Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Because the manager can override the mods. Lay out your case, not just "waa waa waa THAT'S MY OPINION"

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I didn't say anything like that. I said my opinions and some are responding with thoughtful cases and explanations, something a forum is for. Then you have Sath with his one liners, calling people "stupid idiot" like this is Spam. Pretty cut and dry case of what is in the report function. He doesn't even bother to engage, just acts like a troll.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I didn't say anything like that. I said my opinions and some are responding with thoughtful cases and explanations, something a forum is for. Then you have Sath with his one liners, calling people "stupid idiot" like this is Spam. Pretty cut and dry case of what is in the report function. He doesn't even bother to engage, just acts like a troll.
    And instead of ignoring him, you keep engaging. I'm not saying what he is doing it right, but you have to take some responsibility yourself. If he is not up to your standards, shut him off.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

this feels like spam, let day back in. i need a laugh.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

No, really, that's not necessary.

Why? Doesn't the forum have moderators? I see people getting temps so someone must be watching.
    I just wanna know if its okay for everyone to start slinging personal attacks and demeaning the opinion of others I don't agree with? If those rules don't exist anymore, we should all be able to do it and not just the clique who sit on Discord lol.
    My god dude, you are going full Karen. I'm linking the above as sources so you know it isn't an opinion, I have facts linked.

Also, I'm not on discord, I'm not part of the "Clique" and I still think you are being a little bitch about this. You have been bitching about being treated unfairly the second you walked into this thread, but nothing has happened to you.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Nothing has happened to you, he says. Yeah just the string of personal attacks lol. I just wanted to know if that was cool these days, because then I can join in on the fun too since we aren't being civil. Not being a Karen as I could care less what someone like Sath or the others call me (especially "SToopid IDiot".) Anyhow, carry on, I'll just do the same from now on instead of being civil. Also keep in mind that multiple people have reached out to me privately, telling me to not bother responding in this thread because any kind of opposition in opinions are being subject to said personal attacks. When you have people who literally choose not to engage in this thread, that is a problem.

Nothing has happened to you, he says. Yeah just the string of personal attacks lol. I just wanted to know if that was cool these days, because then I can join in on the fun too since we aren't being civil. Not being a Karen as I could care less what someone like Sath or the others call me (especially "SToopid IDiot".) Anyhow, carry on, I'll just do the same from now on instead of being civil. Also keep in mind that multiple people have reached out to me privately, telling me to not bother responding in this thread because any kind of opposition in opinions are being subject to said personal attacks. When you have people who literally choose not to engage in this thread, that is a problem.
    This is the most Karen post I've seen you make yet. If you can't handle being called an idiot, you can do three things.

1. Stop being an Idiot and posting dumb shit.
    2. Stop posting.
    3. Mute everyone that hurts your feelings, and have a conversation with yourself.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Also, I'm not on discord, I'm not part of the "Clique"
    On this, there is no "Clique". On Discord, the only real thing is the people who talk, and the ~500 online members who never do.
    Even the header in the member list BG Verified, is literally just people who are/were in the BG FC on Gilgamesh in XIV, with a couple of additions.

And while it's fastest and in realtime, if you don't want to use discord, the forum PM system still exists for getting in touch with the Admins.

I really wouldn't know, I was just responding to him saying there was one.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Dude, I've been around forums for ages, I don't care. This is a serious topic and you have someone like him literally TROLLING in front of everyone eyes and he gets a pass. Where we saw three other posters get infractions for less. I'm all for it though, lets all be able to do it. Like I said, carry on. Don't bother as I don't want to derail further.

It seems like you do care, with how much you have been posting about it. That said, you are boring me now, so I'm done playing with you.

I'm not going to lie, i got a chuckle from the title.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

lel

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I do appreciate a lot of Sath's post especially in the science thread, but these last string of posts are very similar to Zealot's before he got temp'd for shitting on a poster for calling them (and not their idea) hard-R tarded. So I can see why Draylo is upset here even if I think the opinion is trash.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

He gets a pass clearly, even though anyone with eyes can see he is trolling. They temp'd another user because the majority (or maybe just 1 mod who did it) disagreed with his opinion. I won't be shocked if I am simply for stating my opinion.

I honestly don't get why you think my opinion is trash though, it isn't like I was against convicting those cops or anything. It can be simplified as
    - Violent protests are going too far atm, destroying small businesses and upending peoples lives right after a pandemic
    - Not all cops are evil.

Not sure where people are drawing conclusions I think the current system is A-OK, when I agreed with everyone in that there needs to be reform, it just won't be as fast as people want it to be. After all this destruction, the most they'll get is convicting the cops and then everyone deals with the aftermath.

People are playing the Karen card on you precisely because you believe things have gone too far and the implication you know better. Things are only going to go "far enough" when the masses eventually decide that's enough. Bluntly, the cops across the country are lucky there's not a pile of their own corpses YET. This is the very bloody, teetering edge of peaceful despite a few bad actors looting and vandalizing with proof emerging here and there that it's not being done by protestors, but instead to smear them.

Pragmatically, we're all individually powerless in doing anything about this, and certainly too far spread out a la the internet to legitimately congregate and influence a specific area. We can talk with our own friends and immediate contacts, hoping that maybe it'll do some good, but it's still words against myriad broken systems that feed off and support each other. The whole concern trolling when the affected further say, "Nah, it's cool fam, we agree with the riots!" is just yet more Karen energy. Yes, it would be nice if nothing got destroyed or no one got hurt, but that path has been tried. Nothing good came of it. So, sit back, shut up, and watch the dominoes fall. Donate to some charity if you're able and feel inclined. Vote when it's that the time for people platforming on the change we need and not just more status quo. Hop into a local protest and get yourself shot/gassed/run over if you want to live the full experience. Simply put, this isn't going away until the system changes in a way they deem satisfactory. And even then, you can bet it'll smolder until the system proves to fail in its promises.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Who is they? Are you implying this is all being orchestrated somehow? What is the end-game goal then? Aside from these cops getting jailed, all of them, what exactly are they trying to get done? You think they can somehow force the top to change everything over night? Seems really naive imo, will be a lot more death and destruction before that happens. Nobody is going to bow down to forceful tyranny, regardless who it comes from.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Zealot getting temped for going hard R on D44k was a legendary moment and I do appreciate you putting me on such a wonderful pedestal.

I am also wonderfully happy that we have a full “don’t be a concern trolling stupid idiot” thread so maybe the real victory was the threads we made along the way.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I'm honestly not trolling, and had no idea what "concern trolling" was. I'm legit weirded out that there are this many radical thinking people atm, this controversy has honestly lit a fire in some people. When I talked to the guy on Instagram and saw his hateful posts, I thought he was in the minority. Seems that's been going around, I'm not the only one that thinks its gone too far though, take a look anywhere on social media. Everyone has issues on both sides of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast