+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

...dude, seriously wtf

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

End of year bonus is going to cover the new TV I want plus a new office chair.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Today and yesterday were good days.

I finally sold my current house for more than I was asking. Especially great, because I was going to lower the price by nearly 10% after the new year. We are moving into our new home at the end of January and really didn't want to carry 2 mortgages. This will also allow us to get started on our home theater room and build out a bar in the basement, as well as buy all new home furnishings.

I also got one of my favorite shoes of all time today after wining a a raffle.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Walked out of microcenter with this guy today. Totally did not need. But I'm gonna sell my 2070 super and recoup some money.

[IMG]https://bucket.bluegartr.com/e1ddd37b1d10d73873d148814a77c627.jpg[ /IMG]
    Whelp walked out with an openbox G469 (same as the picture.) Only one they had left when I asked about the G468 (the website was wrong - no 468s in stock.) Savings went straight to a 2-year protection plan just in case - probably a waste of money but I drove 4 hours round trip for it so I had to be sure as heck about it.

MSI 3080-Ti with G-Skill RAM.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

My sister was offered by her company with the option to buy her leased laptop for $40. Only she's used it and for 2 months. Almost a brand new 8th gen i7 lenovo business laptop (with ssd and other good stuff of course)

She'll give it to me as she doesn't need it...couldn't be a better time as I was looking to buy a new one.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Got a new Router. Faster processor, double the speed on both bands. Connected my 4k tv and Playstation to it on the 5Ghz channel and it's working like a charm.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

All through the pandemic I've been getting hooked up with product deliveries. Ordered one pair of vans. Got my pair and a few days later got a 2nd of the exact same ones. Ordered some joggers and same thing. Got them and a few days later got duplicates. Then last week I ordered a new pair of Hoka shoes that I wear for work. 190$. This was last week and I get an email saying they were delivered but theyy weren't so I contact customer service and they were like "they were shipped to california for some reason" so they give me a full refund and then today I wake up and they are sitting outside my apartment.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

A multiverse version of yourself is very pissed they haven't gotten any of their deliveries.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    All through the pandemic I've been getting hooked up with product deliveries. Ordered one pair of vans. Got my pair and a few days later got a 2nd of the exact same ones. Ordered some joggers and same thing. Got them and a few days later got duplicates. Then last week I ordered a new pair of Hoka shoes that I wear for work. 190$. This was last week and I get an email saying they were delivered but theyy weren't so I contact customer service and they were like "they were shipped to california for some reason" so they give me a full refund and then today I wake up and they are sitting outside my apartment.
    I had that happen with a $160 gaming mouse I got for my daughter and felt like I won the damn lottery lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    Can I order some stuff and have it sent to you? For duplicating purposes...

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

yall didn't learn anything from the salvage bans smh

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Fail that turned into a win: So okay. Since my sister died, been trying to solve some major issues. One of them is I do not drive (UGH! Tired of having to bum rides!). I saved my covid relief money, and with Shadowneko's help I paid for some driving instruction along with defensive driving ('Neko is going to pay the insurance on the car and help me get a little Toyota which I appreciate, sweetie. I think it's a good idea to reduce his insurance bill and not to mention, double ugh, I swear drivers have gotten ruder since the pandemic)

Well, earlier this week, I finally got the driving instruction scheduled, it's next month but the school only has 2 driving instructors right now, so I can't be mad. I HATE their system tho, but I'm glad to have finally got that scheduled! Here's to me posting up car and actual Georgia Driver's License with stuff blocked out later guys!

Seriously this has been a unkillable RL HNM for me for a while ugh ugh. Didn't bother since I didn't have the means to get me something TO drive. This time, I'm determined to slay it!

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I finally go back to work tomorrow after being laid off May 1st last year. It's only part time but it's decently high paying for such. I've been taking classes, reupping my certs and preparing to go back to school since being let go. Hopefully start the nursing program in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    Fail that turned into a win: So okay. Since my sister died, been trying to solve some major issues. One of them is I do not drive (UGH! Tired of having to bum rides!). I saved my covid relief money, and with Shadowneko's help I paid for some driving instruction along with defensive driving ('Neko is going to pay the insurance on the car and help me get a little Toyota which I appreciate, sweetie. I think it's a good idea to reduce his insurance bill and not to mention, double ugh, I swear drivers have gotten ruder since the pandemic)

Well, earlier this week, I finally got the driving instruction scheduled, it's next month but the school only has 2 driving instructors right now, so I can't be mad. I HATE their system tho, but I'm glad to have finally got that scheduled! Here's to me posting up car and actual Georgia Driver's License with stuff blocked out later guys!

Seriously this has been a unkillable RL HNM for me for a while ugh ugh. Didn't bother since I didn't have the means to get me something TO drive. This time, I'm determined to slay it!
    Practice thoroughly at every opportunity and the driving test should be beyond manageable.

Back when I was first learning to drive, I also watched a driving exam from the UK, and honestly the United States has it very easy.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Driving by itself... not hard.

Driving WELL, that's another story. I've been driving for 18 years now (I started a bit late) but I consider myself a very good driver. The amount of potential accidents people almost cause is un-fucking-real. It's like an obstacle course out there. I have never hit anybody. I have been hit several times, every time it was the other person at fault. Drive at slow times, during rush hour, etc. Maybe not immediately when you're still learning, but it's important to drive through any and all situations. Drive through suburbs and the city. Go in backroads. Drive during the day and night. LED lights on these cars are bight as fuck and can really mess with you at night.

This is going to sound like some basic bitch advice. Use every opportunity to drive. Some people I know are scared to drive on parkways/thruways etc. Don't limit yourself. Everything will make you a better driver. Drive with as few distractions as possible. I know people say they won't use the phone. But DON'T USE THE PHONE. If you have spotify or a podcast you want to set up, do it before you drive, not during.

GET A DASHCAM. This has personally saved me from going from no fault > other drivers fault and not affect my insurance.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Odesserion; Once I have my own car I'll look into Georgia laws about dashcams and consider one. Since 'Neko is paying for the insurance, I don't want to make things worse for that sweet brother of mine. (That's ONE of the reasons I'm taking a defensive driving course as well. I don't want to be a pain on his USAA insurance!)

As for the phone, I am planning on turning it OFF while I'm driving unless I'm using it as a gps; accidents are not worth the distraction. (GA is a hands free state but..) I'm also going to avoid the freeway when I'm still a newbie at it, but once I feel more confident I'll attack it. My goal is to avoid the family curse of totaling at least one car with a new driver's license, so there's going to be some dry runs (no keys) and I'm proly gonna practice quite a bit in the target car (Neko's black Suberu Outback) before I go take the test. We're not going car hunting until I get the license.

And yes, some carpooling will happen; Douglasville is bad enough but driving into Atlanta is dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. I'd prolly REALLY need a dashcam then, tho for conventions it's often smarter to ride MARTA because of parking issues. (I mean to get a Breeze card ASAP if I go down there a lot.) Tho it may be a while before I go to the MARTA station alone, and you'd better believe "a can of mace" is on my Stuff I Need for Safety Reasons. (Some of the others are a first aid kit, jumper cables and a maglight.)

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Couple weeks ago my parents asked me if I wanted to go on a Scandinavian trip with them. Today they already bought the tickets. Free trip woo.

Anyone with Sweden/Norway/Denmark travel experience/tips lemme know anything I should know!

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Win for Shadowneko: After his recent job loss, he's been hunting for one. (Sorry about the fishing references, but that's how I think of job hunting.) Well, he got a bite and landed one! he starts next week, and he's still getting severance pay from his old job.

Yay for him!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    Win for Shadowneko: After his recent job loss, he's been hunting for one. (Sorry about the fishing references, but that's how I think of job hunting.) Well, he got a bite and landed one! he starts next week, and he's still getting severance pay from his old job.

Yay for him!
    Congratulations, wish him much success at his new job.

Couple weeks ago my parents asked me if I wanted to go on a Scandinavian trip with them. Today they already bought the tickets. Free trip woo.

Anyone with Sweden/Norway/Denmark travel experience/tips lemme know anything I should know!
    Northern Lights/Aurora from Tromso, perfect timing too they are good until late March and sometime into April.

Check Aurora forecast like below before you go for best timing.

https://www.norway-lights.com/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag