+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

"G" Cells refer to "Gillian" (Angeal's mother), not Genesis cells, actually.

I made that same mistake too when I was chatting with someone and going "GOD DAMN IT NO".

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I may be misremembering, but wasn't Genesis there at the start of the Nibelheim mission with Cloud, Zack, and Sephiroth before he left to do whatever?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I may be misremembering, but wasn't Genesis there at the start of the Nibelheim mission with Cloud, Zack, and Sephiroth before he left to do whatever?
    Pretty sure he left looooooooong before then

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

He was there in spirit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So I finally got around to beating the game. Got distracted by other things. Overall, I loved it. More a fan of the story/characters than anything, but the combat was good except for when I felt like I was bad because the shit just fucks you over. Fighting the Sahagin Prince as Tifa sucked because as soon as she went in, she got hit back. Like 5% of the time in the Rufus fight was safe to attack, otherwise he has a rock solid counter/repel move, that was all frustrating to deal with but I imagine a chunk of that is me being bad.

I loved how all the characters were represented. They were all better than how I originally envisioned them with more lines and good voice acting.

I don't hate the change in story. Would have been boring and predictable to do a full copy, and this has led to pages of speculation here about a 23 year old game, so I think it's done a good job revitalizing things. I don't think Seph is going to be a "good guy". I don't think Aerith is going to be trying to keep things how it should be, but may use that motivation at some point. I just don't think she's planning on trying to keep everything the same right now. I foresee her needing to die to "contain" Seph's will in some capacity from within the lifestream and understand she's the only one who can do it.

Not sure how much hard mode I'll do, but I did start a run, so we'll see. I was an idiot and didn't use ATB Assist on Tifa before, so certainly gonna level and play with that some more. I also missed a couple weapons and didn't get Bahamut, so I have a few things to play with if I want to.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I finally finished out the last 3 chapters over the weekend. I had a co-worker tell me the last 3 chapters went "quick", so i was taken aback when it took like 3 nights of 3 hours each to finish it out. BATTLES TAKE FOREVER SOMETIMES. Me dying 5 times on the motorcycle boss fight didn't help I'm sure.

I enjoyed it greatly, I'm not against some of the things they've done, but we'll see how it goes as they release more installments.

1. I dug #2 being the Sephiroth in Sector 0. It'd be interesting if they continued this until you get to the crater at the end of the game.
    2. It does seem there's some potential time loop shenanigans going on. That's from my interpretation with the conversation with Sephiroth at the edge of creation.
    3. It was interesting to see Zack. I didn't play Crisis Core, but perhaps we'll get a little more information about his relationship with Cloud.
    4. The whispers seem to provide a mulligan for character deaths. I'm not sure if they'll be attempting to keep Aerith alive this time around or not. The flashes of alternate scenes during the "darkside/arbiter of fate" fight at the end could be seen as a way to reset or replace the original story's events with their own additions/changes.

That's all my brain remembered for now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The whole premise is the final fight with the whispers (pre-Seph final fight) is that you remove them from the game. So there will not be any more shenanigans from them, but also we're not tied to the events of the original game. So deaths can change.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh, I didn't pick on the fact that the whispers were not around after that.

Also, the cutscene in Sector 0 about the Ancients was amazing and a good setup for another MMO :D

I was literally thinking it would have made a good ad campaign for the game leading up to launch.