Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Need a microphone (not a headset) for mostly discord but who knows. Condenser or no?

This is almost purely for voice chat.

I see a ton of recommendations for Blue Yetis, Snowballs, Samsons, AT's, and while I don't mind spending $100 or more on an investment I'll use for years and years I don't know if I really want to deal with the background noise condensers pickup. I have a toddler, I don't have a quiet room, I have a mechanical keyboard (currently reds with dampeners though but soon a topre), but I at least use push to talk... For now anyway. Dynamics seem like a better option for me or a mod mic, but the prices of pretty much everything has skyrocketed during quarantine thanks to working from home and zoom or everything is backordered. Since the prices have jumped it makes things I'd never consider now an option. I also realized I have a Shure SM58 (I think) in my closet from my younger days as well as a real mic stage stand and the cables but no way to connect it to my PC.

Should I take advantage of the Shure I have sitting around? I'd have to invest in connecting it to my PC and possibly a desktop boom which I'd probably need if I went condenser anyway, the stand might work for now though but it would be ridiculous. Should I get one of the cheaper condensers and work on blocking out keyboard and background noise? Or Should I just overpay for a mod mic to attach to my HD650's? I've been using a Zalman clip on for a while as a comparison and I'm over clip ons. The only caveat is I maaaaaaaaaaaaay start recording vocals again in the future with or without guitar and piano but I've also said that for 15-18 years. Let's say less than 5% chance and there won't ever be streaming.

Anyone got any suggestions? I could probably set up the Shure with a berhinger interface for 50-75 probably, but at that point I might as well do something else right? Same with mod mics they are like 50+ now.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Also, keep in mind that this exists now.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Welp.

That changes things.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

There is also built in noise removal in discord.
    Go into the voice and video options and scroll down until you find Noise Suppression Beta - Krisp, and switch that on, its a similar level to RTX voice.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Got a GTX 1080 this app works amazing. My friend is using it too and his girlfriend likes to have the TV loud. Can rarely hear the TV with this enabled. Thanks for the suggestion!

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hey I installed RTX Voice today and it's hot. completely eliminated keyboard clicks from my mechanical keyboard during work calls. amazing