+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I didn't know how many antifa members on were BG until I read this thread

Anyone that isn't defending the police is ANTIFA based on what I'm seeing from the right.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

I mean, anarchy as a means to reform is literally what antifa is about.

I'm going, to be honest, I don't really know much about Antifa besides what I hear on Fox News and this forum, as i don't see them talked about anywhere else.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If you're against fascism, then you're antifa.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    I mean, anarchy as a means to reform is literally what antifa is about.
    The antifa ideology is militant opposition to fascism and far-right ideology. Notable adherents to antifa ideology include the United States and its allies during World War II.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyltia View Post
    The antifa ideology is militant opposition to fascism and far-right ideology. Notable adherents to antifa ideology include the United States and its allies during World War II.
    GOTTEM

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

The breakdown

Black Bloc: "Proto-Anonymous no identity, riot and break shit."
    Anarchist: "Fuck hierarchical structures. (Maybe riot & break shit too.)"
    Antifa: "Fuck facists, go punch a nazi it's a good idea."

There is some overlap in the venn diagram, but bloc and anarchists share MUCH more together than antifa does with either.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The antifa ideology is militant opposition to fascism and far-right ideology.
    This. Not all black bloc activists are anarchists, and not all militant protest is promoting anarchy. Antifa is more specifically against fascism and right wing totalitarianism, and has been around forever in Europe.

It's just hard to tell the different groups apart during a protest because they all dress the same and mostly behave the same, so lately they're all getting lumped in with Antifa. Probably just a brand recognition thing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just like how after a terror attack every brown person who doesn't immediately bend their knee to police overreach is "probably ISIS" and "got what they deserved" we're absolutely seeing this labeling of all protesters as antifa as a precursor to the public turning a blind eye to the violence that will likely come in the following days.

"They were terrorists they should've just gone home. They deserved it."

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not really helping that now you have white nationalists running around dressed up like black bloc. The media is ignoring it, but they can't help themselves when it comes to spraying Odin's cross symbols on anything that promotes racial equality.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Of course they would turn a blind eye, they want this shit to end. Who wants all their businesses destroyed, peoples lives upended after a pandemic and all from people who probably don't even know that guys name. They just want free shit and they are destroying their own damn cities. At this point they are terrorists, and should all be taken down.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've actually mentally broken another human being by calling them a stupid idiot one too many times. Someone is gonna write a hell of a psych. journal article about this one day.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

He's just trying to secure himself a good spot in Trump's fascist regime lol.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I wouldn't give yourself that much credit. I only tried to be civil with everyone and then I saw I was just dealing with a bunch of blinded radicals, so now I'll just stick my piece to break up the hivemind. It's sad how things like this can make people so unreasonable and unwilling to understand other points of view. Too far left, too radical. I'm a registered Democrat in NYC, idk why I need to keep repeating that. After this incident tho, I'm starting too see the left is mostly been radicalized and this is something that will go in Trumps favor for sure. Considering most of the left doesn't even go to vote.

BG Level

yeah the U.S. government mobilizing + conscripting the populace in the most aggressive exertion of centralized government the nation has ever seen to fight expansionary polities overseas is certainly analogous to (checks notes) Robbie from your local smoke shop donning a bandana and stabbing a police horse

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I wouldn't give yourself that much credit. I only tried to be civil with everyone and then I saw I was just dealing with a bunch of blinded radicals, so now I'll just stick my piece to break up the hivemind. It's sad how things like this can make people so unreasonable and unwilling to understand other points of view. Too far left, too radical. I'm a registered Democrat in NYC, idk why I need to keep repeating that. After this incident tho, I'm starting too see the left is mostly been radicalized and this is something that will go in Trumps favor for sure. Considering most of the left doesn't even go to vote.
    It's sadder that you rationalize your behavior by saying "I'M A DEMOCRAT FROM NYC". Ah yes, all of these people are just too far radical left. If only they would listen to the mighty Draylo the Tremendous, things would be better.

When one side literally says "your opinion doesn't fucking matter and now I will pass laws to make things my way also your lives don't matter to us" and the other side is fucking sick of it, what do you think the logical conclusion to that scenario is?

If anyone's to blame, it's stupid chucklefucks like you who think staying neutral and pointing fingers around you is the solution to the problem.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Well when the fascists were overseas we had to go to them, now they're coming to us.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

No, now they are us.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Don't believe the hype. Both parties have radicals. You are always free to think a certain way, but don't get mad when someone checks you on it. I'm a registered Democrat in Texas. I'm constantly getting crap from my work colleagues, my boss, and my family and relatives about the caricature version of Democrats. I have to constantly prove that we are not what they are told we are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast