+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is that sector 5 slums locked cage after honeybee? Based on the design I'm assuming it is.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yo FUCK this Eligor boss on the real.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nevermind. After I posted that, I figured him out and beat him. Was in a death spiral w/ Phoenix Downs for a good 5 minutes.

man they..really went all out for honeybee didnt they? respect

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    man they..really went all out for honeybee didnt they? respect
    I've never been more stressed out for not fucking up a mini-game for whatever reason lol. Also, the squat mini-game pissed me off so much, but going overtly slow actually made it super fucking easy. I was too quick-click happy

Also, I think Tifa's usual fighting outfit doesn't really do her justice.

Spoiler: show

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

The push up minigame is way more annoying than the squats. If there's one thing that will stop me getting the platinum trophy in this game it will be the push ups. Pro level is insane.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I managed to get a draw at 44 each and gave up.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I love how they made hell house a boss. I was like there's no way that should be a regular enemy. DM me to reply to this if you want, I'm not reading this thread until I beat the game

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

hell house was a fun fight for me, i loved it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, fuck push ups, thought I will give up to but finally managed pro after a lot of swearing lol.

And lol at that final sequence.
    This was some Kingdom Hearts 7: Advent Children level of... stuff.
    Also, dying to Whispers Bahamut means you need to reply the whole singularity and the cutscenes cannot be skipped. Fun, lol.

No idea what to make of that ending in general. Not really a fan of whispers and the 'defying fate' motif... Hopefully they're not using this as an excuse to save Aerith.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I just cleared the game. The 3rd tier of pull-ups is the only thing I didn't clear, besides grinding out AP/that battle intel.

Yeah, Chapter 18 past the Motor Ball fight is WTF. I'm not keen on them changing key narrative points going forward. Add yes, change no.
    I'm hoping that basically everything past the end of the freeway is non-canon upon the next game starting.

Also, why the FUCK did they not have a rematch with Roche during it, I had been expecting it since the first motorcycle section.

EDIT: Also, between RE3 and FF7R: 2020, I guess shitbird is a thing again.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Regarding the ending:

There's a lot of articles and people online on the likes of Reddit speculating that the ending means they've essentially created a new timeline and the events give SE free run to do whatever they want with the sequels, meaning they can change key plot points like Aerith's death. The dialogue seemed to imply that by defeating the arbiters of fate the team could change the future.

I really hope this is not what SE intends with the sequels, as that's not a remake at all. But it's something I can live with if they do since this game has been so well put together. The original will always be there to play as is. It could be that Midgar is the only part of the game that is actually remade, and any sequels won't be labelled as such. That could mean they can make as many games as they want in the FFVII universe since each game will have a clear end.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I started chapter 18 at like midnight and just finished it nearly 3 hours later, boy that shit was relentless. I had to restart the boss fight on the freeway like 3 times before I got the gist of it, then all the other fights. Had to do Sephiroth twice. I thought this chapter would be all cutscenes or something lol.
    So Biggs lives and maybe Zack survived too? What was the 7 seconds that Sephiroth was talking about? Was it 7 secs to change an event such as saving Zack or something else?

I have to confess that I’ve not actually played the original game all the way through but I got the storyline from osmosis through the years (plus watching Advent Children and the accompanying disc that gave a synopsis of the game).

I have no idea where they’ll take the story next and I love not knowing!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I want to believe this is all jenova's doing to stay alive.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

FF7 re(cordkeeper)

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    I want to believe this is all jenova's doing to stay alive.
    Or the original was her succeeding in that.

Personally, I don't mind a diverging story. Most plot points can otherwise remain, while things involving Aeris and Sephiroth do have a narrative flexibility to them. Pragmatically, we never got to know Sephiroth enough to know that it literally couldn't have been Jenova controlling him the whole time due to cell infusion and not just a sudden case of existential crisis inducing insanity. I can understand people not being wild about a redemption/team-up or even an Aeris lives variant, but it still doesn't mean it can't be done well and possibly even the preferred outcome years from now. Heck, SE could even go the Valkyrie Profile route with a normal clear getting you the classic end, while doing it on Hard would unlock the true end. Bitches want replay value, right?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

About the ending, I’ll reiterate again that FF7-10 have always had extremely gimmicky anime tropes. I am definitely on the side that I don’t mind it at all. I mean, FF7’s major themes have always been kind of frosting or window dressing to just generic JRPG or anime shonen story telling. Aerith (for example) is a character that I really like but I can also point out that she’s always been kind of a plot device of a character that baits you into liking her. It’s a common anime trope (special female love interest character that is born with special powers, or as a special race, etc that every other character has to just fawn over).

So, whatever they do in the future, I don’t mind. To me, Chrono Cross or FF4 (for examples) were always games with more deeper and better themes. FF7 has always been extremely close to shonen, and the new stuff doesn’t change it here.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    I doubt I'll play on hard mode. Boss fights are becoming more and more bullshitty and it's making the game more annoying than fun

also, all this forced walking shit can fuck off. I get they wanna be cinematic but ugh let me run
    I have the same feeling. The thought of doing some of these bosses on hard is miserable. A lot of stupid gimmicks that the battle system isn’t good enough to handle.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Seems you can't get more than one elemental materia and here goes my plan in stocking the party with it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Seems you can't get more than one elemental materia and here goes my plan in stocking the party with it
    You get one later around the end of Ch14

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast