Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Only a stupid idiot would think that the right thing to do is just all go home and let the wheels of progress go back to turning slowly while the police police themselves.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

How much slower can it fucking get though? We've gotten police to finally wear body cams even though that came with resistance from several police departments. Even with video evidence of wrong-doing, we're constantly fed bullshit excuses like "the officer didn't do anything that wasn't deemed unnecessary" or even worse, "the officer didn't violate department policy" which just means that cops can actually be that brutal.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I'll post my damn opinion if I feel like it, screw your hiveminds lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Confirmed for snitchy ass snitch

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

:D

Been talking to my buddy who is a cop and his gf and going over just how bad it is from his perspective on how some cops are. He makes around 55k a year where average income is 80-120k. When he was in training he would comment about just how fucking crazy and stupid some of the recruits were but if they passed the physical exams they got in, because they just need cops that badly that they will overlook major issues...so then you get hot heads running around with guns and military hardware at time who are either braindead or have anger management issues. Toss on the job being completely thankless and also all cops being lumped in by people as "All cops bad!" and 60-70hr work weeks where you don't know if a random traffic stop MIGHT be the last one you ever do because that's how training is.

With all that said though I think the protests are the only response left. It's very clear that some states and precincts are fucking appalling while others are fine (You have videos of cops marching with protestors in same areas, or dancing with them because they give a shit about their community). You can't get change in this country through peaceful movement though, you're not pulling off a Ghandi in the US and getting anywhere besides mocked by politicians and forgotten. The elite are terrified though of the entire group of poor in this country actually realizing shit is fucked and rigged and standing up as a whole, that's why they do so much to create divides and an Us vs Them attitude and why the moment both poor white people and poor black people band together you see some crazy shit.

So no, being calm and collective isn't gonna fucking do anything, we're way past that point.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

It doesn't matter if its part of their job, they do it and unlike other jobs, they put their lives on the line. What you said applies to any law enforcement. A DA is going to believe their people over the average person, the "injustice" you're speaking of on that level is almost impossible to fix. So if it takes only 1 person to turn all of them bad, you can apply that logic to any group, like the people who commit crimes? It seems silly to paint them all with the same brush because of a few. How can they know who is bad to turn in? I asked that to 6souls earlier and he just kept linking articles of cherry picked cases where police were bad. Most times it isn't up to their fellow officers to make that decision, its higher up.
    First, the issue isn't "turning them in," it's a refusal to acknowledge wrongdoing, condemn publicly, or report to those higher ups because of the Thin Blue Line. It IS a dangerous and often thankless job, and that understandably creates a sense of camaraderie. But that fraternity seems to, in many cases, take precedence over the job that they're sworn to do.

I understand your mind is made up and I'm not trying to change it, just hopefully increase your understanding of where the people who don't think that way are coming from.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Been talking to my buddy who is a cop and his gf and going over just how bad it is from his perspective on how some cops are. He makes around 55k a year where average income is 80-120k. When he was in training he would comment about just how fucking crazy and stupid some of the recruits were but if they passed the physical exams they got in, because they just need cops that badly that they will overlook major issues...so then you get hot heads running around with guns and military hardware at time who are either braindead or have anger management issues. Toss on the job being completely thankless and also all cops being lumped in by people as "All cops bad!" and 60-70hr work weeks where you don't know if a random traffic stop MIGHT be the last one you ever do because that's how training is.

With all that said though I think the protests are the only response left. It's very clear that some states and precincts are fucking appalling while others are fine (You have videos of cops marching with protestors in same areas, or dancing with them because they give a shit about their community). You can't get change in this country through peaceful movement though, you're not pulling off a Ghandi in the US and getting anywhere besides mocked by politicians and forgotten. The elite are terrified though of the entire group of poor in this country actually realizing shit is fucked and rigged and standing up as a whole, that's why they do so much to create divides and an Us vs Them attitude and why the moment both poor white people and poor black people band together you see some crazy shit.

So no, being calm and collective isn't gonna fucking do anything, we're way past that point.
    You and me have been on the same wavelength. I literally JUST posted this to fb (I may be going a bit ham this week...)

Aren't cops supposed to be trained to handle dangerous situations without driving their SUVs into crowds? Can't we just all agree that if you, a cop, drive your SUV into a crowd of people you get fired? You're clearly not good at problem solving and critical thinking in a way that goes along with how you were trained so find another fucking job.

Why is this so hard. This is what we want.

> cop drives car into crowd
    > Police Chief: "Well it was dangerous and he shouldn't have been in that situation and we have arrested people throwing flaming bottles, but he handled it wrongly and he has been fired."

Most cops around the country were in as dangerous, if not more dangerous situations and they didn't drive into crowds. Plenty of cops didn't fire rubber bullets into medical tents, at reporters showing credentials, fire paint balls at people sitting on their porches in a residential neighborhood, pepper spray somebody watching from their second floor apartment balcony. The carnage done to HUMANS by the police over the past week is what should upset you.

But some did. And those people should no longer be cops. Some of them should be brought up on criminal charges.

It is not an easy job. It's not supposed to be an easy job. It isn't for everyone. You don't get a pass at being shitty at your job just because you aren't good enough to do anything else. If you signed up for the combo of easy pay and free license to be a bully, we want you gone. Most cops kept their cool. The ones that couldn't shouldn't be cops. Period.

If the cops want to use military-grade gear can't we at least hold them to the same level of accountability that we would hold our military?

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Meanwhile here it's almost impossible to become a cop and they make 100-150k and don't seem to have many of these issues.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Knowing a few who work in NYC, they start them out in the worst neighborhoods possible in the Bronx and have little kids that come up to them throwing rocks and yelling swears literally all the time. Nobody is given a chance. While its a shame they allow just anyone in, that is definitely something that needs to be reformed. However, even with psychiatric evals, that doesn't prevent any crazies from getting in who could snap under so much pressure that the job commands. It's a shame that the only avenue left is violent protests, I wish there was another way besides that, however, I think its a little naive to think this will change everything like its desired.

First, the issue isn't "turning them in," it's a refusal to acknowledge wrongdoing, condemn publicly, or report to those higher ups because of the Thin Blue Line. It IS a dangerous and often thankless job, and that understandably creates a sense of camaraderie. But that fraternity seems to, in many cases, take precedence over the job that they're sworn to do.

I understand your mind is made up and I'm not trying to change it, just hopefully increase your understanding of where the people who don't think that way are coming from.
    Of course, and I accept and appreciate difference in opinions and point of views. You don't see me slinging personal attacks like SathTrigged. I respect other points of view and mine isn't something that can't be changed, I just come from a different perspective and my only issue was the violence causing so much destruction after a pandemic and how all cops are lumped into "ACAB." It is going to have to be from the top down in most cases because, like you said, that camaraderie when they get so much hate is probably really strong.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Knowing a few who work in NYC, they start them out in the worst neighborhoods possible in the Bronx and have little kids that come up to them throwing rocks and yelling swears literally all the time. Nobody is given a chance. While its a shame they allow just anyone in, that is definitely something that needs to be reformed. However, even with psychiatric evals, that doesn't prevent any crazies from getting in who could snap under so much pressure that the job commands. It's a shame that the only avenue left is violent protests, I wish there was another way besides that, however, I think its a little naive to think this will change everything like its desired.

Of course, and I accept and appreciate difference in opinions and point of views. You don't see me slinging personal attacks like SathTrigged. I respect other points of view and mine isn't something that can't be changed, I just come from a different perspective and my only issue was the violence causing so much destruction after a pandemic and how all cops are lumped into "ACAB." It is going to have to be from the top down in most cases because, like you said, that camaraderie when they get so much hate is probably really strong.
    Probably because you're too much of a stupid idiot and can't form or understand coherent thoughts let alone funny insults.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Says the guy typing like a 5 year old "u STOOPID idiot."

All my opinions are coherent and you can clearly read them without any personal attacks. I wonder if you're ever capable of that?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm a stupid idiot.
    You are right. I can clearly read this.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

This guy is literally here trolling, calling people "stupid idiots" and nothing is done. Yet other people have opinions and post them with links to support it and get temp'd. Wat

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I just wanna be sure the rules have changed? I'd like to know if I can join in on the fun too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

This guy is literally here trolling, calling people "stupid idiots" and nothing is done. Yet other people have opinions and post them with links to support it and get temp'd. Wat
    And you are baiting. You have baited from the moment you entered the thread. Those that have been given a time out are for being shitty during a time of a tradegy.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Draylo, if you don't like it, talk to the manager.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

How exactly have I "baited"? I entered the thread with a question because of a discussion I had on Instagram, then I was attacked by Sath. Then I entered once again to post my opinion on the protest/cops, and once again received a lengthy attack. How exactly am I baiting and for what purpose?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Draylo, if you don't like it, talk to the manager.
    I just wanna know if its okay for everyone to start slinging personal attacks and demeaning the opinion of others I don't agree with? If those rules don't exist anymore, we should all be able to do it and not just the clique who sit on Discord lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I just wanna know if its okay for everyone to start slinging personal attacks and demeaning the opinion of others I don't agree with? If those rules don't exist anymore, we should all be able to do it and not just the clique who sit on Discord lol.
    The manager is currently on Discord. Speak to him.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Why? Doesn't the forum have moderators? I see people getting temps so someone must be watching.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast