+ Reply to Thread
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Conspiracy Theory or Crazy Truth?

Im not one to believe all the wild craziness I read online but a friend recently forwarded me a video insisting that it is the honest truth. What say you BG?

I used my VERY limited searching skills to see if there was a thread on BG dedicated to this topic and was unable to find any.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Conspiracy theories can be very dangerous. There are reports out of the UK that people are urning down 5G towers because they believe that 5G causes / spreads the coronavirus...

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Conspiracy theories can be very dangerous. There are reports out of the UK that people are urning down 5G towers because they believe that 5G causes / spreads the coronavirus...
    I saw that story as well. Things get out of hand pretty quick when ppl believe everything they read.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

At the end of the day, while history is full of rich people doing shady shit, I just can’t buy it until it is fully exposed. I may infer the t and theorize it, but I never believe them unless there’s real proof.

I truly believe mankind hasn’t changed, just our technology. And we are doomed to repeat ourselves in all types of ways leading to a lot of coincidences seeming to be something more than they really are.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Whenever I hear stories like this, I always wonder what the person who started the story thinks. Like, is it someone who's laughing that people took the joke seriously, is it someone who suggested it and is now keeping their mouth shut since people took it to far, is it tin foil hat person who's happy about it?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Someone want to tl;dr the theory for laffs or should we just delete this because it is probably dangerous misinformation that will lead people to drink bleach or some shit?

I can't bring myself to spend time watching the video to decide. Anything that leads with "one weird COVID-19 trick the deep state doesn't want you to know about from the guy who invented email" is just pure pain.

But all video news sucks. Fuck Facebook and their video analytics debacle. Unfortunately, crap like that has a much larger impact on society than all the centrally planned schemes in the world.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

I am having a daily dose of conspiracy theories from my boss and my coworkers. Early on I was discussing but nowadays I just nod and toss random "I guess." or similar to end the conversation.

The last one was related to Coronavirus being spread by aircraft work disguised as meteorological observation flights . They claim that in the age of satellites meteo flights are not needed. As a pilot I could immediately point out the inconsistencies in the theory but eh, they just want to believe.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I clicked on a random moment in the video and the guy was talking how HIV is harmless, it only killed so many gays because they have 1500 partners and use drugs.

Not really interested in hearing anything else, thanks.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    I clicked on a random moment in the video and the guy was talking how HIV is harmless, it only killed so many gays because they have 1500 partners and use drugs.

Not really interested in hearing anything else, thanks.

I didn’t really understand what he was saying there. He insists that HIV is not the cause for AIDS? I’m no doctor but I thought this was already a widely accepted fact in the medical community. Also, does being the inventor of email make you qualified to discuss medical issues of this magnitude? I wonder what makes these types of videos so believable to so many people.

I guess my issue is this; I don’t want to me a gullible person that believes everything the government is telling me. I’m certain that any large group in power wants exactly this. Believe what I say because I said it. I want to discern for myself. On the other hand, I don’t want to walk around with a tin foil hat on thinking that EVERYTHING is conspiracy. I guess a happy middle ground is the best place to be. /shrug

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nayaminfenrir View Post
    I didn’t really understand what he was saying there. He insists that HIV is not the cause for AIDS? I’m no doctor but I thought this was already a widely accepted fact in the medical community. Also, does being the inventor of email make you qualified to discuss medical issues of this magnitude? I wonder what makes these types of videos so believable to so many people.

I guess my issue is this; I don’t want to me a gullible person that believes everything the government is telling me. I’m certain that any large group in power wants exactly this. Believe what I say because I said it. I want to discern for myself. On the other hand, I don’t want to walk around with a tin foil hat on thinking that EVERYTHING is conspiracy. I guess a happy middle ground is the best place to be. /shrug
    You need to weigh whatever conspiracy you are hearing by its likelihood independent of anything else you are hearing.

The late 20th century conservative take that government is too incompetent to run (insert service here) might not be completely correct (or may be a self-fulfilling prophecy), but it at least isn't too far off the truth in the US. Humans are messy and their business is convoluted. It is hard to effectively administrate anything, particularly when bureaucratic capacity is constantly being undercut.

So it strains credibility when someone claims that our government did something complicated. Dipshits can't even use the tools available to them with three months notice. If there is one thing I have faith in, it is the utter incapability of this particular administration being able to execute any kind of conspiracy. If Trump steals the election in 2020, he will announce it in his victory speech for sure.