1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Stig
    Spoiler: show
    Do we have any basis for the P model that we were initially introduced to? From what's happened so far, I'm assuming 2B is the actual protagonist, and that 9S was only at odds with us because we were helping 2P at the time

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So... where is the Nier Mount from? Is it just a random final drop from the 24 man?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

that's likely from Bozja, not Nier

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

People are guessing it's a reward from the 1 v 1 showdown

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I can't with the nier raid, there is nothing to it, feels hollow. Shit just happens for fanservice and with little context.
    I used to use ally to gear alt jobs, but ever since they started the whole "Upgrade crafted DoM/W gear +10 iLvl w/ tomes" stuff in Stormblood, it's just absolutely killed my desire to do current-alliance content in general.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Stig
    Do we have any basis for the P model that we were initially introduced to? From what's happened so far, I'm assuming 2B is the actual protagonist, and that 9S was only at odds with us because we were helping 2P at the time
    Bingo, we should see 2B and 9S time / cutscene / dialogue next patch hopefully where 9S will likely do all the info dump, given that is his role. As for 2P, even I'm not very sure but we can only speculate based on available data:

Machine Report 1&2 suggests they are building a private network, and also evolving to incorporate whatever data is within reach, which would be YoRHa units/models. So with this incorporated, they build better models than the old robots to fight back against YoRHa (2B even suggests this herself after the raid when asked).

Saved Machine Lifeform Data 1-4 suggests this could be the original 2P based on the fact that the 2P Compound boss as a reproduce move?

White-Garbed YoRHa Unit's Data Log says that Unit 21O (Operator) was discovered in the bunker; this was used as the setting for the 3rd boss. Possibly that the machine lifeforms obtained this and its memories to then start amassing their own version of YoRHa (white) units

Some lore fanatics speculate that this storyline is based off Ending C, D and/or E from NieR Automata, but that only makes some sense. While it seems like 2B is aware of partially what's going on, something else happened in between of course. Additionally, the bunker was destroyed at the start of Route C in Automata (A and B lead on to Route C), so there was no way for it to remain largely intact upon landing in Eorzea. That is unless somewhere in between the machine lifeforms replicated it, the Copied Factory isn't the only thing they have copied afterall, for there is an area in Automata called Copied City.

2B did say she was damaged in battle against the machine, so 9S arrived first, 2B caught up to us by following explosions. Presumably, the pair were in a battle which brought the bunker down.

One more thing, the pods are more intelligent than this and like all things NieR every character is probably withholding an incredible amount of information. Given the vessel which is a MMORPG that we are on where only a small % of the playerbase is exposed to NieR I'm afraid that whatever reasoning for all this to happen that gets told to us would be significantly dumbed down or cliched.

But really I don't know, it could be all just rubbish in its own way. These are my casual none serious speculations. I'm enjoying it even if it is rather tame, and I like most of the gear because I like black stuff in general (the samurai hat though wtf?! it doesn't fit/work that well). We'll find out in 10 months if they introduce the rest of the characters, or they might simply leave it at these 2 and maybe add Yoko Taro's mascot "Emil" into the story somehow.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

5.31 officially announced to launch on Tuesday, September 8th. More housing will be made available. Titles and achievements will be available for top participants in Ishgard restoration. No date for 5.35 but it’s looking to be early October now.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The titles will be the same as last season. I'm just not gonna bother this time then.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I spent all this time gearing up my main and now I just find out its kinda not worth uuuuugh.

Could still do this on the alt but do I really want to spend the next week melding gear?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don’t care about Ishgard restoration so I’m gonna let my sub lapse until 5.35.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

5.35 weapons:
    https://www.millenium.gg/news/20199.html#video198417
    Must say the glow is pretty pleasing on most for such an early stage

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

it's cOLD in here.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not sure where to put his, but the VA who played Honoroit passed away.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...wva-story.html

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

BLU cap being raised to 70
    New BLU spells and exclusive gear
    Triple Triad rules revamp for certain NPCs and new tournaments added
    Dungeon explorer mode added for SHB dungeons so you can go in and gpose, will be able to LB3 as well
    5.4 confirmed for early December, 5.41 for January
    Hrothgar and Viera can now wear certain hairstyles and headgear they previously could not
    Automatic materia melding will be added
    PS5 compatibility confirmed

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

5.4 will be titled “Futures Rewritten”
    New dungeon “Matoya’s Relict”
    New Sorrows of Werlyt trial battle against Emerald Weapon
    New Eden tier “Eden’s Promise”
    Additional Bozja instance added, normal version will be 24 players with no role requirement. Savage version will be 48 players and must be premade.
    New treasure map dungeon will be added
    New Unreal trial will be released, no word yet which one it will be

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Fan Fest Europe has also been cancelled. That makes all three. A different event will be hosted in February 2021 where new information will be released, this will follow with a 14 hour stream.

It’s probably gonna be the 6.0 expansion announcement.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

PS5 compatibility confirmed
    Time to buy a PS5 then for me lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

To clarify it is not PS5 optimized. It’s backwards compatible PS4 emulation. PS5 optimization may come later.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast