Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Swiping left on God     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

pretty firmly in the boat of not really caring if there is an almighty existential being.

generally atheists and people who know that there is no god have strong opinions in the political spectrums. they don't realize it's just another page of the same scam book.

gotta be big brain to realize stuff like this

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    Epicurean Paradox
    That's pmuch how I reached where I am. Though I didn't find out about Epicurus until the mid 2000's when google search and wikipedia hit full swing. The trilemma was much better phrased than my thoughts in the decade before that, lol.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I do know Mormons are hilarious though.
    the weirdest wedding ive ever been to was a mormon wedding.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    pretty firmly in the boat of not really caring if there is an almighty existential being.

generally atheists and people who know that there is no god have strong opinions in the political spectrums. they don't realize it's just another page of the same scam book.

gotta be big brain to realize stuff like this
    I do vote, because I understand that no single human will ever be able to achieve what the collective is capable of. I will concede your point that most political environments are propaganda means of control. I do believe that the collective requires a means of control however, i just don't agree that that controls purpose should be aimed at bailing out banks, and building gigantic war machines.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    Rora lowkey the darkest member of BG this is grim brother
    yeah sorry, i drank some alcohol last night

i'll have you know that i actually sunburn quite easily

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

i was raised going to church but i have no idea what kind of christian i am (was). never asked parents about it or looked into it

my mom was very religious, and still practices here and there, but all i remember is the day of my grandmothers funeral when i was 16, my mom looked at me and said “there is no god”

and that was the end for me

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

for the most part i embraced absurdity as my go-to philosophy after reading the stranger in high school and it hasn’t failed me yet

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

and yes i am aware stating you got into existentialism and it’s various forms after reading the stranger in development is incredibly cliche but whatever it’s true

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    yeah sorry, i drank some alcohol last night

i'll have you know that i actually sunburn quite easily
    it's pretty obviously just my personal shit**

but the earth in a sense is my religion; it resonates more with me than the experience i've had with religion

and it just seems tragic and unforgivable to squander such abundance. but perhaps that's indicative of needing to forgive such failure. maybe it is okay to have squandered it, maybe humans weren't meant to live that long, maybe it's okay, etc

Spoiler: show
    someone shared with me once the idea that we as individuals identify ourselves with groups around us but at very different perspectives or altitudes

some people mostly strongly identify with their role in their household, perhaps

others more their neighborhood, town, church, city/metro, state, country, race, ethnicity, country of origin, global collective, etc

sports teams and jingoism and racism and all sorts of other things can tie into or fuel this feeling of identity or connection

and for me, i definitely most strongly identify with just being 1 of billions, of the human collective and all its ancestors, and suffice it to say sometimes i feel disappointed in our team's performance

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm pretty much of the fuck religion, but if it's your thing, go right ahead unless you plan on using it to keep other people down.

Wasn't raised under any denomination, never went to church, but spent four years in high school working as a night receptionist at the local Catholic church. The father's there knew I was atheist and didn't care, and actually had some good general talks with them and got along well with them.

I do think a majority of people now, especially the most devout are of the pick and choose type, mainly to hide/mask prejudice they may have. The fact it's used as well to hold back science, especially in stem cell research also drives me insane.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk