+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

New Pokemon Snap (NSW) - April 30, 2021

Just announced today, coming for Switch!

Edit:

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

*checks date for april 1st*

They did it. They actually did it.

I'll admit. I'm pumped.

Oh my

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I wonder how they will let us export pictures really. I know the Switch has an in-game feature, but that's not as good as a raw image export.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

holy shit it's about fucking time

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm cautiously hyped. Hopefully, some actual care and effort goes into this game.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Huh, I wasn't sure if they'd stick with the arcade setup of the original with how it's all static and on-rails come an eventual Snap2, but I guess they did.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Friend and I were discussing that too. I personally think this game would not be as fun or charming without the on-rails "Time Limit" factor. I wouldn't be against multiple "Tracks/Paths" for each single stage though. You know, keep true to the original but actually expand and evolve the concept.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Holy buttfucking christ, this is amazing. Please don't be some epic troll.....please

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I wouldn't be against multiple "Tracks/Paths" for each single stage though. You know, keep true to the original but actually expand and evolve the concept.
    Multiple routes would work in keeping the general simplicity of the original, but also allowing more variety/gameplay without the devs having to expend resources on building whole new environment assets. The original game was so easily 100%'d during a 2-day rental period, so it'd be nice if they avoided that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'm cautiously optimistic about it still being a purely on rails experience. The original Pokemon Snap was fantastic, but maybe it has been so long its just rose tinted glasses. Either way I'm still excited for now!

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Multiple routes would work in keeping the general simplicity of the original, but also allowing more variety/gameplay without the devs having to expend resources on building whole new environment assets. The original game was so easily 100%'d during a 2-day rental period, so it'd be nice if they avoided that.
    original had multiple paths through some of the levels too which required using certain items/interacting with certain pokemon so 100% expect this to be the case in 2

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wasn't it simply just a small subsection near the end which opened up the next map? Been forever since I played the original.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was thinking that i do recall alternate "Endings", that opened up new levels, but I don't quite remember separate tracks.

I'm wondering how long this game can actually be. I'm really looking forward to it, but this may be a good case for a 10 hour $25 game or something. Normally I would argue game should be longer, but in this case I'm not really sure how they would do it without it getting extremely repetitive.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Releases April 30th.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Looks good, but I might wait and see how much there is to do first before buying. First game is.....very short.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

New Pokémon Snap is a previously announced video game in which players will take on the role of a budding Pokémon photographer in the Lental region. There they will work with Professor Mirror, the region’s expert, on an ecological survey to photograph Pokémon thriving in nature. The game will be available on April 30, 2021, on the Nintendo Switch family of systems.

Wild Pokémon thrive on the islands of the Lental region, where environments can differ greatly, making for a variety of habitats where different Pokémon expressions and behaviors can be observed. Players will be able to get their attention by playing a melody or throwing fluffruit. They’ll also be able to use an Illumina orb (an invention of Professor Mirror’s) on Pokémon to witness something out of the ordinary. They can even use their camera to run scans, which can help them find hidden Pokémon or inspect their surroundings. As players keep researching a course, their research level there will increase, and they may discover Pokémon acting in different ways. Trainers may even encounter Legendary Pokémon or Mythical Pokémon.

A photo’s score will be based on the subjects’ poses, how large they appear, how directly they’re facing the camera, and where they fall in frame. Each photo will get one to four stars, indicating how common or rare the behavior displayed is. Players will have to take many photos to fill out their Photodex, which is their collection of Pokémon photographs.

Photos taken while conducting research can also be saved to a personal album, which is separate from the Photodex. When a course is completed, players can use the re-snap function to adjust the brightness, blur, zoom, and other aspects of their recently snapped photos. After photos are saved to the personal album, a photo-editing mode will enable players to customize their photos with stickers, frames, and filters.

New Pokémon Snap also has several online features that enable players to share photos and compete with others around the world through ranking systems.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast