Closed Thread
Page 24 of 154 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-...ost_type=share

New York saw 630 deaths by the end of yesterday.
    Cuomo and De Blasio fucked this up as bad as Trump.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I have been assuming the Cuomo-wagonning lately was the same crisis bump that Trump got, potentially boosted by a national figure even less sympathetic than himself.

BG Level

He may well be saying and doing the right things now, clearly they've ramped up testing by far more than any other state which is good.

But the failure to shutdown early absolutely fucked the state over.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I have been eating out for lunch (lol essential worker) since the lockdown in LA started. I'm surprised I haven't gotten infected with all the shopping at Costco & Krogers/Ralphs I have been doing as well. And today picking up some kebabs for dinner to help the small businesses and to give my dad a break from cooking. Last week was BBQ, and the week prior curry + soft shell crab.

Yea I'm probably the shitlord who is the terrible example at staying at home. But if I were not working, I know my attitude about this would have been a fair bit different.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    My concern with eating out right now is any of the bags could have germs, or they could've touched/breathed on the food (or even spit in it for all you know). The only "meal out" we've had for weeks was Papa Murphy's take 'n bake because at least I could cook it at home at 425* before consuming it.

Also trying to figure out how to do grocery shopping, my local grocery seems to do delivery as well as curbside dropoff so might just do that and wipe everything down before it goes in the fridge/freezer. I'm honestly more worried about eating food from unknown providence than groceries I can wipe down.
    Your worry translates to any product you bring from outside your own house. Except with groceries, it's been exposed to exponentially more people than with takeout. Even if you have delivery, it's product taken from a store that has thousands of people roaming around.

BG Level

I still get takeout and shop for groceries a couple times a week. Just don't touch my face while I'm there and wash my hands afterwards. Some people get psycho about disinfecting their groceries or transferring takeout to "clean" containers but

meh

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I still get takeout and shop for groceries a couple times a week. Just don't touch my face while I'm there and wash my hands afterwards. Some people get psycho about disinfecting their groceries or transferring takeout to "clean" containers but

meh
    Yeah this is me. Wash em frequently, dont get too neurotic about it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I start working direct care covid tonight. My ex-wife is enraged I volunteered for it (putting family at risk). But the kids are with her til I'm off, I wear street clothes in. Hospital provides scrubs. Street clothes back out. Shoes stay at the hospital. At least there, I know who has it and I'm adequately protected.

She also told me that Governor Holcomb (Indiana) has stated that daycares are essential businesses. And her daycare (where she works) plans to reopen in a week or two. She's much more fucked than I am.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I also don't want this bomb sandwich place down the street from me to close for good. Going to try and get a sandwich from there every week now until this all blows over. Oh that fresh baked Italian bread is so good.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Your worry translates to any product you bring from outside your own house. Except with groceries, it's been exposed to exponentially more people than with takeout. Even if you have delivery, it's product taken from a store that has thousands of people roaming around.
    You can wipe down a carton of milk with a lysol wipe, you can't do so with a sandwich someone prepared and the produce on it will have gone through much the same channels anyway.

I mean we are definitely talking about really minute crazy shit that isn't likely to actually be a risk of course but... it's hard to step out of that mindset right now when a .00001% oops could mean dying.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    You can wipe down a carton of milk with a lysol wipe, you can't do so with a sandwich someone prepared and the produce on it will have gone through much the same channels anyway.

I mean we are definitely talking about really minute crazy shit that isn't likely to actually be a risk of course but... it's hard to step out of that mindset right now when a .00001% oops could mean dying.
    Well, last study I had seen showed a wet time of about a minute, so good luck with all that lol.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

"Wet time"?

BG Level

I'd wear a mask or bandana when I go out

But I don't have either and can't be assed to try to make one.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

How long you need to keep products wet to sanitize. You've heard 20 seconds of hand washing. Disinfecting has that same kind of criteria. That's why they say around 3cc of hand sanitizer, because it takes awhile to dry that much. You have to keep products wet to fully disinfect. Most household disinfecting wipes dry out. Hospital grade wipes are 3 minute wet times for a lot of viruses and bacteria. You can't just give something a quick wipe and be done.

Let me find you a link to better explain it.

Edit:. Here's a list of stuff with contact times. https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-regist...nst-sars-cov-2

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

bruh you have multiple homes you can handle this mask project in 10 minutes with an old shirt and scissors

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah I just looked it up, I didn't actually know that so I guess all the sanitizing of my phone and stuff I've been doing hasn't been good enough. Assuming it had virus on it in the first place, which thankfully it likely didn't. But I'll keep that in mind. Many things we've been bringing in we've been letting sit for a few days before we touch it again (mail, nonperishables etc)...I guess it's all just a crapshoot though. There's only so much you can do to protect yourself. But we gotta eat.

BG Level

may as well make 10% bleach for wiping down food packaging at this rate.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

^
    And I have a beard that I will not shave, so even a mask would be mostly pointless.

But I only go out a couple times a week to get groceries, first thing in the morning after any senior hours before any rush/line.

BG Level

And what needs to be reiterated about face coverings is that it isn't to protect yourself, it's to protect others if you're asymptomatic.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Lysol disinfecting wipes have a ten minute contact time. It's gonna take you a week to put away your groceries.

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 154 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast