Closed Thread
Page 7 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    Well since you are all theory crafting about this guy, what if cops let him run. Now this guy knows he is going to jail for a long long time, what if he ran back home and killed his ex-wife who put him in jail for beating his kids.
    And what if in prison he turned his life around and found the cure for cancer after getting out?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ok Im gonna need a race theorists to explain to me how those cops are racist, because I can see how they used deadly force when they didn't necessarily need to, but how do we get to racism.
    Because when there is evidence that systematically cops react with deadly force to situations with black suspects that do not pose a threat, but do not react with deadly force to white suspects in similar or worse situations, that is evidence of wide spread implicit biases.

Do you know what we call a system with integrated biases? Discrimination.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BTW people like you are literally the reason critical race theory went off the deep end. When people like Wilderson saw the resistance to the simplest and easiest of things, they decided anti-blackness was an ontological condition of whiteness that they were never going to be able to fix.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

In a news conference the Fulton county DA said that after the shooting that the cop said, "I got him!" and the other officer actually stood on Brook's body while they waited for EMS to arrive. The piece of shit that shot him also kicked him while he was down. Apparently they have another video we have not seen. So have no more illusions that these were just cops following the book, tasers are considered lethal weapons in Georgia, etc. This cop just took this as an opportunity to kill a black man.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Because when there is evidence that systematically cops react with deadly force to situations with black suspects that do not pose a threat, but do not react with deadly force to white suspects in similar or worse situations, that is evidence of wide spread implicit biases.

Do you know what we call a system with integrated biases? Discrimination.
    99% of those cases cops are not found of wrong doing. Black people also have a lot more interactions with police, and this is important, this disparity happens largely in areas with black and democratic leadership. We all know how black police chiefs and black DAs hate their own people, right?

And what if in prison he turned his life around and found the cure for cancer after getting out?
    He turned his life around by drinking and driving to Mcdonalds and then fighting the police that tried to arrest him. It's safe to assume the guy isn't very smart.

BTW people like you are literally the reason critical race theory went off the deep end. When people like Wilderson saw the resistance to the simplest and easiest of things, they decided anti-blackness was an ontological condition of whiteness that they were never going to be able to fix.
    I think Noam Chomsky characterized it the best. It's psuedo scientists jealous of real science pretending to science.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    I absolutely just do not understand you. What do you stand to gain for defending the cops here? They got charged with murder. WHY?

There are so many other cases where you'd have a defensible stance. Why this one? Again, just why.

I know the answer by the way - it's politics. But why politicize this? WHY?????
    what? you're politicizing it. i asked a simple question that made you mad. that's cool. 10,000 deaths a year is the answer. if he had killed your family on his way to Wendy's would you be so sympathetic?

ive told too many families their loved one is dead because of subhumans like mr. brooks. 0 sympathy.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

We investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Remind me why it is that so many African Americans live in heavily policed urban areas?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Heavencloud View Post
    what? you're politicizing it. i asked a simple question that made you mad. that's cool. 10,000 deaths a year is the answer. if he had killed your family on his way to Wendy's would you be so sympathetic?

ive told too many families their loved one is dead because of subhumans like mr. brooks. 0 sympathy.
    Very fair and 100% understandable, cops still shouldn't kill people.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

99% of those cases cops are not found of wrong doing. .
    You get that this is a huge part of the issue, right? They get away with literal murder sometimes and are protected by other cops.

Do you seriously think Floyd's murderer's would have all been charged without the protests?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

99% of those cases cops are not found of wrong doing.
    You're arguing that the system, wherein cops cheer for cops caught murdering people on video and resign in protest when officers are disciplined for shoving septuagenarians to the ground and cracking their skulls open, is going to hold cops accountable?

Hmmm...

Black people also have a lot more interactions with police, and this is important, this disparity happens largely in areas with black and democratic leadership. We all know how black police chiefs and black DAs hate their own people, right?
    From Michael Harriot

"Also, sociologists know that crime is an economic phenomenon. Poor people commit more crime (It's a little more complicated because it correlates more to inequality) BUT... Being that white wealth is 10x black wealth, it makes sense that black commit more crime, right? Nope. The Bureau of Justice statistics indicates poor Hispanics and Blacks had lower rates of violence compared to poor whites (25.3 and 43.4 per 1000 vs 46.4)"

"There are 47 million black people in the US. Even if a different black person committed every murder, it means 99.989497% of black people DIDN'T commit a murder that year. That also means 99.994923% of white people didn't commit a murder. So its not 13 percent committing half the murders; .010% of black people are murderers and .005 percent of white people. If you add up all the crime, it means 94.6% of black people don't commit ANY crime in a given year and 95.8% of white people don't get arrested. So why are black people considered to be criminals? Because you're racist, Karen."

"See, it is a FACT that the people who are least affected by white supremacy and racism are the most likely to deny its existence. It is a FACT that white people are the only demographic in America that thinks there is LESS discrimination that there is. It is a FACT that whites really believe or don't care how police treat black people." (The Racial Confidence Gap in Police Performance survery from Aug/Sept 2016, Pew Research Center)

Also the reason why people talk about making police have residency requirements is precisely because most police don't come from or live in the areas they patrol.

He turned his life around by drinking and driving to Mcdonalds and then fighting the police that tried to arrest him. It's safe to assume the guy isn't very smart.
    1. I meant if he went to prison again after he ran away with the cops' taser.

2. You are pulling a random improbable counterfactual out of your ass, so I did the same.

I think Noam Chomsky characterized it the best. It's psuedo scientists jealous of real science pretending to science.
    Yee-haw, they can't use the scientific method to stop our racism so that means there is no legitimacy to our point!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Do you seriously think Floyd's murderer's would have all been charged without the protests?
    This is absolutely what a lot of people opposed to the protests think. They believe the system is almost entirely functional and fair and dismiss all evidence showing the contrary.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

From Michael Harriot

"Also, sociologists know that crime is an economic phenomenon. Poor people commit more crime (It's a little more complicated because it correlates more to inequality) BUT... Being that white wealth is 10x black wealth, it makes sense that black commit more crime, right? Nope. The Bureau of Justice statistics indicates poor Hispanics and Blacks had lower rates of violence compared to poor whites (25.3 and 43.4 per 1000 vs 46.4)"

"There are 47 million black people in the US. Even if a different black person committed every murder, it means 99.989497% of black people DIDN'T commit a murder that year. That also means 99.994923% of white people didn't commit a murder. So its not 13 percent committing half the murders; .010% of black people are murderers and .005 percent of white people. If you add up all the crime, it means 94.6% of black people don't commit ANY crime in a given year and 95.8% of white people don't get arrested. So why are black people considered to be criminals? Because you're racist, Karen."
    This isn't just misuse of statistics, this is statistic police brutality.

suppose 100% of apples are observed to be red in summer.

and did you just ye-haw Chompsky? Is he right winger now? I know Michael Moore is, so I can't really keep up anymore.

BG Level

I mean, the math checks out.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This isn't just misuse of statistics, this is statistic police brutality.

suppose 100% of apples are observed to be red in summer.
    No I'm pointing out you are misusing statistics. By pointing out that poor blacks commit less crime per capita, I'm explaining away your excuse that more lethal incidents happen because of more black and police interaction.

I'm point out that crime is an economic phenomena to also explain why you see these incidents happen in cities (that's where poorer people live) to explain away "BUT THE DEMS CONTROL THESE PLACES"

and did you just ye-haw Chompsky? Is he right winger now? I know Michael Moore is, so I can't really keep up anymore.
    No I'm making fun of your redneck misapplication of the difference between social sciences and STEM sciences as justification for denying the qualification of people with doctorates in understanding historical human interaction to explain the current state of human interaction and how to improve it.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

It's like he doesn't understand gerrymandering, redlining, sociology, [...] *20 minutes later* politics, medicine, or anything else.

It's obvious what the logical problems going on in his brain are right now.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Heavencloud View Post
    Last I checked, a DUI does not infact get you the death sentence. My ex wife was struck by a drunk driver and hurt severely, he had a ton of priors too and was a piece of shit. The system failed to lock him up but I didn't want the system to fucking murder him because of it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...avengers-tweet
    https://twitter.com/PlayAvengers/sta...1969193201665?

SE/Eidos took a pot shot at protesters that have defaced monuments. They have since apologized.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Read the fucking room Eidos...

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast