+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Just got wired the money for the house sale, so that near 11 month ordeal is done. Just nuked every single credit card, on hold with the bank for my car so I can authorize a payoff of that, and saturday I have to drive to the credit union that financed Astylla's car to drop off a check because those bastards won't do a payoff above 2400 over the phone and charge $20 or $25 for the privilege.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

nice fam. when my da went all i got were his dogtags, shoulda been born to more money eh

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    This comic book I ordered came in today!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    you are strong and wise and i am very proud of you

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Locked in a 3% rate and already approved on my mortgage application pending the appraisal. Hyped. This was one of the most stressful processes I've ever endured.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have been looking at houses for like 3 years now- it's so demoralizing and the prices keep going up

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Or realtor thinks we may be reaching a peak soon. Apparently mortgage applications have slowed, houses are starting to go without showings, and are going without offers. She said she hopes that it's just because of the holidays, graduations, etc. We're just about to put ours on the market.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Just got a call from my boss that we won a new contract I had done a presentation for. I'll be the lead consulting engineer (resident engineer) which means a promotion and I know my assignment for the next three years or so.

Was getting a little dicey there. They keep saying work is coming, but it's been very quiet.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Nice! Congrats

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Thanks.

I've realized that my easy ride being a senior/chief inspector is now done at the same time. Oh well.

Finally got my mom to get vaccinated after many months of negotiation since she had been indoctrinated by the Facebook conspiracy contingent. Which is great because Southern Nevada is royally fucking up on COVID containment.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Just got a $10,000/yr raise. Been at the company 3 months

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Grats!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Grats!
    Thanks! Closing on a house soon so can definitely use the extra pay lol

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Grats!!!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Grats!!!
    Thank you.

Another win for today:

Appraisal on house came in for EXACTLY what I’m paying for it.

I was slightly worried about it being lower because I’m paying 50k over asking (we really liked the house…lol).

Waiting for the bolt of lightning to strike me. I’m generally pretty unlucky.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Home appraisals are 110% circular horseshit and I am not sure why they are still a thing. Something is worth the money you are paying because someone (you) is willing to pay that much.

At least if there are multiple offers you can pretend that the market reached some kind of consensus, but with single offers that almost always appraise for the offer I just lol

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Guess I'll file this under Random Win. My Samsung Galaxy Buds from launch took a shit on me a few weeks ago, could barely get any volume out of them. Needed a new pair, and since I have significant hearing loss in my left ear as is due to Meniere's disease, didn't want anything super expensive, so decided to try Raycon. Ordered Astylla a pair as well as her buds grew legs. Was supposed to receive them on August 5th, and it kept getting delayed with a check back in 24 hours for a new shipping date. Give it a week and contact Raycon support, and they agree to re-ship the buds, and send them priority mail for me.

Get the notification last night that my new buds are on the way and will receive a shipping confirmation soon. Then this morning I get a text notification that the original shipment is to arrive today, and they did. So now I'm fully expecting to get a second set of headphones for free next week, so guess I'll just flip those and recoup my money. Thanks UPS.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Guess who is gonna have enough kids to field a starting basketball lineup? Two thumbs right here...

Had a vasectomy reversal in December 2019...wife went off birth control in May 2021...pregnant in July 2021.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Guess who is gonna have enough kids to field a starting basketball lineup? Two thumbs right here...

Had a vasectomy reversal in December 2019...wife went off birth control in May 2021...pregnant in July 2021.
    I read that as 'baseball' and thought FUCK THAT! Upon review I instead say congratulations!

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post

nice dude

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Go ahead and have another one after this one for the one I'll never have. Maybe it'll be twins! lol congrats man you certainly have your hands full.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag