+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    The AI is really so bad and blocking and dodging yeah, very bad.

The whole “we are literally telling you that Aeris isn’t gonna die. Suck on it.” thing is really bugging me.
    For three days I was riding a high playing this game and having the time of my life. I hadn’t felt butterflies in my stomach playing a game like this in a while. I was willing to forgive a lot of things because the entire package was fantastic so far. Then Chapter 18 hit and all my energy and hopes evaporated in an instant. To say I hated Chapter 18 is to put it mildly at best. The writers effectively broke me when I finished Chapter 18. The game did not need that ridiculous series of end bosses nor did it need that absurd bullshit new story element. It needed to end right at the end of the highway section.

What causes me the most pain inside is that I should have seen this coming. I should have known that with Nomura directing and co-writing, who has gone on record saying he hates the story of FF7, that things would probably change for the worst. I played FF15 and I still consider it one of the worst pieces of shit I’ve ever had the displeasure of playing. It honestly should have prepped me for this.

There are clearly still some talented and competent people working at SE. However, I desperately wish some new blood would get promoted into higher ranking positions so that these projects can be ripped violently from Nomura’s hands.

once you zip off into the spiderverse to fight the giant lord zeds and sephiroth i was literally anna kendrick during the first fight in scott pilgrim

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Square has gone downhill in general since they were no longer Squaresoft. I could tell that 15 had so much more potential, lots of open world to add an MMO-feel to it etc yet a lot of it seemed wasted, and the character plots being broken down into DLC's and then they cancelled some still even.

Not to bring the shitshow in to this thread, but early FF15 production woes and then the beginning of FFXI's decline (in some peoples opinion), and FF14's launch and then relaunch all took place in a 6 year time frame ever since the changes in Square started in 2008 (splitting of corporate business and video game operations).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Okay legit how do you restore MP in hard mode? I even tried staying at an inn. Is it solely through battle regeneration? That would be the highest level of bullshit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    counterstance is fucking broken and i love it
    How many hits does it counter?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Okay legit how do you restore MP in hard mode? I even tried staying at an inn. Is it solely through battle regeneration? That would be the highest level of bullshit.
    Do you not have enough gil to buy Ethers? Sit at a bench or something.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You can't recover MP at a bench in hard mode.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Do you not have enough gil to buy Ethers? Sit at a bench or something.
    You can't use items in hard mode, and benches only recover HP.

The only way to get MP is to sleep in an inn, through battle generation, or things like MP Absorb. It's why I mentioned earlier that Magnify + Haste together with Pray is a really good combo since it gives free healing so you can spend your MP on other more important things.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

From a thread I read on Reddit.

No MP at benches has been done to make things harder but you should be able to bypass the problem in many ways. You should have at least an ability with Aerith to restore her MPs and the MP absorb materia if you have mastered all 12 magic materia. You also have a lot of choices to play and use abilities whitout consuming MP. There are also the MP up Materia so you can have lots of MP at your disposal.There are boxes everywhere to destroy and those still give you MP. You just need to think how to play efficiently managing your resources. (It is part of the challange after all)

Just like with MPs there are many ways for you to overcome the problem of not having items. Most of the materia can be purchased multiple times so there shouldn't be any issue to have more materias at your disposal to compensate the items you can't use. (Let's say you want multiple copies of healing materias on different characters so everyone can heal...it's doable)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, last fight in the final VR battle:

Spoiler: show
    How the hell do you survive Megaflare? The first time the ability saved me, but second time I'm wiped. Do you need to full time barriers?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    You can't use items in hard mode, and benches only recover HP.

The only way to get MP is to sleep in an inn, through battle generation, or things like MP Absorb. It's why I mentioned earlier that Magnify + Haste together with Pray is a really good combo since it gives free healing so you can spend your MP on other more important things.
    I slept at an inn and did not regen mp.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, resting doesn't recover it at all in Hard Mode. Basically you need to ignore magic spells, unless the mob really requires it. Instead use Elemental materia to target weakness. Make use of Pray and Chakra as much as possible for healing.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

How many hits does it counter?
    honestly cant tell. if they're in quick succession, i think multiple counters happen, but the hit is usually so hard that unless it's a boss, it stops them if they're in a chain of attacks and allows you to get usually a full punisher mode combo in, which leads to stagger, etc. on the next to last boss, i used it and beat the fucking tar out of that fight; only trash ass bahamut gave me issues since he only has maybe 3 physical attacks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Hell House on hard is retarded. Absolutely retarded. Left the chapter lol.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    honestly cant tell. if they're in quick succession, i think multiple counters happen, but the hit is usually so hard that unless it's a boss, it stops them if they're in a chain of attacks and allows you to get usually a full punisher mode combo in, which leads to stagger, etc. on the next to last boss, i used it and beat the fucking tar out of that fight; only trash ass bahamut gave me issues since he only has maybe 3 physical attacks.
    Its most powerful use is giving you an animation cancel counter which can be a life saver when you are in a very long animation that would get you punished.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I slept at an inn and did not regen mp.
    Really? Huh, never noticed. Then again, I rarely use MP that much in the first place so never paid attention to that, I just assumed it did since it makes inns absolutely useless otherwise.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Can beat the immortal bahamut but cant beat hell house on hard.

Stupid

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Re: Chp 18, im honestly fine with "defying destiny" thing cause 1: It is a remake (make something again or differently) which for me means its a completely different game.

2. The only major change probably just being an option to save Aerith, the visions they showed of it i felt were that is was now a 'moment' in flux type.

I honestly think at least 90% of everything else will be the same but just like this one expanded upon, we'll still get Weapons, we'll still give the black materia to Septhiroth, we'll still the the whole Cloud mindscape with Tifa, Zack will still be dead etc.

Onto hard mode though, really not a fan of not being able to use items in battle, they are already constrained by ATB to be used, having em disabled outside battle/benches just restoring HP are fine but making items 100% unusable in hard mode is just a shitty way of trying to make things harder imo.

Also, why the fuck was Jessie the only one not to survive the plate! Unless im missing something from the choices i made throughout the game...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ugh, got to the last stretch on hard, the same boss that wasted my time killing me on normal whooped my ass again after all the long sequences leading to it, but on hard they're even longer because of how lengthy the fights are. Not looking forward to clearing to that grind lol

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Everything about Hell House is irredeemable, imbalanced cancer. It isn't even that hard, it's just designed to be as annoying and spongey as fucking possible between its rapid weakness shifting and ridiculous movement frequency.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast