1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Did Castrum last night and had a big laugh at how
    Spoiler: show
    YoshiP knows damn well enough to not open that can of worms by even remotely teasing a female Hrothgar, given how loud and annoying his game's dress-up doll obsessed playerbase is. I figure it'd be some Shiva-style bs where the summon takes after the form of the person wielding it, hence the matching beauty mark.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Some hot fixes to Bozja in last night’s mini update. They patched mobs attacking other people while chasing after the initial person who got aggro. It was needed but I kinda wish it stayed. Reminded me a lot of FFXI trains haha

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Some hot fixes to Bozja in last night’s mini update. They patched mobs attacking other people while chasing after the initial person who got aggro. It was needed but I kinda wish it stayed. Reminded me a lot of FFXI trains haha
    What a shame, I noticed that happening and it felt fun to me; didn't think it was a bug and thought it was mobs being clever

I currently hate people aggroing mobs on the way to fate and then expecting someone there to help them. Mate I'm a solo tank in a quiet instance/fate tanking 2-3 mobs right now in the fate and you want me to provoke that 4 star off you? lol - it's fine if there's multiple people in the fate all AoEing everything down as they get caught in the crossfire and die fast, but not so fine if I'm the only one there managing myself.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    What a shame, I noticed that happening and it felt fun to me; didn't think it was a bug and thought it was mobs being clever

I currently hate people aggroing mobs on the way to fate and then expecting someone there to help them. Mate I'm a solo tank in a quiet instance/fate tanking 2-3 mobs right now in the fate and you want me to provoke that 4 star off you? lol - it's fine if there's multiple people in the fate all AoEing everything down as they get caught in the crossfire and die fast, but not so fine if I'm the only one there managing myself.
    This, really, I've been going healer to switch things up, and the sheer amount of times I toss a cure and/or target someones add, only to have them keep flailing on the primary objective and leaving me to deal with their add. </nerdrage>

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's no different to outside of the instance really but at this point in the game they should realise that outside mobs are significant pushovers whereas stuff here can mess your day up if uncontrolled. There's good and bad days of course, the good days are when people notice I'm helping and then we work together to crush the none fate mob before moving back to the original, that's good.

It felt better in Eureka since everything was a boss mob, so people hung around and waited for the train and actually have time to help you with aggro.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Housing demolition timer resumes with 5.4 launch. If you have entered your house at any time since the demolition timer was suspended back in March, your 45 day countdown will begin when 5.4 drops. If you have not entered your house since the timed suspension began, your countdown will resume wherever it left off when 5.4 drops. When your timer reaches ten days to destruction, SE will email you a reminder.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Live letter part 2 will be on Nov 27th. Which probably means 5.4 drops on Dec 8th.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I really don't need a new raid tier drop right before the Xmas/New Years holidays and static scheduling becomes a mess.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

No time is ever convenient for a raid tier.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

So bit late doing the Resistance stuff - do people just not do Castrum anymore? Never seen more then an dozen people sign up even as other CE's go 48/48 at the same time.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

at least on Aether it has been pretty dead when I've been working on hitting 15 the last 1-2 weeks, though I play in EU time

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

There is actually no reason to do the content, your level matters nothing and the best way to farm your weapon is doing old content rather current content so people have just abandoned it which was to be expected.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I got my clear for story purposes and didn’t really go back. I hated losing mettle when dying (and I died a bit in Castrum) so I stopped doing it. I’m max rank now so I could do it without fear of losing mettle, but as you have seen it’s not as popular anymore after the initial wave. It might pick up again in 5.4, we’ll see.

I spent my gil buying all the upgrade items instead. It took me 15mil or so at the time, much better to me than grinding Castrum. Once I got all my solo duel clears I didn't go into Bozja anymore.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I thought it was still the best way to get armor and its upgrades and a few rare drops besides.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

And while I'm on the complain train, I feel like the duels should prioritize people who haven't already cleared. Must have queued at least a dozen times - like half with priority - to these thing and haven't fought a one and no achievements were in evidence in any of the clears I saw.

Gabriel is just plain luck, gotta hope for spawning the CE in a locked instance. The other two is not too bad, try to spawn the CE when castrum is happening, people suck at dodging so the chance of getting in the other two, is not impossible (still need some luck tho).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9