Page 8 of 151 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

that mean you be dead when they through

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Wow.. Aunt Jemima cancelled. Movies taken down, history being rewritten, statues destroyed or defaced. I wonder if they realize that literally no country is a saint and every single one has a past they can be called out on.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Wow.. Aunt Jemima cancelled. Movies taken down, history being rewritten, statues destroyed or defaced. I wonder if they realize that literally no country is a saint and every single one has a past they can be called out on.
    Yes, and other countries have a varying degree of realizing and trying to correct their past. Meanwhile a chunk of the USA celebrates its horrible past (flying Confederate flags/statues), denies it being a thing ("Slavery wasn't that bad") and attacks any leader who acknowledges we have an imperfect past (Obama's "Apology tour") but keep being a partisan hack.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm sure they do, but considering they're American companies and this is an American movement about (mostly) American problems...

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    Yes, and other countries have a varying degree of realizing and trying to correct their past. Meanwhile a chunk of the USA celebrates its horrible past (flying Confederate flags/statues), denies it being a thing ("Slavery wasn't that bad") and attacks any leader who acknowledges we have an imperfect past (Obama's "Apology tour") but keep being a partisan hack.
    Most/all other western nations have a huge problem with racism and the "celebration" of racism too, it's more with those countries that their media refuses to give airtime to racists, whereas our media is more than happy to air whatever gets the most money. Thus allowing them a platform.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Are you for real? Like do we really have to fucking explain everything? Do you really not understand?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

What history is being rewritten? I'm curious.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Guys, how can I know which syrup to get if it doesn't have a black woman's face on it? (sarcasm)

Company logos' lives matter.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Think of all the times Pepsi erased history by changing their logo.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Let's not forget Coke originally had cocaine in it. God, fuck those people for not honoring the original recipe that made them famous. THE HISTORY.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Dude you are not a liberal. Holy shit.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I won't lie, I had no idea Mrs Butterworth was problematic. Growing up all the commercials just had her as a syrup bottle. Just a little ole grandma as a mascot:
    https://pixy.org/470330/

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The only thing I have problems with are the censoring or changing of artistic expressions such as film. Yes, some old films made during a different era can have content we'd deem insensitive today, but they're important to our history and culture, they just need to be viewed as what they are, a product of their time. No one on BG has expressed such opinions, but people are straight getting butthurt at movies like Gone With the Wind. Nobody would deny their racist portrayals, but there is no reason for them to be removed or changed to fit modern sensibilities. When you're on the side of history thats "Burning books" so to speak, no matter how justified you think you are, you're on the wrong side. We ain't there yet, but censoring, altering, or removing of art is always the first step down a very bad path. (Again clarifying - This is not an opinion I've seen expressed on BG)

That said, some very important clarifications. Change is fine, making sure we don't repeat the "mistakes" of the past? A-Okay. For instance, a syrup label deciding "Maybe a name chosen in the 1800's deserved a once over, maybe times have changed" is okay in my book because i don't consider a brand label an Artistic expression or a "time capsule". These things don't upset me or offend me because I understand its completely normal.

As for statues, I'm of mixed opinion on Statues. It depends on who the statue is of. "He owned a slave" isn't enough reason for me, but I do believe there are people we should not have monuments too, even if I do believe their importance in our country should still be taught or remembered even if contextualized.

real americans buy actual maple syrup anyways, not that crappy pancake syrup that's just sugar water.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

They actually have expressed that. They are all for the cancel culture and changing history to fit todays expectations. I disagree with it and its far left agenda. While I dont care a private company caved in to pandering and will change their brand, i do care about important historical statues, texts or recordings like movies be changed to fit a modern far left agenda.

Yes I am a registered democrat actually, have no reason to lie. I dont tie all my opinions and views to one party though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

They actually have expressed that. They are all for the cancel culture and changing history to fit todays expectations. I disagree with it and its far left agenda. While I dont care a private company caved in to pandering and will change their brand, i do care about important historical statues, texts or recordings like movies be changed to fit a modern far left agenda.

Yes I am a registered democrat actually, have no reason to lie. I dont tie all my opinions and views to one party though.
    You have expressed roughly zero views that align with Democrats, and repeatedly express right wing propaganda rhetoric.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

People need to stop pussyfooting around. The far left on this board constantly gang up and harass anyone with a different view, so dont bother being nice to them and explaining their crazed responses. I can literally make one comment about a damn pancacke syrup character and get 5 people trying to shout me down lol. Yall forgot about Uncle Ben too, did him dirty.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

While I dont care a private company caved in to pandering and will change their brand,
    Wow.. Aunt Jemima cancelled.
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

One of the sadder parts of the Museum of the American Indian is their floor of branding that uses native american imagery.

The saddest part, of course, is the plot of the number of native Americans vs. time

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 151 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast