Closed Thread
Page 7 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    The rest of the world curtailed the spread of the virus to levels manageable enough to reopen.

Incidentally, a lot of those places are now seeing large resurgences of the virus. Know what they're doing? CLOSING DOWN AGAIN. Like they should be.

We originally set those guidelines as well, but then reopened anyway when it became obvious people weren't going to listen and those goals would never be reached.

If we were going off of the guidance we originally set for places to reopen in basically every single state, none of these places would be open right now.
    Let's not do pages of disingenuous nonsense. They are opening far more successful than we are, and even when they do have a surge in cases, we're talking dozens or rarely hundreds, not tens of thousands a day like America is.

Yall need to stop acting like this virus can't be stopped and is ravaging the world with impunity. Its not, we have learned a lot and are in a much better position now than 6 months ago. Yes, even america who doesn't even have a national plan.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Let's not do pages of disingenuous nonsense. They are opening far more successful than we are, and even when they do have a surge in cases, we're talking dozens or rarely hundreds, not tens of thousands a day like America is.

Yall need to stop acting like this virus can't be stopped and is ravaging the world with impunity. Its not, we have learned a lot and are in a much better position now than 6 months ago. Yes, even america who doesn't even have a national plan.

NZ locked all the way down again for like a dozen cases dude. And these places are locking down again with hundreds. It sounds to me like you're more wanting to believe that they're being too heavy handed so you can keep going out and taking risky actions.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

https://globalnews.ca/news/7274373/n...own-extension/

The New Zealand leader said lockdown measures in Auckland, home to about 1.7 million people, and social distancing measures across the country that were imposed on Wednesday would remain in place for another 12 days.

Her swift action followed the discovery on Tuesday of the country’s first COVID-19 infections in 102 days, in a family in Auckland. Since then, officials have identified a total of 29 cases, all linked to the same cluster.
    So they get a couple cases, know the source of the cases, and still shut EVERYTHING down.

A bit excessive.

NZ locked all the way down again for like a dozen cases dude. And these places are locking down again with hundreds. It sounds to me like you're more wanting to believe that they're being too heavy handed so you can keep going out and taking risky actions.
    I mean...they are. Its not like they dont know the source, they know the new patient-zero, and could easily do contact tracing and subjective quarantine.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's not ravaging the world with impunity. It's ravaging America with impunity and yes, we are past the point of no return without widespread vaccination.

Sorry your desperation for normalcy has blinded you to that reality.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7274373/n...own-extension/

So they get a couple cases, know the source of the cases, and still shut EVERYTHING down.

A bit excessive.

I mean...they are. Its not like they dont know the source, they know the new patient-zero, and could easily do contact tracing and subjective quarantine.
    Yeah definitely excessive, who cares about the at-risk dying afterall right?

I'm done here, this is pissing me off too much. Absolutely unbelievable.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You've admitted to living in a completely isolated bubble, extremely OCD to the point you wash EVERY inch of groceries you buy, soooo

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

They also have a plan and went over 100 days without a case.

Youre telling local businesses to suck it up cause the feds won't do anything, which is unfair to ask of them when the government was what started the mandatory closures that got us here. No one is gonna leave money on the table or willingly go into homelessness just cause tymon thinks closing some gyms will get us to NZ levels of infection.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

We're 7 months deep into the pandemic here in America and have no plan in place for anything long-term to help support the vitamins or keep them financially supported or mentally stable so I'm rather meh when it comes to how people cope with this poor collapse of leaders from local counties to the federal level. Schools have forced people to return to campuses or lose their scholarships and grants/ tuition is still sky high even for those doing zoom classes with no assistance. Unemployment is still sky high and its been daily stories on how employers are lacking on PPE or safety measures for their employees.

I'm indifferent to it. I do what I can and follow guidelines but I'll do the one thing that helps my mental health.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Plenty of people are being forced back to work or school to avoid dire financial consequences; those people get a pass.

Saying you need the gym, or a haircut, or <insert 'normalcy' activity x> to maintain your mental health when thousands of people are dying daily, in no small part because the garbage federal response is forcing people to reopen those businesses to cater to you to stay solvent and off the streets, is some real snowflake shit. Your mental health does not get primacy over the physical health of others.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

not knowing how to go safely go about your life after 6 months of this is some real snowflake shit lol

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    you're expected to disinfect weights and machines after you use them.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    This isn't doing it right and I have a huge problem with it. Just expecting people to do the right thing is fucking ridiculous and it's why we keep going backwards. If they don't have employees making sure equipment is cleaned properly after use they shouldn't be open.

If I saw they left it up to everyone individually I'd nope the fuck right out of there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Thats a bit of an absurd request lol

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

nah every bigger business i see have an extra employee or two just to routinely wash door handles and other surfaces that customers touch. it shouldn't be a big deal to have a few people going around continually cleaning stuff. its just the new cost of doing business

hell my place is near reopening and i'm going to be tripling my regular cleaning staff

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The problem in America right now is that 1 out of every 3 people you encounter in public is a fucking idiot who refuses to do the bare minimum to protect others, which means that the proper way to go safely about your life after 6 months of this, at least where I live, is to avoid situations where you're indoors with other people unless absolutely necessary.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Thats a bit of an absurd request lol
    No, it's not. When I was still working on cars we had to let customers know something as simple as an oil change would take an hour to an hour and a half so we had ample time to clean/disinfect the cars before and after service. Mind you, the technicians were flat rate, not hourly, so they weren't getting paid for that extra time, but it was necessary.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    This isn't doing it right and I have a huge problem with it. Just expecting people to do the right thing is fucking ridiculous and it's why we keep going backwards. If they don't have employees making sure equipment is cleaned properly after use they shouldn't be open.

If I saw they left it up to everyone individually I'd nope the fuck right out of there.

This guy gets it. This is why despite safety guidelines I am not going to go to gyms or indoor dining or any shit like that.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Wouldn't you question how sanitary the rest of the building is if they're not even willing to do that? I sure as hell would.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

To have someone on hand to run from machine to machine, to freeweight to freeweight to wipe it down, while watching everyone in every area?

just wipe it down yourself, jeez, dont be lazy.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's not about trying to avoid doing that. It's the fact that you can't trust the general populace to do it.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

To have someone on hand to run from machine to machine, to freeweight to freeweight to wipe it down, while watching everyone in every area?

Nynja. People are lazy. People won't even put a mask on. You're being willfully ignorant right now.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast