Fenrir

grats cream, may you interview well

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    You're starting to look old. Congratulations!

/kidding. Keep fighting on Myrrh.
    I fully take that as an absolute compliment, considering the amount of fucking times I was supposed to die/died, I’m in awe that I’m 10 years into a double lung transplant, 2 years into a stage 4 cancer remission, and 5 years into a marriage. Now, I want grey hair. I feel I’ve earned a dope ass salt and pepper look.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

grats man! keep on keepin on.

good luck CS!

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Thanks. would be the only point in my life where I've actually had something going for me if I get this job.

My chances are going to come down to how much influence my friend has since I don't have any relevant experience and a shitty job history

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Thanks. would be the only point in my life where I've actually had something going for me if I get this job.

My chances are going to come down to how much influence my friend has since I don't have any relevant experience and a shitty job history
    Take it whenever you can. Sometimes this is the first key breakthrough leading to many more good jobs. Getting into the job market can require a bit of luck in conjunction with perseverance and hard work. I hope you get the job.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Take it whenever you can. Sometimes this is the first key breakthrough leading to many more good jobs. Getting into the job market can require a bit of luck in conjunction with perseverance and hard work. I hope you get the job.
    Thanks. It's only part time. 20 hours a week (i work 30 now) but with what i get paid in fast food, 20 hours a week at this place is more money than if i got a full 40 at dunkin so it's still a good step

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Good news for anyone in CA, on unemployment, that got hit by the suspension/verification wave.
    The 10 day deadline to get your shit sorted or get fucked, has been extended to 30 days. https://www.abc10.com/article/money/...8-af65c91be9d7
    I'm currently in the "wait to video call with a live agent" hell.

But the good news is I've finally come into the smartphone era. From a Nokia 6010 to a Samsung A21.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My Secret Lab Titan 2020 chair finally arrived after 2 months of it being in pre-order. This seat is worth every damn penny.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Assuming everything goes smooth with the background check, I got the job. Just depends on how quickly they are looking to fill the position and how long it takes for my social security card to come in (Will have to order a new one I don't have mine). It's a temporary position only, until July, but gets something that's not fast food/retail on my resume, so I'm all for it.

With my rent only being 450/month, plan is to use my final 2 months there for only putting towards rent only, would give me an 11 month buffer before I'd need another job; but I just looked it up, you can receive unemployment after temp work as long as you lose the job at no fault of your own, so I'm set for a bit

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Thanks to my brother and or his lawyer either being lazy, an idiot, scummy, or a mix of all three, they've not spoken with my Step Mother's lawyer who is in charge of executing the trust now for about a month. Due to this, as well as how long it's been since my father passed, the time line to hold up the trust has expired, and the house is being transferred to mine and my brothers name. Once that's done, I can get the damn thing sold and be done with this mess in hopefully another 4-6 weeks.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Jesus, this is like a 5 month ordeal almost, shit.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

For real, I seldom come in this thread but you've been talking about this situation for forever it seems. At least you've found the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Five months exactly next week since my dad passed. There's still a chance my brother can go retarded and say he doesn't want to sell, in which case it would get shoved into probate and he'd have to buy me out or sell, and I doubt he wants to go that route as he's got a shit ton of debt due to his divorce and alcoholism.

But then again I said that four months ago and all this happened because what he imagined our dad leaving us and what was left to us in reality were two completely different things.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

What I imagine now is him getting physical or even more petty in person.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I don't think he'll risk it. One it would cost him his cushy job at a non profit. Two, half the reason he's in debt is him and his soon to be ex wife got drunk and he tried to start a fight with her step father. He got his face caved in, then arrested and I think it was something like 10k for him to get bailed out.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It is bad form to lean too heavily into the "I told you so" dialogue in a long-term relationship because then you tally who told who what and who is right, which is exhausting overhead to live with.

However, I cannot resist getting this one out. I woke up between 3 and 6AM for all of 2017-2020 and my wife and I were in disagreement about whether it was the noise level at our apartment (me) or just me being stressed about work (her).

We bought a house and moved in two weeks ago. I have woken before 6AM zero times since then.

I FREAKING TOLD HER SO!

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I dont know if it's a win or a fail, but I didnt send an email I spent and hour writing to our team. Gonna sit on it a day or two. I feel better about it already.

This shit is so dumb.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    I dont know if it's a win or a fail, but I didnt send an email I spent and hour writing to our team. Gonna sit on it a day or two. I feel better about it already.

This shit is so dumb.
    This is always a win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag