Closed Thread
Page 100 of 154 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 ... LastLast
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    When I first arrived in D.C. it was in the middle of the 2013 debt ceiling fight. I asked Dick Durbin why we were negotiating with the GOP over the shutdown instead of standing firm like they did to us.

He told me that unlike the Republicans, we had to care about whether or not people whose livelihoods were at stake.
    I was working in Charlie Rangel's office at this time and he left the office with a big sigh one day after coming back from the floor, and he said out loud "I don't understand why we can't just help people."

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    This comment aged SO WELL. All of an hour for you to get called out on your bullshit. Maybe even less than an hour clown. Guess what, he refused to answer. Good enough?
    he didnt refuse to answer lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heavencloud View Post
    he didnt refuse to answer lol
    He just didn't.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

He answered *a* question.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

The Democratic governor of Kentucky and the Republican Secretary of State have agreed to a plan for the November election that includes no excuse absentee ballots and 3 weeks of early voting, including Saturdays.

Kentucky has always required strict rules for absentee ballots and has never had early voting.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    The Democratic governor of Kentucky and the Republican Secretary of State have agreed to a plan for the November election that includes no excuse absentee ballots and 3 weeks of early voting, including Saturdays.

Kentucky has always required strict rules for absentee ballots and has never had early voting.
    How did the turtle let this happen? Surely he would have put a stop to this

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    How did the turtle let this happen? Surely he would have put a stop to this
    Republicans are not against voting by mail, I know it's all over the news, but heavily misrepresented. The actual objection is sending ballots to everyone without verifying voter eligibility, having third parties pick up ballots, aka harvesting, and getting rid of signature verification.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    Republicans are not against voting by mail, I know it's all over the news, but heavily misrepresented. The actual objection is sending ballots to everyone without verifying voter eligibility, having third parties pick up ballots, aka harvesting, and getting rid of signature verification.
    Cool that explains why they put someone with special interests in charge of the post office, limited duty hours, are removing sorting equipment and mailboxes, and have demonized mail in voting.

Edit: oh I also forgot they totally passed the election security bill and kept the FEC untouched and also totally accepted the CARES bill that would fund the post office.

Get the fuck out.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Likewise, I’ve never heard Dems call for these items, but please do not go on

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

I can easily suggest that Dem controlled states conspired to suppress votes via mandate by closing down locations where normally voting happens. Schools and churches. Makes just as much sense.

And I don't know how you never heard of it until just now, democratic governors are literally passing these measures almost on a daily basis.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sure you can easily suggest it, but you'd be making shit up.

Whereas Trump literally admitted to it.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I'm done engaging with you guartz. You're a bad faith arguer who is only allowed to stick around without a ban because you're just smart enough to say and do all the right things but frankly I see right through your shit and I'm sick of it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

You take a policy disagreement about an 11th hour change to our election system and turn it into a conspiracy and I'm the bad faith arguer.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

1. Trump believes that the USPS is losing money because it delivers packages for Amazon below cost. USPS makes money on packages, including Amazon. It loses money delivering letters at a flat rate because stamps cover both inter-neighborhood and cross-country freight. But changing flat rate postage for letters doesn't stick it to Bezos who is richer than Trump and runs the nasty WaPo.

2. Trump wants to fund USPS in the next relief bill if Democrats will approve some of his priorities. Since the USPS is established by law, demanding concessions to keep it functioning is not a legitimate bargain. What if Joe Biden demands concessions to honor the Hyde Amendment in return for overturning Citizens United?

sending ballots to everyone without verifying voter eligibility
    Except ballots wouldn't get sent to everyone they would get sent to people verified eligible at their registered address.

having third parties pick up ballots
    If only there was a government funded institution that could handle pick up and delivery of the ballots. HMMMM

and getting rid of signature verification
    I have heard literally nothing from the Democrats about why this is necessary and I'm going to attribute it to you pulling crap out of your ass to make it seem like you have a non-existent point.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    1. Trump believes that the USPS is losing money because it delivers packages for Amazon below cost. USPS makes money on packages, including Amazon. It loses money delivering letters at a flat rate because stamps cover both inter-neighborhood and cross-country freight. But changing flat rate postage for letters doesn't stick it to Bezos who is richer than Trump and runs the nasty WaPo.

2. Trump wants to fund USPS in the next relief bill if Democrats will approve some of his priorities. Since the USPS is established by law, demanding concessions to keep it functioning is not a legitimate bargain. What if Joe Biden demands concessions to honor the Hyde Amendment in return for overturning Citizens United?

Except ballots wouldn't get sent to everyone they would get sent to people verified eligible at their registered address.

If only there was a government funded institution that could handle pick up and delivery of the ballots. HMMMM

I have heard literally nothing from the Democrats about why this is necessary and I'm going to attribute it to you pulling crap out of your ass to make it seem like you have a non-existent point.

California's original suggestion for vote by mail included sending ballots to unregistered voters, republicans balked with Trump criticizing it and the language was changed which led to a bipartisan support and the bill passed.

Here is a group in PA trying to get rid of signature verification
    https://www.post-gazette.com/news/po...s/202008070140

Here is an NPR article talking about other lawsuits to change signature verification
    https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/86504...enge-old-rules

"Dozens of lawsuits have been filed so far, with Democrats seeking to remove mail-in voting restrictions that they say are burdensome and unconstitutional, and Republicans trying to preserve laws they say protect against voter fraud."

Maybe just google shit before calling me a liar?

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

California's original suggestion for vote by mail included sending ballots to unregistered voters, republicans balked with Trump criticizing it and the language was changed which led to a bipartisan support and the bill passed.

Here is a group in PA trying to get rid of signature verification
    https://www.post-gazette.com/news/po...s/202008070140

Here is an NPR article talking about other lawsuits to change signature verification
    https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/86504...enge-old-rules

"Dozens of lawsuits have been filed so far, with Democrats seeking to remove mail-in voting restrictions that they say are burdensome and unconstitutional, and Republicans trying to preserve laws they say protect against voter fraud."

Maybe just google shit before calling me a liar?
    Did you read your own links?

The suit, filed by the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania, the Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh and two individual voters, seeks to force election officials to give voters the chance to fix ballots that are either missing signatures, or where there’s a perceived signature mismatch. The suit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, also names Allegheny County as a defendant.

No where does it say get rid of signatures in the article.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

You are right, it's my interpretation. Without expanding the cutoff dates, which probably won't happen. Should the lawsuits be successful it ends signature verification. Without doing it in person there is no other logistical way of doing it.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

So you are a liar.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You know that signature verification is a fucking joke, right? People who do it for a living need at least 10 samples to account for normal variations; what makes you think that untrained poll workers can do it with two? It is a stupid argument made by stupid people.