+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Idk what it is about the art style, but it looks more like it's slipping into that uncanny valley style. Very pretty, but also the face art and animations look very fake. Maybe it's cause of the stream quality versus on a local machine, but aside from some particle effects it doesn't look much different than anything else that's come out on the PS4, except for a stable frame rate.

I guess I shouldn't expect more than that cause this still is technically a PS4 game, but still. It'll be a yearish into the new consoles by the time this comes out and I'm still kinda eh on the graphical side of the generation so far.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Aloy looks fat and stupid

BG Level

yall haters damn

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Look, I was gonna say it looks like Aloy gained some weight but that's kinda sexist so I'm just gonna say PS4 limitations are holding this first party game back cause a year into the new consoles and this game doesnt look like it's pushing the envelope all that much.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Graphics aren't going to be improving on some generational level like people seem to be expecting, especially given that raytracing performance on the new consoles sucks. Rasterized graphics have kind of hit a limit on how much better they can get.

Completely maxed out (ie full raytracing) Control is probably still the best looking game out there imo and that's 2 years old at this point.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Is this why we have to re-learn all of our abilities?

BG Level

Just make Tinker automatic or at worst a tier 1. I feel like if I only unlocked the things I actually wanted/used, I would have maybe unlocked about 40% of the stuff.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

For the last half or so, I only used two ammo types because the rest were either situational or just didn't live up to the hype. I used heavy arrow and teardown arrow. Seemed to be the most productive.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Graphics aren't going to be improving on some generational level like people seem to be expecting, especially given that raytracing performance on the new consoles sucks. Rasterized graphics have kind of hit a limit on how much better they can get.

Completely maxed out (ie full raytracing) Control is probably still the best looking game out there imo and that's 2 years old at this point.
    I was gonna make the comparison, but Control is years old at this point and I'd argue it looks just as good if not better than Horizon 2, aside from the particle effects and frame rate.

Control is technically impressive but its not a pretty game, it has a very limited color pallete, which also helps it achieve what it does. Horizon is beautifully crafted. Graphical comparisons these days are very subjective and also depends on what is being compared. People say graphics and everyone means something totally different every time.

The jump in quality from Horizon 1 to 2 is very noticeable when veiwing the video in 4k imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    For the last half or so, I only used two ammo types because the rest were either situational or just didn't live up to the hype. I used heavy arrow and teardown arrow. Seemed to be the most productive.
    Bows were pretty much exclusively those two, but the tie-down shots and the various sling shots are invaluable on the higher difficulties. Unless you like needlessly 10-20 min fights, it's almost always worth it to knock off armor, freeze, then triple-shot vulnerable point, or if it moves too much/fast then tie-down after freeze and then triple-shot vulnerable point. Throw in some explosive or fire slingshots for variation, or if the vulnerable spot is harder to immediately get to.

I just hope for the new game they do something about the armor. After getting the relic armor it just wasn't worth it to use anything else. Virtually nothing hit me often enough the shield couldn't handle the dmg, so I didn't even bother seeing if any of the expansion armors were worth using. Then there are no mods on it which made all the armor mods useless, and you can't improve it in NG+(+) like you could with everything else, meh.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hey man pandemic has been tough on us all

Looking forward to this as well, played the first one recently and loved it. Pretty much all I want is more machines, mobility and spear options. The world looks great and of course the story is a no brainer.

And yeah I used a lot of ammo in my playthrough, definitely not enough to just stick to bows. Full handling rope caster is amazing, corruption ammo + stealth, ice ammo + bomb sling absolutely rips shit apart, high handling tripcaster, various bombs + stealth. Bow was great for cleaning up but unless it was the DLC version it just doesn't do enough damage. Armour was an issue after getting shield weaver, aside from stealth armour which was my main go to aside, and maybe thunder res armour + stormslinger (but there's no need for that risk with everything else you have).

I think the only disappointments I had from the first game were the rewards from the collectibles you find being absolute shit, that and the nightmare that was my inventory.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I mean her face does seem a bit off from the first game.

Also LOL @ the free speech comment when people are getting shitcanned for "problematic" tweets/views/etc.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's amazing to see anyone seriously use this argument lol

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

There's side by side pics on reddit and she doesn't look too far off but she doesn't look aged either. Just thicker in her face like she's fatter but no where else and she just looks dumpy/derpy. Great game with a poorer looking lead character. I liked the child aloy best.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I liked the child aloy best.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I can’t even remotely understand complaining about her face being widened a little.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post

It's amazing to see anyone seriously use this argument lol
    Unrelated but I loved that ep

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag