RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My take is I still need to work on first game

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I would. I'm loving it so far. About 44 hours in, and only completed about 55% of the main game (haven't gotten into the DLC portion yet). Only annoying thing is inventory management if you're like me and try to pick up every fucking thing you see on the ground.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I think I was 20 hrs in? Been a while now. I don't remember how to properly fight anymore and everything is super hard haha

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Same; I started it maybe a year or two ago and put it down for reasons I can't remember. I think it was a "Seems like a good game; I'll get around to it when my brain can focus a bit more on it"

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I think I was 20 hrs in? Been a while now. I don't remember how to properly fight anymore and everything is super hard haha
    I'm in the same boat. Got to the first giraffe thing and stopped playing because I don't play on consoles much with my toddler. Now it's out for PC and I don't want to buy it a second time.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Played through it a couple weeks ago, still need to go back and play Frozen Lands (need to be at least level 30), and the story is quite depressing. Good to see another Lance Reddick role, though.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You guys making me wanna start a new game. Not only is the game beautiful but I absolutely LOVE the battle mechanics in this game.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

My favorite game of the ps4, possibly even the entire last gen. The lore had me so enthralled trying to figure out wtf happened to civilization.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I'm curious about the map size for the new game? For the first game, it covered parts of Colorado & Utah. This game is set in Utah, Nevada, and North California.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Got trolled by the video timer. It's 5 hours of landscape views for now, lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Glad I'm not the only one. Saw it was live, thought I had my time zones wrong and it was counting down from about 2 hours till the start.

Those zones look amazing.. the lighting wow

JESUS CHRIST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Looks great, but no release date mentioned doesn't have me hopeful for a 2021 release.

BG Level

Damn that looks good. Really digging the new traversal stuff.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

My biggest gripe playing through Zero Dawn right now was trying to make out what was a grabbable ledge and what wasn't, especially from an angle, so being able to see that using your focus alone is a huge QOL improvement for me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Looks great, but no release date mentioned doesn't have me hopeful for a 2021 release.
    They cannot commit to a release date.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05...orbidden-west/

We’re excited to share the very first gameplay reveal of Horizon Forbidden West with you on State of Play. This unique episode features 14 minutes of never-before-seen gameplay footage captured directly on the PlayStation 5 console, as well as a quick recap with Horizon’s Game Director Mathijs de Jonge and myself.

Horizon Forbidden West continues six months after the events of Horizon Zero Dawn. Aloy, a machine hunter, has travelled west to investigate a mysterious and deadly blight. In these uncharted lands, she will meet strange new tribes and encounter ever more deadly machines. Together with old friends and new companions, she must brave this dangerous frontier to find the answers she needs to save life on Earth.

In the State of Play gameplay footage, Aloy has sent her loyal friend Erend into the remains of San Francisco to recover an important artifact. But he quickly runs into trouble, encountering a rebel faction of the Tenakth tribe – vicious fighters who have somehow acquired the power to override machines. Aloy must cross the ruins and fight multiple enemies to rescue her friend and continue her journey.

This dangerous and unfamiliar land is full of challenges and threats, but Aloy will have new tools to help her on her way. The Pullcaster speeds up climbing, getting her quickly out of trouble; the Shieldwing allows her to safely descend from great heights (or surprise enemies from above); and with the Diving Mask, a whole new underwater world is open for exploration. Not to mention big upgrades to her Focus, which now shows areas that allow free-climbing and gives her the ability to override more machines for mounts or combat.

Speaking of combat, Horizon Forbidden West puts the emphasis on tactics and choice by giving the player a huge variety of weapons. Aloy’s trusty Spear is good for close combat and enables a new set of combos. Bows with specialized ammo types strip armor off machines to expose their weak spots. Adhesive grenades can be fired from slingshots, temporarily stalling foes. Plus many more, and all of them can be upgraded at a workbench.

Aloy won’t just be dealing with human enemies. The game also features a big new selection of deadly machines: Sunwings in the sky, Clawstriders and Tremortusks on land, Snapmaws and the smaller (yet not to be underestimated) Burrowers in the water. That’s only the beginning, as many more will be revealed throughout the massive open world of Horizon Forbidden West. You’ll have to be smart and creative to take them all down.

Thanks for watching our Horizon Forbidden West gameplay reveal! We don’t have an exact release date yet, but development is on track and we’ll have an update for you very soon.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Nah. I'll believe that is actually gameplay when I see it. It looks too good and entirely pre-rendered cinematic.

BG Level

looks fantastic, can't wait.

given what some studios were able to squeeze out of the PS4 with The Last of Us Part 2 + God of War not surprised to see the graphical jump now that PS5 architecture is a little better known

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Nah. I'll believe that is actually gameplay when I see it. It looks too good and entirely pre-rendered cinematic.
    It's not all cinematic, but it's 100% a demonstration on rails. It's as much a demonstration of game play mechanics as tool-assisted game-run is a demonstration of game play mechanics. it's designed to look good, and remove any flaws/human error that could reduce the impact of the presentation.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag