+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    I dont know if it's a win or a fail, but I didnt send an email I spent and hour writing to our team. Gonna sit on it a day or two. I feel better about it already.

This shit is so dumb.
    One of the 1st things that I learned when it came to office politics, never EVER write an email angry. Always sit on a response for at least a day if the matter allows.

This is very much a win.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I think it was posting on BG that taught me that deleting a post is often better than posting it.

Our HR lady isn't allowed to give "Tax advice" for us, but she told me i should really read a certain hyperlink and read page two.

I go look at it and the city of Detroit tax filing was taken over by the state. Because of this, they are allowing the taxable income for Detroit to not be counted if you are not physically in Detroit when you earned the money. Thanks for COVID i only work about 20 days in Detroit last year, which means I got almost all my Detroit taxes refunded. I would say it was the easiest extra 800 dollars i made, but turbotax really hides that shit on you and it took me a good 30 mins to find it.

Either way, others should note, if you worked in a city that taxes income... might want to look closer if you were teleworking outside the city.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Our HR lady isn't allowed to give "Tax advice" for us, but she told me i should really read a certain hyperlink and read page two.

I go look at it and the city of Detroit tax filing was taken over by the state. Because of this, they are allowing the taxable income for Detroit to not be counted if you are not physically in Detroit when you earned the money. Thanks for COVID i only work about 20 days in Detroit last year, which means I got almost all my Detroit taxes refunded. I would say it was the easiest extra 800 dollars i made, but turbotax really hides that shit on you and it took me a good 30 mins to find it.

Either way, others should note, if you worked in a city that taxes income... might want to look closer if you were teleworking outside the city.
    Buying her lunch?

I will most likely never physically see her again (COVID), but I was planning on buying her a gift card for Starbucks. As that used to be our daily thing when we were back into the office.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Boss sent me some in-n-out giftcards and the package said $100 and came with a few cards, so I figured it was like 5 $20 cards. My boss messaged me today saying I was in luck because she meant to only send me $300. And I was like, "Wait what?" Checked the balance and they are 6 cards with $100 EACH on them. She insisted I keep all.

Here's to free In-n-Out for the next couple years.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Ugh

$600 giftcard!

for In and Out...

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

We love In-n-Out. ^^ Long time ago she asked what kind of food gift card places we would want and I said that one, since it is a place we go to regularly already.

BG Level

Brutal

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Back in December Astylla had a very minor fender bender where a person who had a green light for a turn decided to stop. Tap was so light that if she didn't have a front license plate, she wouldn't have even touched the car. Driver still throws a fit, wants insurance information so she obviously gives it to them. Just spoke with the insurance company as I noticed the claim was closed without a declaration of fault and confirmed they didn't even pay the person $500 bucks, so I'm pretty sure they not only lost money off of it assuming a $500 deductible, but also since it was so low, it's not reported to California DMV so no points and no increase to insurance costs.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

My 6 year old avocado tree I started from a seed started flowering this week, years ahead of schedule. it's def not ready for the stress and weight, but still cool and I can't wait to see how it pans out.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    My 6 year old avocado tree I started from a seed started flowering this week, years ahead of schedule. it's def not ready for the stress and weight, but still cool and I can't wait to see how it pans out.

Congratulations. Our bacon avocado tree we planted about 5 years ago flowered last year and this year but it hasn't produced any fruit yet. Our much older tree produces like crazy though and is amazing. Can't wait till the younger tree starts making fruit.

BG Level

I'm drowning in avocados over here it fuckin rules

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Avocados are one of the most disgusting things on the planet. If they accidentally put guacamole on my burrito when I asked them to leave it off I won't eat it.

Come at me.

BG Level

You have bad taste

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Avocados are one of the most disgusting things on the planet. If they accidentally put guacamole on my burrito when I asked them to leave it off I won't eat it.

Come at me.
    Where do you live?

I thought the same when I lived in CT. But the problem is, avocados have to be shipped and one of their major downsides is if it's too long or frozen it just sucks ass.

Now that I live in CA and can get fresh ones they are the most delicious things on the planet.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Come at me.
    you're a manly man

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Come at me.
    /s You are wrong, your tastes are wrong, and you should feel bad about that. /s

Avocados are one of the most delicious amazing foods in the world. Our freezer stays well stocked with guacamole from costco at all times for the off season and we enjoy fresh avocados when we have them.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Guess I'm joining Outlaw on the Avocado's suck train.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Avocado on toast with eggs n bacon is delicioussss

As long as you aren't being overcharged for it lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video