+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Mid 30's career change officially started.

Start the hybrid nursing program in fall.
    That's awesome. Actually been strongly considering going back into the field myself , did some medical assisting classes so know the basics and how to do injections, tb tests , manual bp/pulse/CPR , etc.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I remembered to plug in, update and start installing TLOU2 before the kids go to bed so I can play it while my wife is out at a concert.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Mid 30's career change officially started.

Start the hybrid nursing program in fall.
    This is awesome, I am confident that with such high demand in the industry the payoffs of your decision will be very positive financially.

Good luck on your career journey. Career change is bold, but it is a decision I strongly recommend to anybody as long as they are sure of their calling and skillset.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Signed up for a doordash class action a couple years ago. Figured maybe I'd get fifty bucks for it. Told them I wanted to just receive it via paypal so I wouldn't have to deal with a check. Just got a notice I've been paid, and was $1,408.57

Just in time to pay off a ticket Astylla got, my car registration, a lawyer fee for the bs with my brother and a couple of small bills.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Signed up for a doordash class action a couple years ago. Figured maybe I'd get fifty bucks for it. Told them I wanted to just receive it via paypal so I wouldn't have to deal with a check. Just got a notice I've been paid, and was $1,408.57

Just in time to pay off a ticket Astylla got, my car registration, a lawyer fee for the bs with my brother and a couple of small bills.
    Thanks for throwing me under the bus.
    It was a bullshit ticket , fucking almost $500 for using the carpool lane for maybe half a damn mile because I was trying to pass idiots going 50 mph on the freeway ugh.

CHP can fuck off.
    First ticket I've ever gotten.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    It was a bullshit ticket , fucking almost $500 for using the carpool lane for maybe half a damn mile because I was trying to pass idiots going 50 mph on the freeway ugh.

CHP can fuck off.

Lol, I've gotten more expensive ones, so don't feel bad

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I was 17, was driving home from traffic school that I had to attend for going 90mph in a 55...got pulled over for doing 80 in a 55

Was dating the DAs daughter at the time, no fines/charges but still, I was a fucking stupid kid.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Worst ticket for me was after going through a dui checkpoint, I lit a cig, and a cop followed me from the checkpoint. Managed to burn my hand and accidentally dropped it out the window and got popped for dropping a lit substance out the window.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Lol @ these "worst tickets" just being rightfully fined for breaking the law.

Only ticket I've ever gotten was when a cop somehow "saw" me roll through a stop sign despite being around a curve (and the fact that I came to a complete stop at the sign, even in the middle of the night with no other cars around. Seriously, my family makes fun of how careful I drive). To this day I maintain that my real crime was having out-of-state plates due to just having moved into town.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Man, I was about to be rightfully slammed for speeding through a construction zone when all of a sudden a truck in the opposite direction rear ended a car while he was rubbernecking. Cop told me to piss off and headed to the accident. I was stupid at 19 and don't deserve to drive with the attitude I had.

I mean I still don't drive but not because I'm a shithead driver.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I've been in the market for outdoor PoE security cameras for a bit and came across a commerce returns auction with 10 new/sealed hikvision cameras (each around $150) and an NVR (around $200).

Got all for about $400. I do not need 10 cameras, so after I flip a few on ebay or marketplace, I should have a really good setup for <$200.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post

Well shit I think it's time I sign up for those Roundup and Army hearing loss class action lawsuits lol.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post

CHP can fuck off.

Thanks for reinforcing my paranoia about touching the carpool lane by myself because I've absolutely thought it multiple times just to pass people.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Lol @ these "worst tickets" just being rightfully fined for breaking the law.
    BG's collective face when they break the law and someone sees

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

We're super understaffed at work, but I got a $5000 raise after getting a promotion and a $10k raise about a year ago. So, yay? I am now at the point as an adult where I am making decent money and more than I thought I'd be making in my life. But I'm going a bit crazy doing it, as management gets the extra work.

There is a hump. As you go higher, you get more work until a certain point. After you pass that hump, the workload decreases by a lot. My experience anyways. The people making the most money, normally have the most free time. The only bad thing is the amount of dumb fucking meetings you have to be in.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    We're super understaffed at work, but I got a $5000 raise after getting a promotion and a $10k raise about a year ago. So, yay? I am now at the point as an adult where I am making decent money and more than I thought I'd be making in my life. But I'm going a bit crazy doing it, as management gets the extra work.
    Congrats man!

How many hours a week are you logging though?

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    There is a hump. As you go higher, you get more work until a certain point. After you pass that hump, the workload decreases by a lot. My experience anyways. The people making the most money, normally have the most free time. The only bad thing is the amount of dumb fucking meetings you have to be in.
    Yeah, fuck this.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

That's my barrier about moving up - fucking meetings. I told my old manager that I enjoy doing hands on work more than sitting in an office. Hell I have seen managers and supervisors leave the company to get the hell away from the management chain even if it paid worse.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag