Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I don't give a shit, don't you see the title? Stop being a "Karen"

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2018...rnment_pr.html

How about the netherlands lmao what a clown
    Did you even read the article you quoted? Jesus, you'll do anything for an attack won't ya? Did someone beat you as a kid or something? They don't say anything about all kinds of drugs, especially the problem rampant in America w/prescription drugs. The crazy at the beginning of the thread had said legalizing all drugs. Populations are completely different, cases completely different. If it was such a grand idea, they would have adopted it in multiple countries by now with populations greater than the small amount that one has. Ya dummy

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Do you mean the opiate problem? AKA the prescription heroin problem?

Also, you asked for one example from a first world country. I gave it to you. You asked if I've been beat as a kid.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yeah, it would explain why you're always so angry.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Sweet, lets follow those third world countries, they have done so well
    Well, if a country is doing something that has measurable positive effects, is it wrong to emulate those efforts because of other, unrelated things that are wrong with the country?

Hypothetical; if the government of East Timor revealed that they had successfully developed a program to give everyone in the country free and efficient solar power, would East Timor's status as a generally poor and crime-ridden country make you want to reject efforts to do the same in the United States?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BG Level

Also that one season of the Wire.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Found this article interesting. I thought I remembered the Obama administration trying to do something related to criminal justice reform, but didn’t remember what they were or what came of it.

Last October, Minneapolis Police Union president Bob Kroll appeared at a Trump rally. Clad in his red “Cops for Trump” T-shirt, Kroll (who has been alleged to be affiliated with white supremacists) gloated that the president had unshackled his officers from the restraints imposed by Trump’s predecessor. “The Obama administration and the handcuffing and oppression of police was despicable,” he told the crowd. “The first thing President Trump did when he took office was turn that around, got rid of the Holder-Loretta Lynch regime and decided to start takin— letting the cops do their job, put the handcuffs on the criminals instead of us.”

The last few years of the Obama administration were one of the most productive periods of criminal justice reform in American history. The Obama administration changed sentencing guidelines to reduce the disparity in the treatment of drug crimes that had disproportionately harmed black defendants. As part of an effort to inculcate a “guardian, not a warrior” mindset, it restricted the transfer of surplus military equipment to police departments. Most importantly, it formed consent decrees with more than a dozen police departments to force them to change their practices.

When William Barr took over for Sessions — whom Trump fired for refusing to violate Justice Department guidelines — there was nothing left of the Obama reforms to undo.
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...-kneeling.html

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Found this article interesting. I thought I remembered the Obama administration trying to do something related to criminal justice reform, but didn’t remember what they were or what came of it.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...-kneeling.html
    Yeah they were discussing this on CNN last night.

What's True
    While addressing a crowd of law enforcement officers in July 2017, Trump did advise police not to be "too nice" with people in custody and encouraged officers to stop protecting peoples' heads when they're handcuffed and ducking to get into squad cars.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Admittedly, I haven't done drugs or have any interest in them so the idea isn't something that I found myself getting into. I would have to research it before I could give a better opinion. Having seen some information from a cursory glance and I'll retract what I said earlier even though it seems outlandish to do that in this country, I would be open to see if it could work to help people.

BG Level

Fair enough, only asking for openness to different ideas, not tacit acceptance.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Apparently my opinions arent popular and I couldnt care less if you like me nor is it relevant to the discussion.
    Bitch shut the fuck up holy shit all you have done all weekend is whine IN MULTIPLE THREADS because these internet strangers on a dying forum have been mean to you and you wish someone would ban them like the others or at least make them stop saying such mean things to you oh boo fucking hoo are you a fucking man or a little whiney bitch the entire country is out here looking at police abuse power left and right and you open up your weekend with a stupid ass post that boils down to "let them handle themselves and all the racism will stop" and you wonder why everyone is shitting on you God you really are a fucking lonely retard arent you

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Shut up you loser. Nobody gives a shit what you think, lmao. Yeah, a dying forum that could use level headed posters that put opinions without any personal attacks. Instead, they are all chased off and the only ones left are the spam tier posters. Sites die a lot faster when a hivemind is created and people like you shitpost in every thread. Boo hoo, he posted an opinion I don't like during this time. Most of my posts were simply asking if its okay to talk shit and it seems the rules are moot these days. When you throw out civility, we all go spam tier like you I guess. Ya dummy. You're putting words into my posts, I never said let them handle themselves, its clearly obvious youre troll tier and haven't even read anything I've posted.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

the forum isn't dying, we are.

I like the implication that the US is still a first world country.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

'merica

BG Level

Third world describes countries that didn't immediately declare for either the U.S. or the Soviets during the Cold War.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Draylo shut the fuck up before I get my antifa super soldier juice and whup your ass.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's really fucking telling when you have a dead ass wrong and bad take and your first response is "I vote democrat"

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Congress gave the Justice Department the power to investigate biased policing practices in 1994, in the wake of the police beating of black Los Angeles motorist Rodney King and five days of rioting in the city when four of the officers were acquitted about a year later. A new law let the DOJ open investigations and file civil lawsuits against any law enforcement agency with a "pattern or practice" of violating constitutional rights.

The power was used most aggressively under the Obama administration, which stepped up the use of consent decrees. Court-enforced agreements in cities like Ferguson, Cleveland and Baltimore included laundry lists of reforms departments agreed to comply with, from deescalation training and body cameras to changes in law and more equitable hiring practices.
    But former DOJ attorneys said they doubt Barr would be interested in such wide-ranging cases. And even if investigations were opened, a department policy put in place by Barr's predecessor, Jeff Sessions, severely restricts prosecutors' ability to seek consent decrees, court-enforced agreements with police agencies that mandate reforms.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/polit...nvs/index.html

There’s some more information in the article, but I don’t think I can quote much more.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

With the militarization of local police forces on full display as heavily armed cops and armored vehicles patrol the streets and crack down on protests over the killing of George Floyd, Sen. Brian Schatz on Sunday said he plans to introduce an amendment to end the federal program that permits the transfer of excess military equipment to police departments across the nation.

"I will be introducing an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act to discontinue the program that transfers military weaponry to local police departments," the Hawaii Democrat tweeted late Sunday.

Julián Castro, the former Housing Secretary, applauded Schatz's proposal, warning that "as long as our police arm up like a combat force, they'll act like it."
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...nsfer-military

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast