+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'm not not excited, I just think there's a million and one directions they can go so I just want to see what happens next. The time travel shit can be over and done with, or they can keep revisiting the whispers once in awhile.

They got it out of the way and questionably wrote themselves an out for making an original sequence of events to tell the story of ff7. I just wanna see where it goes before I firmly say "yeah they shouldn't have done all this".

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Infini View Post
    It ultimately depends on execution: if done craptacularly we end up with a shit tier butcher job, if done expertly we end up with a masterpiece execution similar to "Legacy of Kain". It also a good way of not invalidating the original story with a remake when adding new thing's as it keeps lore from not just the original game but the other spinoffs and Crisis Core too. That said I think they will do a good job because this is FF7 were talking about, they wont screw up on something this big as it's the game that really put them on the map outside of Japan
    Genesis would like to say hello and don't forget about Dirge of Cerberus. Unless you were meaning specifically JUST FF7 and not the whole entire compilation of shit

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

SPOILERS Final Fantasy 7 Remake SPOILER THREAD - CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT

They went out of their way to specifically mention the G and S projects so Genesis in future installments, whether through flashbacks or some other type of influence, could very well be on the table.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Technically the G project came from angeal's mother, gillian. So they could gloss over genesis and just ignore gackt but keep angeal.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    Genesis would like to say hello and don't forget about Dirge of Cerberus. Unless you were meaning specifically JUST FF7 and not the whole entire compilation of shit
    I want to forget about those two so badly.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think we’re safe from Genesis since doesn’t...Gackt own his likeness or something?

But that doesn’t save us from Nero and Weiss, or the other deepground dipshits.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Have I espoused my "Sephiroth is the good guy now" theory here? Now that he knows the future he's pissed at fate for manipulating him into going crazy and ruining his life, so that's why he's so intent on defying destiny. Aerith, on the other hand, is terrified of self-determination and will do anything to keep the same sequence of events - including her own death and those of everyone else who dies as a result of the FF7 story.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Have I espoused my "Sephiroth is the good guy now" theory here? Now that he knows the future he's pissed at fate for manipulating him into going crazy and ruining his life, so that's why he's so intent on defying destiny. Aerith, on the other hand, is terrified of self-determination and will do anything to keep the same sequence of events - including her own death and those of everyone else who dies as a result of the FF7 story.
    I don’t think you would be too far off. The real baddie was always jenova, who we know almost nothing about other than it being an alien who crashed on the planet.

The scene at the end them in space leads me to believe (or hope) that they will flesh out jenovas back story. And that’s why seph was asking for clouds hand so they can team up to take out jenova for good.

It’s not unheard of, very similar story in chrono trigger where you could recruit magus to your party at the end, but I don’t know how cloud or tifa could get past seph burning down nibelheim. I doubt SE would just rip off chrono trigger though.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If Aerith wanted to keep things the same, she wouldn't have fought against the whispers. Right?

BG Level

It could be that it's a slow burn; now that she's done it she regrets it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I finally pushed through and beat the game and clocked in at 44ish hrs. Game ended up feeling like a sequel instead of a retelling. I read that Nomura and co. don't plan on changing too much in the subsequent games so that does give me pause on why they decided to include the whispers and AC Sephiroth fuckery in the first place. However, destiny being altered aside, the party still needs to hit most of the same story beats anyway to stop their own existing Sephiroth but with the added task of killing another Sephiroth too.

I'm fine with the direction they seem to be going but I'm also skeptical they'll pull it off without diving into KH hell. At the very least, I want things to be explained within the future games and not require us to get answers from the Ultimania. We're already at the point where not playing the other games/movie in the FFVII compilation will cause you to miss some references but hopefully they keep it an easter egg level if they don't plan on expanding on it. Like, Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo are technically hinted at ingame but you got to be a fucking lore snob to piece it together right away. I'm of the opinion that most of the head scratching threads will eventually be explained so it all makes sense so I'm not that flummoxed we got left with way more questions than the OG game.

One thing this game did do is make me want a FFVII prequel where we play during the time the Cetra were abundant like in that video presentation in the Shinra tower.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

FF during the time of the Cetra would be pretty cool, actually.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

To be honest the only issue with the "Sephiroth is the good guy" theme is that in order for that to happen besides a damn good way of needing to address the Nibelheim issue that involves the 3 major characters someone has to take his place as the main antagonist and while that could be Jenova of course, Jenova is essentially an eldritch abomination and never really talks as such and would hardly make the same impact UNLESS of course it were to facilitate the rise of another in a new sequence of events which IMO the only other person I could think of is Hojo since pretty much EVERYTHING that happens in all games is one way or another a result of his machinations. Would take a hell of an execution similar to what they did with Kefka to pull it off tho without it becoming cheap. We do get a hint of this in that when Sephiroth decides to chad walk by Palmer WAY sooner that he's meant to encounter him he goes blabbing about it and making Hojo aware of it but it ends up making the party catch up to him and encountering directly much sooner as well and we end up on a merry tour of his house of horrors to boot instead of the jail sequence.

BG Level

I do want to qualify every theory I've posted here so far by adding that my huge, overarching, level 10 theory of the whole game is...

Absolutely nothing is going to change and the additions here were to create buzz and find a way to fit a Sephiroth fight into the first part of the game.

But it's fun to pretend.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

SPOILERS Final Fantasy 7 Remake SPOILER THREAD - CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT

I do want to qualify every theory I've posted here so far by adding that my huge, overarching, level 10 theory of the whole game is...

Absolutely nothing is going to change and the additions here were to create buzz and find a way to fit a Sephiroth fight into the first part of the game.

But it's fun to pretend.

Absolutely.

The whispers and all of 18.5 are going to seem even more dumb when it becomes apparent it was all just added nonsense to pad the game and force a Sephiroth final boss battle.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

but hey the new one winged angel slaps right

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    but hey the new one winged angel slaps right
    ehhh... The Jenova theme was better

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Absolutely.

The whispers and all of 18.5 are going to seem even more dumb when it becomes apparent it was all just added nonsense to pad the game and force a Sephiroth final boss battle.
    Bro we're gonna get a Sephiroth final battle in every installment. Just accept it.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Bro we're gonna get a Sephiroth final battle in every installment. Just accept it.
    I'm still on the boat that we will get a mind controlled Cloud final boss in Part 2 or 3 (if there are 4 games).

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Maybe. And then when you beat him

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    I want to forget about those two so badly.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think we’re safe from Genesis since doesn’t...Gackt own his likeness or something?

But that doesn’t save us from Nero and Weiss, or the other deepground dipshits.
    Nope we're not safe of Genesis, Hojo mentions S-cells and G-cells in one cut scene which one can assume Sephiroth and Genesis. So, get ready for Neo-Genesis Mk.II, on a motorcycle rails hack and slash endless corrodor boss battle that the pace is tied to the game and not the player's ability.