Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Anyone watching the showcase?

None combat demo is up on PS5, and will be on all platforms later.

Also some RE:Verse PUBG like game (shooter).

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This "showcase" was not great. It was basically just a trailer and release date for VIII. Which I don't mind, but it could have been 15 minutes shorter.

Release an exclusive demo on a system nobody has. Genius.

I was really hoping for something regarding RE4 remake. But I'll definitely buy REVIII day one. It's a day before my birthday too. Usually I get a Marvel movie every year, but this year I get a RE game. Neat.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

You can tell this was supposed to be a few moments during a video game press conference that didn't happen cause of corona, so they did their own little event where it took 30min of my time instead of 4min in the middle of the Sony conference.

I didn't not like what I saw, but gdi you didn't need to hype it like this. My expectations before this were at a good spot, I saw they did an event and I got super excited, and then I watched it and realized I should have just maintained my expectations lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

In today’s Resident Evil Showcase digital program, Capcom unveiled key details about its highly anticipated survival horror title Resident Evil Village, the eighth main entry in the genre-defining Resident Evil franchise. Capcom confirmed Resident Evil Village will be available worldwide May 7, 2021 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and Steam, alongside the newly revealed PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platform options.

Resident Evil Village will be eligible to upgrade from PlayStation 4 to the digital PlayStation 5 version and will support Smart Delivery for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles. New details were also shared with the first extended gameplay footage showcase, along with the announcement of the multiplayer Resident Evil Re:Verse game to celebrate the franchise’s 25th anniversary. Starting today, pre-orders kick off and PlayStation 5 owners can get a sneak peek of the mysterious, beautiful Castle Dimitrescu in Resident Evil Village with the stand-alone Maiden demo.

Resident Evil Village continues the story of Ethan Winters, first set in motion in Resident Evil 7 biohazard. The latest entry combines pulse-pounding action with signature survival horror gameplay synonymous with the Resident Evil series. In today’s first extensive look at gameplay, the development team revealed several new details including some features which harken back to fan-favorite elements from previous Resident Evil games. Protagonist Ethan will now be able to purchase and sell items, buy recipes for crafting, and customize weapons with a merchant dubbed “The Duke.” Using materials found throughout the game, he will be able to craft invaluable consumables needed to survive the terrors of the village. Utilizing these provisions will also involve more strategic planning, with a revised inventory system based on space management that may be familiar to series fans.

The diverse cast of enemies appearing in today’s digital program are just a few revealed from Resident Evil Village so far. Ethan will face off against many threats such as fast-moving creatures that relentlessly stalk him and Lady Dimitrescu’s mysterious daughters who can transform into swarms of insects. The game’s disparate lineup of adversaries will have their own distinctive ways of attacking, so players will need to adapt their strategies with quick decisions on when to attack, guard or flee in order to survive. Ethan has a new kick move in his arsenal to create distance from enemies and buy precious time to decide his next move.

Starting today, PlayStation 5 owners can get an exclusive sneak peek of the castle area from Resident Evil Village with the Maiden demo. This stand-alone experience is separate, but showcases the stunning visuals and 3D Audio that await in the main game. As the Maiden, players will need to rely solely on their wits to make their escape in this tension-filled demo, as they’ll have no way to fight or defend themselves. A separate new demo for all platforms will be available later this spring.
    https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...LLAGEFULLGAMEX - PS5 Maiden demo

Spoiler: show
    Pre-orders for Resident Evil Village start today, with options for digital and physical Standard and Deluxe Editions and a physical Collector’s Edition. The Deluxe Edition includes the base game and a digital “Trauma Pack,” which consists of additional in-game content including a Samurai Edge weapon, Resident Evil 7 biohazard inspired found footage screen filter and tape recorder save point options, immediate access to an especially challenging difficulty setting, and more. The physical Collector’s Edition includes the digital Deluxe Edition content plus a striking statue of franchise veteran Chris Redfield, a SteelBook case, art book, and a cloth map of the village with key art printed on the reverse side.
    https://www.residentevil.com/village/us/product/

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

https://twitter.com/CmdrCreed/status...109266438?s=19

God I couldn't put my finger on it but totally lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And for those that won't watch everything: new 60-min demo coming on all platforms May 1-2 depending on the region and will be available for a day I think

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Any links that aren't broken that are (still) selling this collectors edition?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I take that as a no.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Lol @ me thinking this was a ps5 exclusive game all this time.

I liked the demo and overall atmosphere. I also ended up buying resident evil 7 (been putting it off since I don’t have VR) and loving it so far as well. Rock solid atmosphere.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I don't blame you. Everything from some companies seems to be a PS5 exclusive for at least a year.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Early reviews are quite sound. They raise one point though, "Normal" difficulty appears to be rather easy compared to normal in Resident Evil 7. So those who are planning to start may try Hardcore.

Apparently the game turns more into a Call of duty'ish action towards the very end. Several reviewers criticized this but I suppose a change of pace could be even better.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

People compare it to RE4, which isn't bad but it ain't exactly survival horror.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Yeah, looking at the Demo it seems pretty likely that this game was made with RE4 Remake assets in mind. There's so much stuff in Village that can be reused for RE4R like the grid menu and enemies using weapons, just like RE7's was reused for RE2R and 3R.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Yeah RE4 isn't survival horror to me. I thought this game was supposed to be more survival horror than RE7 with less ammo resources. BUt I guess not. Either way I am pretty excited for the game as I loved Re7 and if they can at least continue that same type of story telling and atmospheric levels I am all in.

The Baker family was pretty legit though. Not sure how they are going to top that. The first part of the game with the police officer and then avoiding Jack was great.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Unless I've caught the dumb, I can only buy the deluxe edition digitally. I just want standard on PS5. Tried buying standard and it says it's the PS5 upgrade that requires the disc. What the fuck.

Edit: Just bought it via PlayStation Store on my phone and it popped up in my library to download. Weird but whatever it's loading up.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag