Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PC/PS5/PS4) - Story-Driven Action Adventure - 2021

Developed by Ember Lab
    A story-driven action-adventure, the game seamlessly blends narrative with exploration, puzzle-solving, and fast-paced combat for a beautiful, immersive journey. Kena: Bridge of Spirits is slated to debut in time for the 2020 holiday season.

This gorgeous adventure takes players on a journey of self-discovery as Kena restores balance to an ancient village in a once-thriving environment. Players take on the role of Kena, a young Spirit Guide on a quest to uncover the mysterious story surrounding the demise of the village. Using her staff and the help of her collection of tiny companions known as the Rot, the player will disarm adversaries, unlock new skills, uncover secrets, and restore the beauty of the land.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits is the first game from Ember Lab, a small indie studio that honed its skills creating character-driven animated commercials and branded game apps for clients such as Coca-Cola, Major League Baseball, and Hisense. The studio was formed in 2009 by brothers Josh and Mike Grier with the mission to tell great stories with universal appeal. Ember Lab is a tight-knit team of 14 that seeks out and collaborates with emerging talent and developers worldwide.

Many in the game industry may know the studio for Majora’s Mask – Terrible Fate, a short fan film released in 2016 that explored the dark origin story of the Skull Kid. The short combines real-world locations and CG characters. It has been viewed more than 20 million times across YouTube and Facebook and has been praised as one of the best game-inspired fan films.

Ember Lab also released an original sci-fi/fantasy short film titled Dust. The film was named Best Film at DragonCon; Best Sci-Fi by Hollyshorts; Best VFX, Best Art Direction, Best Cinematography and Best of Fest at Filmquest; and is a Worldfest Remi Award Winner.

One of the most unique aspects of the game revolves around enhancing Kena’s abilities with the help of her Rot companions. Building a bond with the Rot leads to a deeper, more organic combat and a nuanced skill evolution. Kena: Bridge of Spirits has been designed to take advantage of the PlayStation 5 hardware performance and DualSense controller. The game features immersive haptic feedback including simulated string resistance for Kena’s Spirit Bow.

“We’ve had this game concept for some time, and we’re finally able to bring our vision to life with the support from Sony and the capabilities of the new hardware,” said Mike Grier, chief creative officer of Ember Lab. “We want Kena: Bridge of Spirits to immerse the player in a detailed, fantastical world that feels real.”
    https://www.emberlab.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/EmberLab/featured
    https://www.epicgames.com/store/prod...f-spirits/home

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Delayed to 2021

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

So is anything coming out at launch for the Xbox?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

odd thread to ask in but a few things:
    AC:Valhalla
    Watch Dogs Legion
    Yakuza: LaD
    DMC5:SE
    Falconeer
    Gears Tactics
    Dirt 5
    probably a couple others I can't think of atm

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Asked in this thread because this and Halo were the two games that I remember seeing during the Xbox reveal "hypefest" awhile back and both are delayed. Got me to wondering how many other games announced then are also delayed, and what's actually going to come out on time.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

this isn't on xbox lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Didn't realize this came out Monday (despite following the game on PS) and the reviews seem very positive with some minor issues.

Best praise review I've seen is calling it This years best Zelda 35th anniversary gift

Metacritic has it currently sitting at 83 & 9.1.

I plan to get it, but I hear the physical release is supposed to be coming in November and I prefer physical over digital.

Anyone here played it yet?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Didn't realize this came out Monday (despite following the game on PS) and the reviews seem very positive with some minor issues.

Best praise review I've seen is calling it This years best Zelda 35th anniversary gift

Metacritic has it currently sitting at 83 & 9.1.

I plan to get it, but I hear the physical release is supposed to be coming in November and I prefer physical over digital.

I bought it on release but haven't gotten around to it yet cause of work. Can't wait to get to it this weekend.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Yeah i have it but haven't had time to sit down with it. I'll dig in this weekend and report back.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I played the first 90 minutes or so last night. A lot of fun so far, looking forward to getting back to it tonight.

Combat is light and easy (on Normal difficulty, at least), the Rot are cute and not in the way, which I was a little concerned about.

It very, very much feels like Pixar: The Game. Hints of maybe some darker things around the corner, but I would imagine it will stay pretty light hearted.

Was surprised to see a world map for some reason, although I don't think the map is that big. But it keeps getting bigger as I explore, so maybe.

Controls light and easy, some decent work with the haptic controls, but nothing too fancy (yet).

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's great to hear and covers quite a bit, thanks!

I ended up buying it as well, but I'll also have to wait until this weekend to dive in.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I played the first 90 minutes or so last night. A lot of fun so far, looking forward to getting back to it tonight.

Combat is light and easy (on Normal difficulty, at least), the Rot are cute and not in the way, which I was a little concerned about.

It very, very much feels like Pixar: The Game. Hints of maybe some darker things around the corner, but I would imagine it will stay pretty light hearted.

Was surprised to see a world map for some reason, although I don't think the map is that big. But it keeps getting bigger as I explore, so maybe.

Controls light and easy, some decent work with the haptic controls, but nothing too fancy (yet).
    Finally started this last night and this accurately describes my experience as well. I started on Normal as well and it feels pretty easy so far but I assume that will change as I get further in the game.

The biggest issue that I've had so far is trying to figure out camera sensitivity. I have it where I'm okay with it currently, but it can easily be set to being too fast/slow.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finally started this last night and this accurately describes my experience as well. I started on Normal as well and it feels pretty easy so far but I assume that will change as I get further in the game.
    I found the game relatively easy with a couple of exceptions, up until the last two bosses. Found a huge difficulty spike there. The dodge window seemed either inconsistent or was narrow enough it did not work for me. I had to reinvent my tactics - that had previously worked on every fight - completely for the second to last fight and somewhat for the last fight. Was far more frustrating than fun, which cast a negative light on my whole experience. Maybe other people will experience it differently.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That sounds a bit annoying for it to change so late in the game. I guess I'll leave it on Normal for now. I appreciate the heads up!