1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

One thing I completely missed but just saw a topic on Reddit: we can use G'raha as a trust now, he already comes leveled to 80, can be any role: as a tank he's better than Thancred because he doesn't need Ryne in pt, as a healer he's a whm that will actually use Holy quite a lot and as a dps he's a blm that will use T2 and Foul - so finally some good aoe options (although, from what I read aoes from trusts is just the same damage as single skills split between enemies?)

And on another note. There's soo much technical flexing this patch, so many new animations and possibilities for the future. Let's just ignore the low res model for G'raha

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Spoiler: show
    If the hand wave doesn’t give away that it was Emmet Selch, Y’shtola later tells you straight up that it was him.
    It came up before that as well, Hythlodaeus mentioned the 14th crystal was created in secret by a fried of Azem, which would point to Emet-Selch too.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I need a gif of sliding Alisaie

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    I need a gif of sliding Alisaie

Have the whole collection fam

BG doesn't appear to like mp4..

https://i.imgur.com/f22fEXc.mp4

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Just the last of the unsundered are gone, there's still plenty of Ascian's about. Heck, the one that turned the 13th shard into the void wasn't even one of the unsundered.
    To be fair though, the only Ascians left are all sundered beings, Ironically since "us" and Graha are rejoined 8 times thanks to events of Shadowbringers we would be be more complete than any other being in existence now that "Lahabrea, Elidibus and Emet have left the star". If Fanboydiel is all that's left he might be an annoyance or mild threat at this point but the only real challenger left is well Zenos *Insert pic of wol approaching under "Ah Shit here we go again". Honestly unless they do something good with him were gonna be as bored dealing with him as he is challenging everyone else around him at this rate.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post

Have the whole collection fam

BG doesn't appear to like mp4..

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Actually, here are a bunch of gifs I just found on tumblr

Story Spoilers just in case for anyone not finished 5.3

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I hope they know how much we goddamn appreciate the work they're putting in on these animations.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Y'shtola strokin' the staff oh baby

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The shift to using more mocap rather hand animating everything really does show in the fluditiy of the characters animations rather being stiff presets that are just slight alterations of emotes and PC actions for a lot of it all.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I really like that guy’s YouTube channel, he picks out stuff in a lot of compositions I never noticed before.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, he popped up randomly for me once and I really enjoyed his passion and the way he analyses the music

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I haven't seen it personally but there is apparently an easter egg during the Heroes Gauntlet dungeon...
    One of the summoned Warriors of Light is Hildibrand

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I really like that guy’s YouTube channel, he picks out stuff in a lot of compositions I never noticed before.
    He just did a collab with Husky by the Geek:

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I haven't seen it personally but there is apparently an easter egg during the Heroes Gauntlet dungeon...
    One of the summoned Warriors of Light is Hildibrand
    Can confirm. Saw him myself last night in the final area right before the last boss and here's a stolen reddit pic with the map to let you know where he is

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Does anyone have a full list of all the individual materials I'll need for the new crafting and gathering sets?

Or, should I even bother? I don't really do endgame crafting or raiding. Should I just save my tomes and get the new 5.4 tome set? Is there even usually a X.4 tome set???
    Don't bother then, 5.4~5.5 should ship with new currency set I assume (5.4 left side, 5.5 right side). Just sell your tomes and such. Otherwise, wait 15~ weeks or so and prices should've dropped mega low. Assuming 5.4 ships around before December on account of delay due to current world event going on IRL.

I just done the MSQ, and I feel really happy with how it all played out. Definitely very strong on the storytelling front. Definitely got emotional at various points.

The nier stuff, while still cool, is really weak still compared to 4.x and its Ivalice stuff. There just doesn't seem to be much story telling compared to that, besides a couple of clowns toying with stuff far beyond them. Ivalice gave us that airship with a lot of characters and dialogue.

Though it does introduce us the collections, it's just a glorified menu/text book at this point.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I can't with the nier raid, there is nothing to it, feels hollow. Shit just happens for fanservice and with little context.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I really like the music in the Nier raids but that’s about it. I would probably have more enjoyment if I had played Nier. But alas. These are the risks you take when doing crossovers.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I feel like they had the opportunity to make it interesting especially if they coined it as some sort of sequel to Nier: Automata

I suspect due to a lot of restrictions Yoko Taro was just not allowed to do as much as he wanted to, resulting in a somewhat bland story. But he signed up to this so I guess he has contractually carry it through.

Anyways, the inclusion of nier music is nice but definitely confusing:

Copied Factory - Boss 1 and 2: Use of "Song of the Ancients - Atonement" is absolutely confusing here and does not make sense at all. For none Nier players it's actually OK, but really this song and all of its variants should be reserved the twins Popola and Devola, 2 very important characters to the original story and somewhat important in Automata, so the fact it is used here with absolutely no relation to them is slightly perplexing for me.

Copied Factory - Boss 3 - boss was ripped straight from original game, and its accompanying music. This is fine and perfect.

Puppet's Bunker - Boss 2 - same track as Boss 3 of factory. Fitting I guess, but didn't expect it to be reused.
    Puppet's Bunker - Boss 3 - track is the battle track for Adam and Eve. Using it for this fight, while very welcome for me (it's a banging tune!) is confusing, but given the follow up boss which is suspiciously similar to the mentioned characters in how they were born/formed, might be a little bit of foreshadowing.
    Puppet's Bunker - Boss 4 - once again another original track fusion of FF and Nier, but the original Nier game, surprisingly. A fusion of "Torn from the Heavens" and "The Dark Colossus Destroys All" - I have no idea why they decided to pluck from the original Nier; I get they needed something epic and last boss sounding like fit for an end raid boss, but I would really love to understand the sound decision here.

Besides the last boss tracks, all other tracks are plucked from the OST, I do not understand why maybe don't pluck more, like how Ivalice Raid 2 and 3 had different boss themes for all if I recall correctly (besides the first 2 bosses in 2). Not a tactics or FF12 player, but I understand some tracks were plucked there too. Mustardio was surprisingly good and it was 100% untouched.

Oh well, a bit obsessed over it, as i feel the music can carry a boring battle as well. Hope they use voices again for Nier 3 just as Ivalice 1 (last boss), Ivalice 2 (last boss) and Ivalice 3 (all bosses) did.

The best has yet to come though:

There are 3 variants this track, one as it is, and 2 with robot chants that can up the intensity of a fight.

I personally don't like this one, but if I don't mention it I feel like I might get jumped on, so here we are XD

A very tense and nice track, also induces a feeling of hopelessness at least in the original game, as it plays when you're fighting increasingly overwhelming enemy forces.
    There is a quiet portion to this track too which guess they will snip it out as it's not battle worthy, but plays during a pivotal moment.

Oh well.

The boss music for 5.3 is absolutely great though. I really liked the The Tempest zone's tracks so the fact they turned it into a vocal mix made it all that incredible!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast