+ Reply to Thread
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Networking issues post update

So I'm having an issue that is absolutely driving me nuts. Right around the time the FFXIV 5.3 update, my Windows PC also updated to the Ver 2020 release of Windows 10. Ever since then, only on my PC, I've been having networking issues with online gaming.

I am able to connect, and for the most part if I don't do anything, I stay connected. However, any instances or activity tends to have me rubber banding or disconnecting multiple times. Other online games (Fortnite, etc.) are also having these sorts of issues, where I never had them before.

The most difficult thing to track down is that only this PC is having issues. Connecting my PS4 to either game seems quite stable. Even using remote play to play the PS4 on this PC is stable. Only actually running the software on the PC is causing the connection issues. It is normally hooked to a wired connection, and had recently been connected to the router via a network switch (it ran fine for a few weeks with this setup, and fine before that as well). Anyone have any ideas?

Things I've tried:

Updating Drivers
    DNS Flush and other refresh commands
    Clean Booting
    Adding particular settings in Registry
    Malwarebytes Scan
    Connecting via Wi-fi or a USB Ethernet Port

I'm at a loss. If it was just my internet, I'd have to deal, but the fact that my PS4 works fine has me at a loss.

It's a Dell Inspiron 3670, just over a year old. Been working fine for months.

Can anyone help a long time lurker BG friends?

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

You might have the funky little NCSI bug they put in!

https://support.umbrella.com/hc/en-u...llow-Triangle-

(it's for a cisco specific issue, we use Umbrella at work, but it addresses a very similar issue, try it?)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thanks, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the problem, or at least I'm not seeing how it could. I don't have any Cisco products on this PC, and the connectivity problems are real and not just a visual on the connection. On the contrary, all signs point to my connectivity being great until I actually try to do something.

Also I don't have gpedit on a Win10 Home PC, and I don't want to muck around with adding Reg Keys for something I don't have.

Thanks for the lead though!