Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

You know you're an adult when you can't fucking wait to go to the dentist to get your teeth cleaned. Covid + change in insurance has me like 8months behind.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I feel you. I can't wait to get back to the dentist. I know I have a cavity that needs filling and I think I may have a mini one on the other side.

lol, woke up and the pain is a bit higher now since the numbing shots fully wore off, but its still like a 1.5-2 on the pain scale even without the fakecedrin combo. the actual shots in the roof of the mouth were worse than this - the doctor was like "do de doo heres the numbing cream, nah fuck it im not gonna wait HERE COMES THE STABBER TRAIN ::immediately shoots the damn needle in without even looking practically and injecting within like 1 second, then does the other six areas all within like 10 seconds::

for comparison, my migraines are like a 4 to 6 on the pain scale for me when it's the 3-5 days a week ones, or sometimes an 8 if both sides strike and for some reason excedrin doesn't work, once every few months. makes me wonder if i actually have cluster headaches or something, since this isn't the first time i've had an operation where people prescribed opiates and were like "you're gonna need theeeeeem" and it turns out i was like "...this is it? this is barely anything though..." (other time was septoplasmy)

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Not sure if win or fail but going with win..

Got a new admin Sgt. this week and kind of nervous how things will play out.
    I've signed up most Wednesday and Thursdays for overtime this month and next.

Got a call in my house directly from the new Sgt. thinking I fucked up. Turns out he needs someone to work overtime this Wednesday so I agreed. I was known at my last position for working overtime a lot and here already have so I guess word got around.
    I was kind of looking forward to a Wednesday afternoon off but more money is good too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

After a series of setbacks resulting in a break of 5 months I am finally back to flying with 14 more Pilot in Command hours. One of my landings was at an unexpectedly windy weather, 18 knots crosswind! (which is beyond my limitation). 35 hours left until I can start working on my Night Rating and Instrument Rating. Hoping for 5 more hours this weekend.

Slowly handling ATPL examinations as well. Aircraft General Knowledge: Instrumentation exam was a beast, the curriculum was literally everything you'd see in a modern jet cockpit. I barely passed in with a 77, and with the relief treated myself with a tasty ice cream by the shore :D It is going to be a tough August with Mass & Balance, General Navigation, Principles of Flight and Flight Planning exams lined up. 4 more in September, but somewhat easier ones.

Ton's of reports that government public facing websites are being attacked starting last night (Still on going). Feels good when your system withstood the attacks. Nice to have these every once in a while so we have something to prove the need for security and our budget.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

About 3 months ago, I got a surprise notice to move out of my apartment due to renovations being done to the building. I was pretty upset and worried at first, but took the opportunity to look into buying a house. Today, those efforts finally paid off and the closing has been completed. My first time buying a house, I was super nervous, but now that it's over, I'm really glad I did it. I'll be moving in this weekend/next week.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Congrats dude, homeownership rules

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And by that he means it’s stressful, but it’s yours*

*in 360 payments

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I have been working to try to get better internet where I live in a very rural area. I have been emailing local and state representatives for a long time. Today I got a win. My state representative sent a letter to the USFS asking them to fast track any permits pertaining to installations necessary to bring high speed internet into the area. They also set up a meeting with SpaceX to find out a concrete timeline on when Starlink coverage will include the area where I live. I know it may seem small but to finally see something happening feels really good.

Oh also I accepted an offer for a new job and I start in two weeks. I was able to negotiate up from their initial offer by 12% which feels really good. Plus at this new job I am going to be able to learn a lot and advance my career.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    I have been working to try to get better internet where I live in a very rural area. I have been emailing local and state representatives for a long time. Today I got a win. My state representative sent a letter to the USFS asking them to fast track any permits pertaining to installations necessary to bring high speed internet into the area. They also set up a meeting with SpaceX to find out a concrete timeline on when Starlink coverage will include the area where I live. I know it may seem small but to finally see something happening feels really good.

Oh also I accepted an offer for a new job and I start in two weeks. I was able to negotiate up from their initial offer by 12% which feels really good. Plus at this new job I am going to be able to learn a lot and advance my career.
    Awesome news, congratulations on your new job!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Tomorrow is hubby and my ten year anniversary. Not doing much EXCEPT, our house officially went on the market today. We’ve already had 5 walkthroughs. Here’s to hopefully getting a bigger home as our shared anniversary gift.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    About 3 months ago, I got a surprise notice to move out of my apartment due to renovations being done to the building. I was pretty upset and worried at first, but took the opportunity to look into buying a house. Today, those efforts finally paid off and the closing has been completed. My first time buying a house, I was super nervous, but now that it's over, I'm really glad I did it. I'll be moving in this weekend/next week.
    Grate to both of you!

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Finally have fiber internet service available in my area

Going from my 60/month 400down/20up to 500/500 for 40 bucks once my current billing cycle for my current ISP is over. I have the option of gigabit, but for 75; I'd rather lower my bill than increase it. Still going to have much better than my current service

<-- jealous. I get ads all the time from ATT and others talking about gig speeds, then when you hit that check button....

ATT 50/month for 1 gig speeds "Click here"

Your area we can only give 1.5 mbs for 50 a month....

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    <-- jealous. I get ads all the time from ATT and others talking about gig speeds, then when you hit that check button....

ATT 50/month for 1 gig speeds "Click here"

Your area we can only give 1.5 mbs for 50 a month....
    Been waiting for fiber service since google fiber was announced. Hopefully you get some shit sooner rather than later available in your area, too.

Looking at the prices this is better than what they offer for 500/500, though their gig is about 5 bucks cheaper a month; so I'm satisfied I at least have an equivalent here now

Well.. i get 500 down / 20 up which is great overall, but it cost me 100+ a month so i really don't have much to bitch about in the speed area.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Here I am happy with 250/10 for 60 with Comcast.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Fuck Comcast. I was hoping for at least AT&T fiber when we built new (and I hate AT&T) but no luck. Almost three years in to our new house and the best I could get was Comcast, and the best they would do was gig down/50 up...if I wanted to pay $299 a month. That was with data caps too, because no competition so fuck you. Luckily Metronet rolled in and broke Comcast's stranglehold, so I got to drop them in Feb. I'm on 500mb symmetrical fiber now, with no data caps, for $60 a month.

Comcast fell all over themselves trying to keep me from canceling service. Suddenly when I was calling to cancel they could magically not only offer me symmetrical gigabit but for third of what they wanted to charge the month before. The poor rep had a hard time explaining how their $299 service was now $99 if I was willing to stay. Get fucked Comcast. I deeply enjoyed hearing a manager ask "What can we do to keep your business?". "Can you not be Comcast?" was a fun answer.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Oh I absolutely loathe comcast as well. Our apartment complex, they are the only option due to how old the wiring is, AT&T couldn't even guarantee 1.5mbps down. I've also had my fair share of yelling at them. My favorite bit with them is the account # is not tied to the user, it's tied to address. So when we moved into our current apartment, our account # got changed and somehow the primary e-mail got changed to the previous tenant. The only reason I figured that out was it was cheaper to have AT&T voice even though we didn't even use it bundled with our internet at the time, and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting the password reset on the voicemail. Two reps and a supervisor got an earful when I discovered also that my bill pay confirmations were also going to someone I had no clue as it contained the last 4 of my credit card on every transaction, so all of a sudden that user had my name, address, and last four. Pretty easy to pull a social hack of someone's information with just that information when dealing with a phone rep in a different country.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag