+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I just felt this was so perfect, it has minor gripes like the camera and the forced walking/slow moving thru the game but I loved it. I feel a story change coming along like others have said, I don't mind too much honestly as the original was really convoluted anyways. Something new and fresh would be nice. The combat felt so satisfying to me outside of the interrupts on spells, which I'm sure they'll iron out with the feedback.
    I agree.

This is the problem with modern SE, it’s that the fans have absurd nostalgia glasses on. I mean, I like modern SE better than modern Blizzard (for example) as SE actually still make games and Blizzard just makes loot box games (I actually think Diablo III was fine but Hearthstone was the real downfall of Blizzard). I enjoyed Hearthstone but the game is designed to waste as much of your time as possible (and anything regarding QoL changes or tournament mode or anything improving the game comes with “the technology isn’t there yet” response).

People forget that Cloud is just some regular dude that pretends and thinks he’s Zack, and then all of a sudden he’s a shonen super protagonist that was able to overpower Sephiroth just because his childhood friend got hurt.

I can go on in more depth (I already did for Aerith) but the game’s story has always been more of a theme park of fun characters rather than anything with that much deep themes. In fact, I’ll do a comparison of other characters vs Aerith in a bit later but these are just my thoughts.

nostalgia glasses lol. yes that is the issue with the last chapter, nostalgia glasses

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I mean, I agree with the "the original game is still there if you want to play it" argument, but what I thought was great about the remake is how they expanded what we already knew - this player perfectly on nostalgia while also making for a fresh experience. I felt giddy all the time during various known parts, but also while seeing the new sections. But that nice feeling was definitely not there during that last part, lol.

And another thing. It just feels like going a little overboard with what the characters can already do. Though I know that's always a problematic thing, especially if it's a series and you don't explain why the characters are weak again in at the beginning of the next game, but... It just feels like it was way too early for that ragtag bunch to be facing such great enemies so early, while in the original they were merely just starting their journey.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Are the arbiters of fate meant to be meta commentary of the player base forcing the developers to maintain the purity of the original story?

that's how i read it at first but i'm not sure if that's what they intended. would be a little strange to actively alienate the fanbase that's been waiting for this game for 20 odd years but who the hell knows with SE. i didnt really pay attention to the ending, did wedge ever show back up after the whispers yeeted him out of the shinra building? also have no clue why they had biggs live, can only assume the whispers felt compelled to save him for...reasons

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    also have no clue why they had biggs live, can only assume the whispers felt compelled to save him for...reasons
    I actually saw people interpreting it the other way - he lived because we got rid of Whispers, so them making sure he dies was reverted. Just like with Zack. Although that argument would mean that Barret should die after we destroyed them, so not sure if that theory has much ground.

i just assumed the zack shit was just some stupid westworld-esque flashback (randomly adding the whisper dome) to when zack actually died

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

But from what we can see he doesn't die. He should have been killed during that skirmish with the soldiers, instead he finishes them off and even comments "Huh? Is that all of them?" and then we see the bag flying with Stamp on it, except it's a different dog from the one we saw throughout the game, which seems to signify this as a different timeline or whatever.

i just assumed he was gonna die at some point while he was being helped away

Yeah, I figure Zack will still die, but in some different way. There's also a chance that scene with Zack living is only there to say shit isn't gonna be the same from now on. Might not even see anymore of that timeline.

Also, Cloud went through the SOLDIER process, so he's not a regular dude. He was in Nibelheim I guess, but he catches Sephiroth off guard and eventually over powers a now injured Sephiroth, which is still somewhat believable.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

SOLDIERs are showered in MAKO and injected with Jenova cells, Cloud did not go through this process until after killing Sephiroth. SOLDIERs who resist Jenova become superhuman while those who succumb to her get really sick/controlled or turn into monsters. Cloud explains this in disc 2 after being saved from the lifestream pool. He was a low class infantry soldier with no special treatment(normal dude), he failed to become a soldier and hid in shame in his return to Nibelheim. The SOLDIER's process was created to create more Sephiroths or SOLDIERs that rival him in which Cloud was a failure, but again he went through this process after magically killing Sephiroth due to plot device while he himself was injured also.

So again, what I said. Lol

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

It wasn't what you said, because you implied Cloud wasn't a normal guy when he attacked Sephiroth, but in that time he was.

I didn't. Read it again. I said I guess he was in Nibelheim

As in I guess he was a normal guy, since that was the subject that was being debated

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I can't believe ya'll aren't talking about the best line in the game:

"I know, killing it"

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    They Americanize it and kill the black man instead of the pretty white girl.
    Laughing that this literally happened lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Finished the game. I’ll get them credit I didn’t think I was playing a sequel to FF7 and Remake title totally makes sense now. Let see if they will kill Aerith now when Sephiroth mocks Cloud with 7 seconds(that how long it took to kill her).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Hard Bahamut and Pride & Joy were pretty fucking insane. That was a 50 minute VR sim fight.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

A general tip for end game: if the mob doesn't resist sleep, you can use Bad Breath to interrupt their abilities. This actually allowed me to cheese the rest of Marlboro fight after I learned it, could stop any of his later breaths.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I thought Marlboro was gonna be in the ??? fight so I didn't have enemy skill on when I beat him so now I have to fucking do it again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast