Closed Thread
Page 2 of 171 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Supposedly the audience wasn't allowed to sit at any time, had to stay standing the entirety of the tapings

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    While I'm sure they rotated out to some degree and at least would get breaks between segments and stuff, I think I read that they're taping two weeks in one go now or something. Not sure if that meant two Raw and two SD or if those are a separate day.

As for the changes for Raw? Mixed bag. I was mostly watching Titan Games, but kept a stream on Raw and would look over when something was worth attention. In terms of during matches, it was a big upgrade. Simply having any sort of ambient noise will help a lot of people. Now, constantly cutting to these people is something that I should have expected, but needs to be massively cut down. I know, that's not a problem specific to the current situation. During promos, I personally didn't find they were adding much/anything. Bad promo writing/delivery is still going to come off bad, only that it'll now sound like some bombing at standup. Good stuff (Drew/Lashley/MVP) doesn't need this stuff. Would it be even better with a regular crowd? Sure, but having 25 people reacting does little for that.

The glass? Terrible, and even the eventual spots won't make up for it. At least get rid of it on the ramp so they're not going down a tunnel. It looks really bad with all the LED, lasers, spotlights moving around. Around the ring, not a problem but I see it and think "what's the point" other than it being symbolic of something that they refuse to reference?

Rey Mysterio "retirement ceremony" next week!

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Basically yesterday was Raw, Smackdown, Main Event, and I think 205 live, today is the following weeks episodes.

Yeah, reading further they were allowed to sit between segments, but still that makes for a hell of a long day.

Looking at pictures, that glass is stupid. If they want to keep fans from touching the wrestlers once live audiences return, they'd be better off keeping the rows further back, or shorten the ringside area and ramp. Even with AEW giving WWE 2 months of information on how to handle having talent as the audience, I still think they managed to fuck it up and half ass it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I haven't watched WWE in some time, though I try to read the results just in case they do something particular cool or interesting. That being said, can someone explain to me how Charlotte is being booked? It seems all over the place.

BG Level

She's basically the same, except now she's everywhere. She did lose a meaningless match against Bayley as part of that new roster twist, and I think I read it was clean.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    She's basically the same, except now she's everywhere. She did lose a meaningless match against Bayley as part of that new roster twist, and I think I read it was clean.
    Well, I'm confused because she had a match vs Io Shirai that I watched and I was disappointed by. I thought Io was still a heel, but then Charlotte tried to destroy Io's knee(obvious heel move). I read Charlotte interfered in Rhea vs Io as well(obvious heel move). Then she wrestles Bayley(who is also a heel) on SD and insults Bayley and Sasha(might have the timeline out of order here). She then is in a triple threat for Asuka's title(Are Asuka and Kairi still heels?), but is not involved in the decision. So is she a heel, a face, a tweener?

Edit: Apparently she is getting a match vs Asuka next week after losing the number 1 contender match. I give up on trying to understand this.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think heel and face has been mostly tossed out as far as the women go. Charlotte seems to be that heel that is also hated by all other heels because she's such a heel. Io kind of slowly turned face when she returned for the #1 contenders match though Rhea has been a face. Asuka and Kairi(who got hurt by Nia Jax yet again today apparently) are both faces again though when they actually turned face I'm not sure. Just seemed to happen suddenly when Asuka started doing commentary.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Who thought putting a match together with Nia, Kairi, and stairs was a good idea? Seems negligent.

BG Level

Charlotte's not gone face, not tweener. She's just allowed to face heels because they have to put her everywhere. Asuka (and Kairi) just turned with Becky out because new face of the division.

I don't think Io's changed really. She's always been a popular heel, but something of a tweener with heel leanings. She'll align with the heels, but doesn't care about them.

Didn't know about the match against Asuka next week. That is bizarre, but more of the "Charlotte is the only woman that matters" I guess.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    Who thought putting a match together with Nia, Kairi, and stairs was a good idea? Seems negligent.
    Nia and murdering Kairi, name a more iconic duo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

To no surprise Jim Cornette hated the Stadium Stampede match and has sworn off AEW and says everyone involved should be ashamed and he said was embarrassed for Jericho, Hardy, Jim Ross etc., his old man yelling at clouds act has reached its apex

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm honestly not surprised. Bucks and Omega could deliver quintuplets while saving a sack of puppies from drowning and Cornette's hate boner would shit all over it.

Generational shit, be it wrestlers or management, seems to be the most incestuous cancer the biz has to offer.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

NJPW put up Ospreay vs Shingo on Youtube. Match was amazing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    To no surprise Jim Cornette hated the Stadium Stampede match and has sworn off AEW and says everyone involved should be ashamed and he said was embarrassed for Jericho, Hardy, Jim Ross etc., his old man yelling at clouds act has reached its apex
    This would be about the fifth time in the past two months he has sworn off AEW but if he ever actually did he'd have no content for his podcast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The Revival(going by FTR) just debuted on Dynamite.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lol Cornette gonna be inconsolable

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

General Wrestling VI: Did You Come Here To Fight or Did You Come Here To Drink?

JR said “Fuck Mike Tyson” on live tv LOL

Edit nvm, he said “plus” lmao

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Vickie LMFAO

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

General Wrestling VI: Did You Come Here To Fight or Did You Come Here To Drink?

Timbs and Chopped Cheese lmao!!! YO WE OUT HERE YURRRRRRT! Lmfao

EDIT: God damn Rashad Evans, Vitor Belfort, and Henry Cejudo rolling with Tyson. That’s a fucking dangerous ass squad lol.

BG Level

Bloodsport was one of my top 2 or 3 shows of Mania week in recent years, so I'm glad that WWE actually tried doing a match more similar in style to that with some of these guys.

The booking of the CW tournament is just silly to me. I hope KUSHIDA is at least bringing in some serious money in WWE.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 171 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast