+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We'll see some holdovers (I believe Cyberpunk is still going to be 60), but 70 is is clearly gonna be the new normal.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Getting closer and closer to that magical Chrono Trigger launch price.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Getting closer and closer to that magical Chrono Trigger launch price.
    only nominally of course, on an inflation-adjusted basis $70 is still a bargain!

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What was CT at launch?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Chrono Trigger was 80 bucks at release in the US.

There was other games in the 60-70 buck range, mostly RPGs because they needed the larger storage capacity so the cartridge cost more to produce. Also remember some of the Street Fighters being 70 or more

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    $70 seems to probably be the new pricing for games. I think EA already did it with oone of their sports games.
    The sports games being $70 despite making billions in micro-transactions is honestly peak EA. Those games could be F2P and still make more money than they ever need.

Anyway, not going to soapbox here but I stand by my statement, hard pass for me then, and I guess going forward I'm going to be a damn Coupon Clipper and just wait for sales lol *shrug*.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ya considering I have a backlog of like 20 games to play, I rarely buy anything day 1 anymore. And when I do I feel like i don't play them right away so it doesn't seem worth it. More reason I have to get the disc version, digitals don't go down in price as early as discs.

Will buy like FF16 Day 1 at thats about it lol

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Hard to tell on my phone at work, but was that the broken arch stone fixed when your raised up or is that Archstone still out of camera view?
    Vaati's trailer breakdown shows it's still broken.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

What are the chances this remake gets jacked up and doesn't capture the same magic of the original?

Ridill
    BG Level

I think they’ll stick the landing. DeS was pretty jank and can pretty much only improve with more modern ideas/tech. And if they don’t, well I still have my ps3. I actually have more faith in this other company making it rather than if From Software were remaking it.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I feel like the original had enough issues that I would never want to replay it after having played the Dark Souls games. So if anything this will update some of those problems and make it more enjoyable.

BG Level

Demon's Souls is great, i actually emulated it earlier this year, but ye From has dramatically improved their gameplay year over year, even DS1 feels janky compared to DSIII. have high confidence the glow up will result in a better game.

Ridill
    BG Level

The main problem/not problem with saying that From Software has improved gameplay game after game is that this game is being made by Bluepoint, not From. But also Bluepoint has a focus on remakes and they’re pretty good at it.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I mean, you'd think they would still borrow from the later games even if the game itself isn't being made by From.

BG Level

yuh it is the rather obvious move to borrow from the later games' improvements and the gameplay footage suggests that's the route they're going. won't know until we get hands on but everything seems a little less janky, little smoother, little quicker. they certainly dejanked SotC to a decent degree.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

For me, the most iconic element of Demon’s Souls is the way the title utilizes sound and music. Music is used sparingly, and fear builds within you from its absence, and a sense of loneliness and desperation creeps in. But the void left by the music is filled with sound, which surrounds you and envelops you. Every drop of water above you and creak of wood below you add to the tension and excitement. You wonder what caused those rocks ahead to fall, or what those wails are in the dark. The soundscape is both atmospheric and frightening, immersing you in this brutal and beautiful world.

Only when you face your greatest challenges, the horrific and terrifying bosses, does music burst onto the scene, creating the backdrop to an epic encounter. The music defines these unforgettable moments.

It’s not only the music that defines this world, but also the incredible characters that inhabit it. Some good, some bad, but all with a tale to tell. We were lucky enough to get many of our original voice cast back to take on their iconic roles, with all dialogue being rerecorded. It will be great to see players of the original game falling in love with their favorite characters and voices all over again.

Countless hours were spent adding thousands upon thousands of new sounds to the game, really bringing this world to life. These are the sounds of Boletaria that will disturb your dreams. Will you go mad from the incessant beating of the heart and the haunting singing in the Tower of Latria? And how many of you will find courage in the face of the skin-crawling skitterings of the Armored Spider deep in the belly of Stonefang?

Perhaps that courage will come from the music. We lavished as much attention to this as the game’s soundscape. We reimagined the original score by Shunsuke Kida, creating dramatic new arrangements of his wonderful themes. Everything was rerecorded at Air Studios in London, with a world-class orchestra and choir. You can even hear the famous pipe organ at Temple Church that adds a haunting backdrop to many of the tracks. 120 of the finest musicians in the world perform on this score. And we’re incredibly proud of it.

We’re happy to announce that we will be releasing the soundtrack to Demon’s Souls on digital platforms on November 26. A CD release by Milan Records will follow shortly thereafter. Or for those like myself who are old at heart, or just connoisseurs of older media, then you can enjoy this amazing soundtrack on vinyl with pre-orders scheduled to open in early December.

Gavin Moore- Creative Director, SIE Worldwide Studios External Development

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

*cries in Armored Core*

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Never had the chance to play this and have always wanted to. How does the map or world of this game look like? Is it more interconnected like DS1 or linear and weird like DS2?

BG Level

there's a central hub from which you port to five different worlds. all disconnected but the individual worlds are quite large.