+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Police Reform - Don't Be A Karen About It

Every time someone says "Kill cops" and I try to come up with a fucking counter argument these fucking cops keep pulling the DUMBEST shit possible. Why do you make it so fucking hard to defend police? God, if I was an officer I'd be screaming at them saying "You are putting MY LIFE at risk by being fucking retarded". I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Every time someone says "Kill cops" and I try to come up with a fucking counter argument these fucking cops keep pulling the DUMBEST shit possible. Why do you make it so fucking hard to defend police? God, if I was an officer I'd be screaming at them saying "You are putting MY LIFE at risk by being fucking retarded". I don't understand.
    This is how I feel. I know lots of cops and the ones I know are legit good dudes, super stressed at what they do and putting themselves in dangerous situations to try to better their community and look down on these other cops pulling this shit...but everyone gets lumped together...then if you have a cop get attacked all the cops are gonna band together to protect him and now it's just all "us vs them" mentality and escalates.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    This is how I feel. I know lots of cops and the ones I know are legit good dudes, super stressed at what they do and putting themselves in dangerous situations to try to better their community and look down on these other cops pulling this shit...but everyone gets lumped together...then if you have a cop get attacked all the cops are gonna band together to protect him and now it's just all "us vs them" mentality and escalates.
    Wow I was just thinking of saying something like this. I just commented on some guy I followed on Instagram, trying to understand his opinion. He literally went all radical on me spamming "ACAB" (which I had to look up) and putting my posts in his story. He claims the police are an agency created by rich slave owners to control black people, and that all police are bastards. There are just some people you can't reason with. I personally know good people that are cops, that have little kids throw stones at them in bad neighborhoods as they just do their job trying to protect people.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

All cops are bad. Just like all liberals are bad. Amirite?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Wow I was just thinking of saying something like this. I just commented on some guy I followed on Instagram, trying to understand his opinion. He literally went all radical on me spamming "ACAB" (which I had to look up) and putting my posts in his story. He claims the police are an agency created by rich slave owners to control black people, and that all police are bastards. There are just some people you can't reason with. I personally know good people that are cops, that have little kids throw stones at them in bad neighborhoods as they just do their job trying to protect people.
    I mean...yes?

It's not like black people used to be property and the cops were used to "protect private property" insofar as rounding up slaves who escaped plantations or anything like that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

How dare someone say something factually correct

https://lawenforcementmuseum.org/201...ican-policing/

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

He thinks they still are for that purpose, was my point. Some conspiracy claiming all cops are part of the organization used to oppress people with violence.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, one of the fundamentals of a successful modern society is that the state holds a monopoly on violence.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly_on_violence

Domestically, the police are the dispensaries of state-sanctioned violence. This is almost their entire purpose.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Oh boy, here we go with the defensiveness. Look, my point is, not all cops are bad people. This guy decided to attack me because I said that and come and say all cops are bastards. So your idea is to disband all cops (keep in mind all established civilizations have a form of law enforcement) and who defends the people then?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

He thinks they still are for that purpose, was my point. Some conspiracy claiming all cops are part of the organization used to oppress people with violence.
    It's called systematic, deep rooted racism for a reason. Obviously not all cops 100% are specifically targeting people of colour, probably no where close to the majority of cops, but even between the good and bad ones there's no denying a blatant bias whether it's intentional or subconscious

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I wouldn't disagree with that, there are many reasons for why that exists right now. I'm just simply saying not all cops are bad. I use personal experience to also back that up. Situations like this are horrible, but when they lump all cops into the same mindset, it isn't fair. I am seeing it in a lot of peoples feeds right now, its a little alarming. I highly doubt even 70% of the current police in this country, think that they are meant to oppress black people and use violence to achieve that. It seems really radical to think so. They never report on any of the good the police do, only situations like this that involve corrupt cops to rile people up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Sounds like something a stupid idiot would say.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yes he was a stupid idiot, just another radical.

Outside the WH: https://twitter.com/jakelubb/status/1266515935726383104

As for the cop stuff, I don't think many will disagree that there aren't legit good cops out there, but doing nothing out of fear of losing their job or having those NOT good turn on them still seems a strong enough deterrent to let all of this shittiness persist for as long as it has. I'd likely say this was on full display with the 3 other cops not getting the guy off Floyd's neck if you want to assume they weren't trash. Even looking past racism or the concept they're just there to protect rich people, there's no denying the job has also been a bully magnet.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

https://twitter.com/foxwoundband/sta...862447104?s=19

This can't be real can it? Lmao fucking kids

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

In clicking that, somehow tons of things pop up with the "ACAB" and anti-police stuff. I'm just curious, if people don't want police, what system should be in place to protect people? Or are they saying it to somehow reboot the police and they have methods to detect who these types of police are that kill others or are corrupt? Just curious because literally every governing country in the modern world has a police force or law enforcement.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

In clicking that, somehow tons of things pop up with the "ACAB" and anti-police stuff. I'm just curious, if people don't want police, what system should be in place to protect people? Or are they saying it to somehow reboot the police and they have methods to detect who these types of police are that kill others or are corrupt? Just curious because literally every governing country in the modern world has a police force or law enforcement.
    You start by abolishing prisons, especially women's prisons, and eliminate the concept of punishment for crimes, formulate a system based on education and involvement. Legalize all controlled substances and tax safe ones. Provide areas for addicts to use safely while weaning off of dangerous drugs.

Lastly, for what almost zero crime remains now that pigs can't patrol for drugs or get off on incarcerating minorities anymore, let the community handle it. Mass redistribution of wealth will be needed to empower smaller and impoverished communities to build them up to be able to though.

Capitalism guarantees none of this can ever happen though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Ooooh you've been trolling this whole time. Got it. That explains it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

There is a way to police without being a shit stain. Unfortunately the good cops continue to stand idly by and allow the bad ones to keep on keeping on.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    You start by abolishing prisons, especially women's prisons, and eliminate the concept of punishment for crimes, formulate a system based on education and involvement. Legalize all controlled substances and tax safe ones. Provide areas for addicts to use safely while weaning off of dangerous drugs.

Lastly, for what almost zero crime remains now that pigs can't patrol for drugs or get off on incarcerating minorities anymore, let the community handle it. Mass redistribution of wealth will be needed to empower smaller and impoverished communities to build them up to be able to though.

Capitalism guarantees none of this can ever happen though.
    God... mega cringe.

There is a way to police without being a shit stain. Unfortunately the good cops continue to stand idly by and allow the bad ones to keep on keeping on.
    What is your advice for institutions to police "without being a shit stain"? How do you identify these "bad cops" so that all the good cops can deal with them? Are all precincts in America at fault? These are really unpopular questions right now, but I'm just trying to understand peoples opinions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast