Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

...Astylla?

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    ...Astylla?
    Work and other stuff, whereas I have a four day weekend.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

So we've been trying to upgrade my phone and port over my wife's line for four days. It was an incredibly frustrating experience with technical glitches stopping us in our tracks at every turn.

Last night, day three, we got a Verizon agent named Compton. Compton was a fucking legend, and we finally got the transaction to complete this morning. New phone en route, and now we've got a Guy.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't check this thread enough, grats on that progress Proth!

Two big wins over the past week~.

I jumped on that $899 Vizio OLED TV from Best Buy back during their pre-Black Friday sale. They delivered it a few days later. I never thought anymore on it. Fast forward to last week and I check my account to see if I earned my Best Buy points yet for a certificate, but there was a notice that I needed to schedule my delivery. Get to looking around my account and it was never recorded that it was delivered. Looking through my email, I never got a confirmation that it was delivered, so guessing something wasn't done right on that end. It showed as paid, but the transaction was never completed, so no points, not in my order history, etc. I didn't bother correcting them, no guilt for a big business not keeping track of their inventory. I scheduled the delivery like it asked, and another TV got delivered. So 2 $1300 TVs for $950~.

Also got the promotion that was up for offer at work. 15% raise, extra week of vacation, and no more customer interaction beyond escalations when people get mad about their credit cards getting closed or disputes don't go their way.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Congrats on that promotion!

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I doubt most anyone here cares anymore but today is my ten year anniversary of my double lung transplant.

10:55pm Dec 3rd, 2010.

I’ll never forget that phone call. It was when I was leader of my own abyssea shell. We were doing some late night SMN burn grinding to get everyone’s sub jobs up to 50. Since starting the LS, I was always one of the main summoners for grinding so I never got a chance to leech and level up some of my sub jobs. That night though, my LS surprised me and told me that some of them had been leveling up their summoners so I could take a break. Just as I was about to go switch jobs to leech, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and saw it was my hospital. I was confused because it was so late. I was on a group Skype chat with like 16 of my members. I muted the mic and answered the phone.

Me- uhh....hello?
    Dr- Hi, is this Randy?
    Me- uhh....yeah. What’s this about
    Dr- Well, we got a pair of lungs here for you, if you’re well enough.
    I paused for maybe a second but it get like an hour.
    Me- Yeah, I’m fine
    Dr- Great, admitting will call you with the details.

After that, I unmuted my mic, told everyone what just happened and I said goodbye.

At this point I was in a daze so, I went to grab some clothes, I somehow only managed to grab 7 T-shirts. I packed up my electronics(laptop, external hard drive, PSP/Vita, and whatever gameboy I had at the time. Then, while waiting on my ride, I went into my bathroom, looked in my mirror and said goodbye to myself, after which, I just cried til my ride showed up.

It’s been a rocky ten years but I have never stopped being thankful for this gift of life. I know I’m a whiny cunt but that’s just how I vent. I was supposed to die so many times in these last ten years that I can’t even believe I made it this far. After brain damage, breaking my spine, constipation so bad that I was hours away from surgery, multiple times, and stage 4 cancer.

No matter what happens, I keep living. If I’m being completely honest I don’t believe I deserve to live. I had two friends who also had Cystic Fibrosis who passed away who were better than me in every single aspect but just because that’s what I believe, doesn’t mean I’m not thankful for every extra minute I’ve been given.

Like fuck, I got married to an insanely hot chick, who pole dances, is a nurse, and also suffers from a chronic disease, and she understands me completely. I bought a house, we even went to a fertility clinic and an adoption agency(sadly it was a no on both fronts).

Anyways. I just wanted to share that and explain how important being an organ donor is. If an asshole like me can get an extra ten years, think about how much more deserving other people are of that gift. Your child, your spouse, parents, any loved one.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

I remember your after transplant post in the real life pic thread. Congratulations man, this is a real win.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

That's fucking awesome and never let anyone tell you it isn't. Keep on truckin.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mayareira View Post
    I remember your after transplant post in the real life pic thread. Congratulations man, this is a real win.
    I should find that pic and do a before and after and see how much I’ve changed in ten years. My wife loves telling me that I lost my neck over the years

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

They upgraded the cell tower near my house and I just clocked 109mbps down and 8mbps up on my cell phone. This is a game changer since I live in a very rural area with no high speed internet.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    They upgraded the cell tower near my house and I just clocked 109mbps down and 8mbps up on my cell phone. This is a game changer since I live in a very rural area with no high speed internet.
    The vaccine is already taking effect...!

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    The vaccine is already taking effect...!
    My body is ready!

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

Getting this as a new tattoo, in roughly ten days. After that, I’m saving up and getting ffxi Myrrh but it’s been too long and it’ll be a good pick me up. Thoughts? Wouldn’t mind a heavier action post Smn Chocobo but can’t think or something that I like but it fits my Yoshi and Prinny.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Interviewed for a new job this week (same company, different role), got offered the job yesterday, a job I had tried for 18 months ago and didn't pass the interview on.

An enormously satisfying phone call to receive and one that (in the long term) should result in a greatly reduced stress level for me despite more responsibility.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

My company does not employ product managers, so I have slowly crept into being the product manager for three products by virtue of being responsive and willing to make decisions. It sucks and I work too much.

But now we are reorganizing my department and i was given a choice about which half I go with. I am going with the side that lets me discharge these product management responsibilities. Life is going to get way better.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

So, just thought this was kind of win that I doubt most care about but I do so.

Today marks my two year anniversary of being in remission. And in honour of that. Here is a photo of me after my second round of chemo, and a photo taken a few hours ago. I know I look like shit. I’m held together with string, and play dough at this point. I debated about putting this in the RL pic thread but the one I found hadn’t had a post in 2 years. Didn’t want to be a necroing dick.

Spoiler: show
    I was 130 pounds in this picture. I lost 50 pounds in 3 weeks.

I weigh about 190 pounds in this one and my body is destroyed from Chemo side effects. Also taking high dose prednisone every day will give you a bit of a fat face.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Now that's a difference. You look in near perfect health in the after pic!

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You're starting to look old. Congratulations!

/kidding. Keep fighting on Myrrh.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Awesome, Myrrh! Keep it up!

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Landed a job interview; not really a win yet, but if i do end up w/ the job, it'll be a major win

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag