FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/19/88056...uring-pandemic

Whistleblower TSA Federal Security Director Jay Brainard alleges that the government failed to train and protect staff from the virus making staff potential virus transmiters.

He told NPR that the leadership of his agency failed to protect its staff from the pandemic, and as a result, allowed TSA employees to be "a significant carrier" for the spread of the coronavirus to airport travelers.

"We did not take adequate steps to make sure that we were not becoming carriers and spreaders of the virus ourselves," Brainard says. "I believe absolutely that that contributed to the spread of the coronavirus."

His allegations include that personal protective equipment was withheld from TSA employees, that local supervisors were not permitted to mandate masks, that the TSA failed to adequately execute contact tracing, and the TSA declined to require that employees change or sanitize gloves between passengers.

Brainard says that in mid-March, he and other security directors at TSA asked for help on masks and were rebuffed. When Brainard asked whether he could mandate his workforce wear masks, he was told this was not permissible.

When another federal security director asked in a March 12 email if the TSA could provide N-95 respirators masks they had in stock to employees, the request was denied without explanation.
    695 TSA employees have tested positive so far and has lead to five deaths.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.businessinsider.in/polit...w/76391742.cms

Fauci says the Trump administration recommended against wearing masks early on because of shortages for health professionals.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Wife is unable to get tested for COVID until Sunday because so many people are getting sick and getting tested. She still has a 101F fever. She went to the doctor yesterday and they tested her for everything else but couldn't test her for COVID because they were out of tests. They asked her to try Texas med clinics or Carenow, but they are packed until next week. Thanks Trump

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Kansas is now starting to see upticks and several new outbreaks since reopening. Hoorah!

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Wife is unable to get tested for COVID until Sunday because so many people are getting sick and getting tested. She still has a 101F fever. She went to the doctor yesterday and they tested her for everything else but couldn't test her for COVID because they were out of tests. They asked her to try Texas med clinics or Carenow, but they are packed until next week. Thanks Trump
    yay blame trump for your PCP not ordering enough tests
    there are more than enough tests. literally we are testing everyone who is getting admitted to the hospital

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Heavencloud View Post
    there are more than enough tests. literally we are testing everyone who is getting admitted to the hospital
    How much does that cost?

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

My experiences are also representative of everybody else's.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BG Level

Sorry guys, I once again agree with HC here but also disagree. As a person who has been personally ordering and collecting tests there is a difference between the kit and the test.

There are plenty of kits. The collection kit is a pretty standard wire swab for NP samples that then gets sent in either sterile saline or viral transport media. The problem isn't with the hospitals, it's with the labs that run the tests. They can't keep up with reagent supply in many cases, which makes test runs back up and increases the turnaround time.

To his credit he is right. We are literally testing everyone who gets admitted. It's part of the criteria now. You still have to jump through hoops to get it approved for collection but it's getting done.

It's NOT getting done outside of the hospital systems, so if your primary doesn't have the stuff they need to get more. HC can probably speak to billing practices inpatient more than I can but in an outpatient scenario you need to have very specific reasons for ordering the test and "maybe I have COVID" isn't it. Insurance companies are also not playing nice and will reject any claim they feel doesn't fit legitimate criteria for testing.

It fucking sucks.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

lol

maybe instead of just being potentially symptomatic, dimmy's wife can worsen and then be admitted and finally get a test (pending lab analysis)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    lol

maybe instead of just being potentially symptomatic, dimmy's wife can worsen and then be admitted and finally get a test
    Nah they'll swab people and test if it fits and they don't need to be admitted, at least that's how it's being done here. If they are being admitted, though, they HAVE to be tested.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I didn't mean to imply she must be admitted to be tested but rather at least if she's admitted she'll be tested.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    https://variety.com/2020/film/news/a...19-1234642047/

Most of AMC Theatres' locations will be opening up on July 15 with reduced seating capacity. As per the CEO, wearing a mask will not be required because it was deemed too political.
    https://www.boxofficepro.com/amc-masks/

AMC reverses stance on masks. They're required now.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I guess California is in good shape for collecting and processing tests. Tests are "free" (paid by taxpayer money at the cost of ~$50M/week) and open to all state residents. People showing symptoms or high risk groups can jump to the front of the line. The governor and mayors have been asking protesters to get tested.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Red cross is offering free antibody tests if you donate blood btw.

I went ahead and did it out of curiosity.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Why even reopen if your gonna require masks? Sitting through a 2 and half hour movie with a mask sounds fucking unbearable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Why even reopen if your gonna require masks? Sitting through a 2 and half hour movie with a mask sounds fucking unbearable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Most businesses, and cities, around where I live require masks to be worn for patrons being inside a building. Being in an enclosed space raises the risk for virus transmission.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Not sure if anyone has flown lately, my wife just had a work trip. Flew Burbank to SFO on Southwest, said there 10 people on the plane on the way there and 18 on the way back, the airports were ghost towns, almost all restaurants closed, nobody on the shuttle to the rental cars at SFO, etc

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

But really, the drive in movie theaters need to come back.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Most businesses, and cities, around where I live require masks to be worn for patrons being inside a building. Being in an enclosed space raises the risk for virus transmission.
    I mean I get it but why would anyone put themselves through that for what is supposed to be an enjoyable experience? I know avoid leaving the house as much as possible so I don't have to wear that shit.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 151 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast