Closed Thread
Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 104 144 152 153 154
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Oddly enough I kind of want to stay home. Starting to get used to it now and I'm not sure how to go about lunch since masks will be mandatory.
    Lunches at my place are either eat at your cube or eat at the common area with no more than 2 seated per table. Wipe down the table when finished. The tables are spaced out by 8 feet.

The site is also partitioned into 3 zones with its own designated restrooms. I can't use the restroom 15 feet from the lab area, instead I walk the opposite direction, up the stairs, walk halfway back across the building into the bathroom, washing my hands once when I get into the bathroom and once when I finish. Then back downstairs through the keyed door, sanitize hands, lab coat + gloves back on. Its p much an extra 5 minutes for each bathroom visit. Also really sucks running up the stairs when you really gotta take a dump.

The thing that will suck for me if they start asking us to come back is nothing changes. When i go to work (Hour+ commute), I go to my office, and i'm in there 99% of the time. I get into the office about 3 hours before most people, and normally there are only 3 other people in the building with me for hours. When people do get in, most of them are on the lower floors, so i don't even see them. I might talk to one person a day, most of the time my boss next door, which the only reason we talk in person is that it is weird to call someone next door to you.

The big fucked up thing? Even tho i work in Detroit, or primary servers and environment is hosted in a off site cloud. So i literally drive 2 to 3 hours a day, to telework in my office. We still don't have a going back date, but I'm not going to be happy when they start asking.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Yeah I basically drive to the office to telework as well. The region I work is in the Northeast and Northcentral (MN, WI, Northeast Ohio, MI, NY and New England area).

No reason for me to have to be in the office but they want me and my team there. It's quite stupid. I'm gonna WFH as long as possible.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Random question but BG surprises ya sometimes

Anyone know if blood donations count towards daily covid tests? Ive been fiending to get this antibody test over and done with in South florida so I can just know one way or another, and I found out they've been testing all blood donations for the virus, obviously. So, if you donate blood you get a free antibody test, which had me curious if the 350k-500k tests a day included blood donations (or all bodily donations im sure).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Random question but BG surprises ya sometimes

Anyone know if blood donations count towards daily covid tests? Ive been fiending to get this antibody test over and done with in South florida so I can just know one way or another, and I found out they've been testing all blood donations for the virus, obviously. So, if you donate blood you get a free antibody test, which had me curious if the 350k-500k tests a day included blood donations (or all bodily donations im sure).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Yes. It would have to.

The numbers tested is inflated, too. It's unclear if they count unique patients or total tests. I personally have sent 3-4 tests out for some of the same patients because the primary team was adamant they had false negatives.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries