

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This is our president:

Hydroclorquine = forsythia.

It's like this movie TAUGHT PEOPLE NOTHING.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    some nonsense about sweden
    this is all bullshit. fuck the washington post.
    the stats are the same as all other countries with harder enforcements. the military has set up field hospitals that are ready, but the hospitals are still on top of it (except protecting their own staff, but that seems to be general)
    and regarding the ruling party asking for more powers, that was instantly shot down and withdrawn. fuck this bullshit propaganda-nonsense

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

South Korea reported 47 new coronavirus infections on Monday, marking the first time since late February the country has recorded fewer than 50 new cases of the virus in a single day. The drop marked a significant change even compared just to the day before, when officials confirmed 81 new infections.

The total number of cases in South Korea now stands at 10,284. Officials also confirmed an additional three deaths on Monday, bringing the total to 186.

On Saturday, the South Korean government announced a two-week extension of its social distancing campaign, in part to try to reach fewer than 50 new cases each day. The current policy includes cancellations of events that attract large groups, including sports matches and religious gatherings.

Health Minister Park Neung-hoo told reporters over the weekend that despite a downward trend in new cases, it was still “too early to be at ease,” Reuters reported.

“Our goal is to be able to control infections in a way that our health and medical system, including personnel and sickbeds, can handle them at usual levels,” Park said. “If the number goes down to 50 or lower, stable treatment of the patients including the critically ill will be possible without much pressure on the system.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-latest-news/

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I feel like people's beliefs on this drug's efficacy are partisan. But it shouldn't be. While we pretty much know it's not a magic wand cure, it's also completely appropriate to use this as part of a treatment plan with medical supervision while we continue to collect more data. With supervision, the side-effects of the drug can be monitored and mitigated. Trump pushing it in the manner he continues to push is not beneficial and just leads to pressure in the medical community to inappropriately prescribe medicine that could be harmful.
    Is there any concern of others running out of the drug that need it? For lupus treatment for instance? That’s my other concern, is just making sure that while we try to use it we’re not preventing those that already need it from getting it.

CNN had a special tonight called Inside the E.R. that I thought was good. Showed what’s it’s like in one of NY’s hospitals right now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Is there any concern of others running out of the drug that need it? For lupus treatment for instance? That’s my other concern, is just making sure that while we try to use it we’re not preventing those that already need it from getting it.

CNN had a special tonight called Inside the E.R. that I thought was good. Showed what’s it’s like in one of NY’s hospitals right now.
    I came across this article last week that brought up this exact scenario. Kaiser refused to fill a woman's script for her Lupus. Give it a read:
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...us-chloroquine

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Hey brother I miss you dude! I hope your staying safe in flo-rida, my stupid ass is in afghanistan cause i make poor life decisions oh and a had a human last year :
    My mans congrats

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post

I haven't seen any instances of this or heard issues of this. It's out of patent. Can be manufactured generically. It can be given in pill form which makes it easier to be mass produced.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Google tells me there's some anecdotal incidences of pharmacies having difficulty filling it. So I don't know how wide spread it is. But, this is a drug that has to have systemic absorption to be effective. It usually takes a few months after starting it before you begin to see remission of flare-ups. Works both ways. While not ideal, if you miss doses for a few weeks, then restart it, chances are pretty low you'll have a flare-up.

Closed Thread
Page 30 of 154 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast