Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Trying to build a site that pulls data from multiple APIs

Hi all,

I've been working on a project for a while in my off time where I'm trying to pull data from multiple APIs and display it in parallel in a table.

I was wondering if anyone has some insight on either a tool or a tutorial that would make this easier than coding it from scratch.

One of the APIs will not respond to AJAX queries, I hit this bump and then haven't worked on it much since.

I am able to pull most of my data into a google sheet using importxml and importjson(custom appscript function) combined with xpath queries.

What I need the sight to do:
    Have fields for user input.
    Concatenate user input fields into several different API calls.
    Parse xml and json output from those API calls from specific elements and attributes into parallel rows in a table.

I have been working with Google sheets to accomplish this however Google sheets has a query limit that is pretty restrictive, so I had to implement logic that loads cells consecutively, it basically checks if the cell above it is loaded, if not then it waits. Every consecutive cell checks the cell before it. This makes things slow, but also forces the sheet to wait through Google sheet's query limit resetting, rather than erroring out without pulling in data.

Having a site that does this instead would allow this data to load in real time rather than having to wait. I have built many tools from google sheets and my workflow is largely dependent on how their query limit functions from day to day.

As a bonus finishing this project would allow me to prove I'm capable of front end development and someone might pay me a real salary for the work I'm already doing

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

If you're looking into integration services there's a bunch that exists already but it depends on what you want to integrate and they usually have their own storage services if you don't use an external database to store your stuff.

Zapier can usually do this kind of stuff easily and has a free tier: https://zapier.com/how-it-works

If you're too poor you can always try https://ifttt.com/

If you have too much money then I guess you could try Microsoft BizTalk.