+ Reply to Thread

Untitled [Taika Waititi] Star Wars Film

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/...099441664?s=20

Academy Award® winner Taika Waititi, who recently won Best Adapted Screenplay for Jojo Rabbit and directed the widely-acclaimed first season finale episode of The Mandalorian on Disney+, will direct and co-write a new Star Wars feature film for theatrical release.

Joining Waititi on the screenplay will be Academy Award® nominee Krysty Wilson-Cairns (1917, Last Night in Soho), who received a BAFTA Award for Outstanding British Film of the Year on the three-time Oscar-winning film, 1917.

In addition, Emmy®-nominated writer Leslye Headland (Russian Doll, Bachelorette) is currently developing a new untitled Star Wars series for Disney+. Headland will write, executive produce, and serve as showrunner for the series, which adds to a growing list of Star Wars stories for Disney’s streaming platform including The Mandalorian, now in post-production on Season Two, and two other previously announced series: one based on Cassian Andor’s life prior to the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and another following the adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi between Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: A New Hope.

Release dates for both Waititi’s and Headland’s projects have not yet been announced.

Not a whole lot of info, but hell yes

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

My body is ready !

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Location Scouting & Early Production Filming to Begin in December in Scotland
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...movie-22855756

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

There's a Script and a Story, No Other Updates
    https://www.wired.co.uk/article/taika-waititi-free-guy

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

In Taika we trust

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://deadline.com/2022/06/taika-w...ie-1235046441/

Sounds like it will take place outside of the Skywalker saga.

The director warned as much in a recent interview with Total Film saying, “Look, I think for the Star Wars universe to expand, it has to expand. I don’t think that I’m any use in the Star Wars universe making a film where everyone’s like, ‘Oh great, well that’s the blueprints to the Millennium Falcon, ah that’s Chewbacca’s grandmother.’ That all stands alone.”

The director, who will next bring us Thor: Love and Thunder, went on to say, “I would like to take something new and create some new characters and just expand the world, otherwise it feels like it’s a very small story.”

Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy has already said “that we were drawing to a close on the saga that George [Lucas] had created and that we were moving into the future of storytelling in the Star Wars universe.”

“I hesitate to use the word trilogies anymore because Star Wars is much more about persistent storytelling,” Kennedy said.

As for the film solar system in the burgeoning Star Wars universe, “We have a road map,” Kennedy said, and “I would say that Taika’s story fits more specifically into that.”

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Oh NOW they have a road map. That would have been helpful before starting the sequel trilogy.