+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Idk if i love or hate this game. They're making me fall in love with jessie so much

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Idk if i love or hate this game. They're making me fall in love with jessie so much

Imagine being Erica Lindbeck's twitter mentions right now.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

God damn that airbuster fight. I thought the M-Units would be helpful so I used 3 of my key cards towards that. Yeah, don't do waste key cards on that when you're at that part

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, the best ones are probably processor cores. I made the same mistake with the m-units, thought I'd get some good items

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just beat the game, god damn was that a journey. I have no idea which direction they're taking the next 2 games, and I quite like that.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post

yeah boy
    I'll let her foot dom me any day. owo

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Fuck the hell house fight lol cripes

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I just beat the game, took 50 hours. The amount of new stuff in this game is insane. I thought I was near the end (based on what I knew of the original) about 10 hours before I actually finished it. I don't know how SE could have made the game any better than they have.

Also there's enough stuff to do when you finish the game too. There's a chapter select so you can play them all on hard mode, new manuscripts to collect that boost stats and new training simulation battles. Also a play log which tells you what you've missed.

There's a Bahamut summon? I didn't get it on my playthrough. First I knew of it existing was the mini spoiler on the loading screen that tells you all about it.

I just went and watched the final trailer after beating the game. Why the fuck did SE give away that much in a trailer? I hope they don't do that with future installments.

Also I agree with the above, fuck that hell house. Probably the hardest fight in the game for me. Was obviously approaching the fight wrong.

shiva is kind of a cunt, im level 17 and doing it solo with cloud (assume you can wait until you get a full party? dont know). do you just have to do it like a fuckin dark souls fight?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Yeah. Time attacks that stun her for a bit, and that's when you attack, otherwise, lots of defending/dodging.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    You should be fine with just Fira. The most important thing is dodging her abilities, if you time Fira correctly she falls to the ground for a few seconds which gives you time to pound away at her and break her.

yea got her staggered then crossbladed, then ifrit finished with a hellfire. was kinda nasty

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I’m in chapter 14 doing quests and whatnot. I tried to defeat Leviathan with Cloud, Barret and Tifa but tidal wave instantly KO’d the team - should I wait for a full party or is that never gonna happen?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

You never have all four characters in a party at once if that's what you mean.

I just discovered that Magnify materia is essentially All from the original. Played the whole game curing people individually... Could have used so many ATB bars on better stuff. Oh well will be good for hard mode.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I can't wait to watch Maximillions stream when he gets to the honeybee inn and don corneo part. This shit is amazing hahahah

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    You never have all four characters in a party at once if that's what you mean.

I just discovered that Magnify materia is essentially All from the original. Played the whole game curing people individually... Could have used so many ATB bars on better stuff. Oh well will be good for hard mode.
    Don't use Magnify on Heal. It's much better to use Pray for heals imo and then use Magnify on Haste; it gives a huge boost to ATB build for all allies, allowing you to essentially spam Pray if you so require, with the added benefit of giving everyone else the opportunity to spam their abilities too.

Pray requires no MP to cast, and Haste is only 4 MP, which is useful on Hard mode where you can't recover mana from benches and items are disabled. In my experience it's better to spend MP on other abilities like Thundaga to help break enemies/burst than to spend it on healing. You only need Heal for that occasional emergency heal.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Good tips there Uzor. I do like haste, didn't really use it much on the first playthrough.

I tried hard mode tonight on chapter 1. Went into it thinking why is this hard mode because I had a ton of HP and all my materia, was destroying everything. Then I got to the scorpion and it took me three attempts to beat it. I can see later chapters being very challenging. I wasn't really prepared though, only had raise on one character. Was relying on Chakra a lot to save MP.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I doubt I'll play on hard mode. Boss fights are becoming more and more bullshitty and it's making the game more annoying than fun

also, all this forced walking shit can fuck off. I get they wanna be cinematic but ugh let me run