+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Randomly got pulled into a video meeting with some of the higher ups, 3500 bonus as a thank you for handling some shit the last few weeks (It's my job to handle them, i guess they just like how i did it.) Unexpected money is the best money.

Banned.

BG Level

No.....free money is the best money. Unexpected is pretty damn sweet too though congratulations.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Managed to cut my daughter’s hair and my own hair and they both turned out well. No like model level amazing, but for a regular cut they’re pretty good. I don’t think anyone would be able to tell they were done at home except actual hair dressers.

This is gonna save me so much money. Don’t worry, once my daughter actually wants to go to a hair dresser, I’ll take her. She’s only 8 though and doesn’t care about that yet. For me though, the method I found was pretty foolproof. And I’m old and fats, so I am satisfied with doing it myself from now on.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Thanks to covid and our state burning to the ground, averaged fifty an hour doing doordash this weekend. 639 in under 13 hours.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Managed to cut my daughter’s hair and my own hair and they both turned out well. No like model level amazing, but for a regular cut they’re pretty good. I don’t think anyone would be able to tell they were done at home except actual hair dressers.

This is gonna save me so much money. Don’t worry, once my daughter actually wants to go to a hair dresser, I’ll take her. She’s only 8 though and doesn’t care about that yet. For me though, the method I found was pretty foolproof. And I’m old and fats, so I am satisfied with doing it myself from now on.
    So I gave my son his second ever hair cut. Not great lol. Ate the $20 and had a barber buzz it a month or two later. Pretty sure I might do the next one myself since we're keeping it short. I have a wahl peanut I do my hair with but for him I need a 6 guard which the peanut doesn't have. Just gotta figure out how to blend and do the edging.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Friday salons and barbers are supposed to be available outdoor for our county. Of course with all the fucking wildfires going on, the air quality is absolutely fucking horrible right now so I guarantee that shit won't be open.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post

About 3 months into covid, we all had shaggy hair and were contemplating going to a barber. Instead, I bought some clippers (really hard to find good ones these days) and decided to give it a shot. I've cut my own hair 3 times now, and my two sons (5 & 2) I've cut twice. We gave my daughter (2) her first ever haircut a couple weeks ago, and my wife even got brave and asked me to cut her hair. Other than being a couple inches too short on my wife's, it's all gone really well. The clippers have more than paid for themselves now, and even after the pandemic I plan to continue cutting my own hair. I keep it so short that's it's really not hard to maintain.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I am terrified to cut my own hair. My hands were never steady to begin with as I found out when I took a class that involved doing circuit board soldering, so knowing my luck I'd wind up having to shave everything off.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

It's here

Edit: My wifi speeds, lol tf. My cable internet I just replaced was 400 down/20 up, 10ms ping hard wired for comparison

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Thanks to covid and quarantine, ended up doing a ton of haircuts under the bus so to speak. Got pretty good at dealing with what I had. I can do a ready amount in the Houston area right now if needed

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

EDD randomly closed my claim ~4 months ago even though I was still working part time at a reduced capacity due to COVID. I tried to reopen my claim but nothing happened and I didn't hear back from them. Just yesterday randomly I get an email from their system saying I have weeks available to certify. Apparently they reopened my claim and allowed me to certify for the missing weeks. Hurray.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Came face to face with a skunk last night and didn't get sprayed! *The dogs didn't get sprayed either*

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

That's a huge win.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Ever since school started I have been working insanely long hours not only with my own curriculum, but constantly answering phone calls/emails from other teachers and administrators to help them with all the tech programs.

Today I found out they're going to give me a bonus because of it and classifying me as a "Technical Coach."

Feels good to get some recognition for all I do.

When it comes to our house selling/buying journey:

All steps are basically done for both homes. Both came in at price for their appraisal values, so no stress with haggling there. All repairs were done in our home. The home we're purchasing requested they do a credit back for repairs. We sent the estimate over (about $3k), but tbh, whatever they counter with, we'll probably take as some of the items aren't extremely necessary, it would just be nice to have. So I have no worries about any kind of fight there.

Basically just in underwiting now which should be no problem whatsoever as we have excellent credit, no money issues, etc.

We get the keys in a little under three weeks. Our official day to move furniture will be three weeks from today, and that's when we'll finally get to sleep there!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I got a bonus and a promotion / title change for basically no reason (still doing the same job).

We also shipped software yesterday and this period after release and before bug reports is so nice.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My very sweet aunt sent me two birthday cards a week apart. I think she honestly may have forgotten she sent the first one because she never does that. Sent cash both times so I feel a little guilty lol but I’ll take it

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

GF is pregnant again !

*Checks forum title*

GRATS!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore