FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    What do you suggest?
    Fuck 'em. Literally or metaphorically I'll leave that to you. Maybe you're in to dumb people I don't kink shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Yeah, it's not like those braindead fucking morons are people and could give you some idea of what... people... are like.
    They're a microcosm of stupid. all i said was don't let a microcosm of stupid fucks make you paint everyone with the same brush is all. I didn't even claim anyone did, I did say If. Its just advice bro don't Donald Trump me.

Just getting Trump to begin with tells me we've got more than a microcosm out there. More likely, the FB idiots are just the ones willing to say whatever out loud.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    More likely, the FB idiots are just the ones willing to say whatever out loud.
    Exactly this.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Fuck 'em. Literally or metaphorically I'll leave that to you. Maybe you're in to dumb people I don't kink shame.

They're a microcosm of stupid. all i said was don't let a microcosm of stupid fucks make you paint everyone with the same brush is all. I didn't even claim anyone did, I did say If. Its just advice bro don't Donald Trump me.
    Hillary only got 3 million more votes than Trump so....

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

https://www.washingtonpost.com/crime...-issue-report/

A national commission on law enforcement launched earlier this year by President Trump and Attorney General William P. Barr has violated federal law by failing to have a diverse membership and failing to provide public access to its meetings, a federal judge ruled Thursday. The judge ordered the commission to stop work, though it has already sent its draft report and recommendations on improving American policing to Barr for release next month, and prohibited Barr from releasing a final report.

The ruling by Senior U.S. District Judge John D. Bates in Washington came in response to a lawsuit from the NAACP’s Legal Defense and Education Fund, which sought an injunction against the Presidential Commission on Law Enforcement and the Administration of Justice for violating laws on how federal advisory committees must work. Bates did not issue an injunction, but ordered the commission to change its membership and comply with other aspects of the law.

“Especially in 2020,” Bates wrote, “when racial justice and civil rights issues involving law enforcement have erupted across the nation, one may legitimately question whether it is sound policy to have a group with little diversity of experience examine, behind closed doors, the sensitive issues facing law enforcement and the criminal justice system in America today.”

The 18-member commission was composed entirely of state and federal law enforcement officials, with no one from the civil rights, criminal defense, social work, religious or academic fields. Members were sworn in on Jan. 22, and then heard months of testimony by teleconference from experts in a variety of police, prosecutorial and social fields. The commission also formed 15 working groups, with more than 100 members, to draft sections of the report focusing on topics such as “Reduction of Crime,” “Respect for Law Enforcement,” “Data and Reporting" and “Homeland Security.”

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Detective who appeared to mock Seattle protesters hit by car faces possible termination

The detective, Mike Brown, was placed on leave in July and an internal investigation was launched over the social media posts. One image posted on July 4 showed a vehicle hitting a group of people with the caption "All lives splatter" and "Keep your (expletive) off the road."
    Brown told an investigator that when he was a child, his dad would tell him to "go play in the freeway" whenever he got mad, according to a transcript that was included in the report. The detective said he didn't make the connection between "All lives splatter" and "Black Lives Matter."
    "And so that's what I was thinking, along those lines. I wasn't thinking along the lines of making light of it or making light of the movement," he said.
    A detective claiming he couldn't make a connection between "all lives splatter" and "black lives matter" shouldn't be a detective I would argue.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1336118253375074306

On his first day, newly sworn in Los Angeles County district attorney George Gascón announces that county prosecutors will no longer seek cash bail for any misdemeanor or non-violent, non-serious felony offenses. His office will also ban county prosecutors to seek sentencing enhancements or the death penalty.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...819_story.html

Maryland enacted historic police accountability measures Saturday, becoming the first state to repeal its powerful Law Enforcement Officers’ Bill of Rights and setting new rules for when police may use force and how they are investigated and disciplined.

The Democratic-majority legislature dealt Republican Gov. Larry Hogan a sharp rebuke, overriding his vetoes of measures that raise the bar for officers to use force; give civilians a role in police discipline for the first time; restrict no-knock warrants; mandate body cameras; and open some allegations of police wrongdoing for public review.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

huge tbh

wonder how it is gonna impact police morale and retention, as those are the oft raised concerns. time will tell i suppose.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    huge tbh

wonder how it is gonna impact police morale and retention, as those are the oft raised concerns. time will tell i suppose.
    they'll pout and stay in their cars and crime will rise

hopefully not for too long though

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Police officers around here say they can't pat down people (aggressive/psychs/etc) be for they go in our ambulances cuz of a law that CT passed last year.

I assume pd will say shit like that there

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...819_story.html

Maryland enacted historic police accountability measures Saturday, becoming the first state to repeal its powerful Law Enforcement Officers’ Bill of Rights and setting new rules for when police may use force and how they are investigated and disciplined.

The Democratic-majority legislature dealt Republican Gov. Larry Hogan a sharp rebuke, overriding his vetoes of measures that raise the bar for officers to use force; give civilians a role in police discipline for the first time; restrict no-knock warrants; mandate body cameras; and open some allegations of police wrongdoing for public review.
    Was talking to buddy about this. I don't know everything that was in the bill of rights but he mentioned it did stipulate the timeline for investigation into issues...now he fears without that you're going to have precincts just sweeping shit under the rug if they can and no "official" rules dictate when an investigation has to happen.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Was talking to buddy about this. I don't know everything that was in the bill of rights but he mentioned it did stipulate the timeline for investigation into issues...now he fears without that you're going to have precincts just sweeping shit under the rug if they can and no "official" rules dictate when an investigation has to happen.
    this would be a big change of behavior from what they were currently doing so I see his concern

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    this would be a big change of behavior from what they were currently doing so I see his concern
    Current standard before it was tossed out gave them like 9 weeks or something stupid before being investigated? Way too much time to get their story straight or intimidate witnesses etc etc...but yeah now with it not being just rewritten and thrown out i'd have concern for even shadier stuff under the pretext of "but there's no rule saying we cant???"

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Not specifically about police but the court system also exacerbates issues and both are heavily interlinked.

https://www.theroot.com/ohio-court-s...son-1847451421

White woman embezzled $238,000 over 20 years, had 22 counts of theft in office: gets 2 years of probation. Black woman has 1 count of theft in office for $40,000: gets 18 months in prison, 6 more than the prosecutor was asking for. Both in the same court one day apart albeit with a different judge.