+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Lol, never fail to disappoint
    You and people like you are literally why these things kind of happen. Hope you’re happy

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Maybe it's because you're a stupid idiot
    REPORTED!

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

yall are just throwing out personal attacks and not even bothering to respond to my valid opinions. No i am not the reason this happened, what a stupid thing to say. Also, I am not a Republican.

You call them personal attacks, they call them valid opinions.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Maybe zealot will grace us with an explainer on why that whole post was wild. Thats the only way ill respond to this arc again

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

yall are just throwing out personal attacks and not even bothering yo respond to my valid opinions. No i am not the reason this happened, what a stupid thing to say. Also, I am not a Republican.
    You are nothing more than an “all lives matter” “not all cops” “why can’t everyone just be civil” cum-for-brains idiot. “But my opinions are valid” cries local town retard completely unaware of American history.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    You call them personal attacks, they call them valid opinions.
    It's like he doesn't understand that he is a stupid idiot and is saying stupid idiot things. It's almost like he is a stupid idiot.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Reported.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Draylo:

If I were to speculate, my impression is that "all the good" police do is their job. Most people don't get special praise for doing their job. Should police get paid more and trained better for that job? Absolutely, in my opinion.

The issue is -again, as I see it - that the system benefits cops in every single way. The default is believing their version of events. There are rarely consequences for bad behavior. The good cops who are just doing their jobs never turn in the bad ones. Something I saw recently that made a lot of sense to me was "if you have 10 bad cops and 1000 good cops, and the 1000 good cops don't do anything about the 10 bad ones, you have 1010 bad cops."

The "abolish law enforcement" sentiment comes from a place of believing that there will never be even slow change over time because the system as it currently exists is set up only for self-perpetuation, and it's better to just tear it all down.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    It doesn't matter if its part of their job, they do it and unlike other jobs, they put their lives on the line. What you said applies to any law enforcement. A DA is going to believe their people over the average person, the "injustice" you're speaking of on that level is almost impossible to fix. So if it takes only 1 person to turn all of them bad, you can apply that logic to any group, like the people who commit crimes? It seems silly to paint them all with the same brush because of a few. How can they know who is bad to turn in? I asked that to 6souls earlier and he just kept linking articles of cherry picked cases where police were bad. Most times it isn't up to their fellow officers to make that decision, its higher up.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Reported.
    Confirmed for snitchy ass snitch

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Reported.
    He is, lets see if the mods actually do the right thing. I'm sure he sits on Discord and just laughs, there are no rules on this site its turned into a big clique lol. Personal attacks have been against the rules since day 1.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It doesn't matter if its part of their job, they do it and unlike other jobs, they put their lives on the line. What you said applies to any law enforcement. A DA is going to believe their people over the average person, the "injustice" you're speaking of on that level is almost impossible to fix. So if it takes only 1 person to turn all of them bad, you can apply that logic to any group, like the people who commit crimes? It seems silly to paint them all with the same brush because of a few. How can they know who is bad to turn in? I asked that to 6souls earlier and he just kept linking articles of cherry picked cases where police were bad. Most times it isn't up to their fellow officers to make that decision, its higher up.
    My guy, this cop had like 18 complaints against him.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

He is, lets see if the mods actually do the right thing. I'm sure he sits on Discord and just laughs, there are no rules on this site its turned into a big clique lol. Personal attacks have been against the rules since day 1.
    Stating fact isnt a personal attack

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I do.

You stupid idiot.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just log off

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    My guy, this cop had like 18 complaints against him.

Who said anything about this cop? I'm talking in general. How many jobs do you know where an employee has a bunch of reprimands? Do the whole work force intend to kick them out? How is that possible without going thru higher ups? I'd wager that they have that "bro club" mentality at those stations too, so if someone goes out of line they face attacks just like me here lol. There has to be reforms from the top down to fix that type of mentality and stricter rules enforced to make sure nobody makes it to 18 complaints like that.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Just log off
    No thanks Mr. abolish the police. I'll post my damn opinion if I feel like it, screw your hiveminds lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

yall are just throwing out personal attacks and not even bothering yo respond to my valid opinions. No i am not the reason this happened, what a stupid thing to say. Also, I am not a Republican.
    Go read Zealots long ass post he did. Or just look at the videos of police overstepping their bounds, while they know they are being recorded, and realize that none of them will get reprimanded for it because they are well protected.

You're asking for solutions? How about actual punishments for bad cops. An independent body separate from the police that investigates complaints and incidents so we stop getting the memey ass "police have investigated themselves and found that police did nothing wrong". More in-depth training on deescalation and general use of force. When a cop is found to be racist, either by groups he follows and takes part in or by actual actions, there should be an immediate termination of his employment and he shouldn't be able to just go to the next city, county, or state and get hired as a cop.

Then there's the infamous blue wall that police use to protect their own even when it's blatant they were in the wrong. Or how this same wall is used to silence or oust cops that try to bring up corruption. When you got Trump giving a speech at a rally with a slew of police officers in attendance and he says to "rough up the suspects a bit", he shouldn't be met with laughter and agreement but contempt.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Go read Zealots long ass post he did. Or just look at the videos of police overstepping their bounds, while they know they are being recorded, and realize that none of them will get reprimanded for it because they are well protected.

You're asking for solutions? How about actual punishments for bad cops. An independent body separate from the police that investigates complaints and incidents so we stop getting the memey ass "police have investigated themselves and found that police did nothing wrong". More in-depth training on deescalation and general use of force. When a cop is found to be racist, either by groups he follows and takes part in or by actual actions, there should be an immediate termination of his employment and he shouldn't be able to just go to the next city, county, or state and get hired as a cop.

Then there's the infamous blue wall that police use to protect their own even when it's blatant they were in the wrong. Or how this same wall is used to silence or oust cops that try to bring up corruption. When you got Trump giving a speech at a rally with a slew of police officers in attendance and he says to "rough up the suspects a bit", he shouldn't be met with laughter and agreement but contempt.
    I agree with everything you said, and I do hope they enforce things like that. I never said anything to the contrary. My point was, not all cops are bad like these people spouting "ACAB" are thinking. Violent protests like this aren't going to instantly make all that happen, it is slow and over time. You'll see even with this, they will do everything to sweep it under when this ends and once again we're back to slowly intending a reform. All this is doing is destrying communities, businesses and hurting people who are suffering after a pandemic. The violent portion of these protests I mean.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Who said anything about this cop? I'm talking in general. How many jobs do you know where an employee has a bunch of reprimands? Do the whole work force intend to kick them out? How is that possible without going thru higher ups? I'd wager that they have that "bro club" mentality at those stations too, so if someone goes out of line they face attacks just like me here lol. There has to be reforms from the top down to fix that type of mentality and stricter rules enforced to make sure nobody makes it to 18 complaints like that.
    Bruh, thousands of people across the country are saying a lot about this cop and his accomplices